Recent Topics

Ads

ULTIMATE ASSIST ADD-ON? Possible?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
freshour
Banned

ULTIMATE ASSIST ADD-ON? Possible?

Post#1 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:45 pm

Okay, this may be a long shot but I was doing some SC's this morning and a teammate was a little trigger happy swapping to dif targets. In reality he was a Mara so he was getting his debuffs all going as we were pushing. I had this idea of an assist button that switches when your target switches. Simpler than that it just constantly is refreshing by hitting itself.

Sure it isn't THAT hard to hit your assist button. But is it possible to make an addon with 4 buttons. Click button 1, type name of character, set assist to either "click" or "toggle" toggle meaning it just keeps refreshing the assist every second, click only refreshing it when you click it?

I think this would allow people to stay on target and would be appreciated by old and new players. The only problem is I have no idea how this would work. Obviously having a button refresh or click itself again and again seems simpler than an assist that has to go off what someone else is doing so the way I am thinking would take advantage of how assist actually works now, but make it easier to use.

"Ultimate Assist Addon"

- Okay so that was the simple one. This is my dream assist add-on.

Have the addon use the enemy team addon. Or maybe like a small heal grid ish looking thing with the ability to simply click the player you want to assist. So that way you don't have to reset macros depending on party. You simply just click the player and poof ur on an auto refreshing assist that will let you focus on the same target and not constantly hit refresh because he accidentally hit tab then tabbed back to the target all while you are wondering why he is hitting a knight instead of that slayer, when in reality he is hitting the slayer, he just swapped to the knight for a debuff.

Sorry this is a lot. Anyone else has anything good to add to this, I'm sure some of the add-on wizards we have here could make something really cool!.

Ads
Toldavf

Re: ULTIMATE ASSIST ADD-ON? Possible?

Post#2 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:49 pm

Sounds like it's against the rules no automated addons.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Telen
Suspended

Post#3 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:49 pm

No. NB is bad enough.

freshour
Banned

Post#4 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:51 pm

It is literally just an assist button that keeps assisting your target. I don't think it is nearly as bad as nerf button lol. But maybe other people will have some ideas for a good assist addon as there really aren't any at all.

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#5 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:58 pm

As soon as /target gets implemented, the possibilitys will open up
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Toldavf

Post#6 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:00 pm

Assist is already hit one button assist target you can't make it easier than hitting one button without violating server rules. Now if you wanted a sensoryl que from your ma that lets you know he's swapped target like some king of sound well that could work.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

adei

Post#7 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:00 pm

Really does not take that much effort to change the name on a macro, I can understand frustration when in pug play but if you are playing with a team then you will usually always have assist macros ready for whoever is leading the train, seems a bit overkill imho.

Luth

Post#8 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:24 pm

About that auto-refresh function: Iirc there was an addon like that and it was made impossible by mythic (that's how i remember it, can be wrong). I think there was a well known group on the NA server that was running it; everytime their IB died, the group stood literally around waiting for the healers to rez him (he was the one who picked the targets and the others automatically switched to that target).
Seriously, assisting is easymode as it is. It doesn't need to be further dumbed down (not meant offensive, just my oppinion).

Swiftassist for easy assist settings.

Ads
Reklaw

Post#9 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:00 pm

You weren't around before the assist macro worked on RoR? :D now that was fun assisting!
The way it works now is more then sufficient in my humble opinion.
CRITICAL ACCLAIM
Reklaw R40 SO - Jabberwocky R40 DoK - Googol R40 MAg - Tinteling R40 MAr - Jabster R41 Chp - Unoffensive R23 SH - Jabbywoo R33 Zealot - Kittycat - Donalduck

Ihavecats R40 WL - Jabber R32 - Species R42 BW - Panini R26 AM - Frailty

freshour
Banned

Post#10 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:07 pm

Oh yeah, I use the basic /assist when I play with friends and get 2-3 people to assist. I guess I didn't realize that it was considered a "skill gap" from hitting assist on a target once, or multiple times depending on if he changes targets. I really just wanted to make it a smoother less clunky function.

The second option was just an idea. Ideally it would be awesome to just have an "A" next to each memeber in your party and you just click them and it refreshes with their targets. But as the old school vets kinda control this game, going in and typing the name of each person to assist seems WAY better as the less user friendly things are the bigger the skill gap from the vets to the newer players is I guess. But hey, i'm sure i'll make do :) and thanks for the tips and thanks for the usual L2P. Only want to make this game better for everyone. Not dumb it down, just less clunky. The engine is old as ****, so anything that can smooth it out helps. Logic and WAR don't go together a whole lot.