Recent Topics

Ads

ULTIMATE ASSIST ADD-ON? Possible?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
saupreusse
Developer

Re: ULTIMATE ASSIST ADD-ON? Possible?

Post#11 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:13 pm

being able to see when your main assist switches targets is part of the game.
You need to be attentive.

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#12 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 pm

I guess this is more to get people assisting in SC's. As people do not do it unless they have played for a long time, hence most pugs do not do it. I'm tired of Pre's using 1 function and destroying any/all pugs. A simple assist addon that involved NO TYPING would not be a bug/cheat/hax - it would be a convenient way to use one of the most important functions in all of WAR and especially in SC's.

If the 6 mans are afraid that they will lose to pugs who finally use assist lol, well then that is one thing. I want it to be more competitive for everyone, and having a smoother assist function is by no means remotely cheating/hacking and is WAY less than nerf button. You are removing the need for 6-24 buttons to assist each member in the party and can swap to it easily.

Sorry for a double post, but I get none of the logic used to counter me. One guy said it was borderline cheating? Makes zero sense, and obviously he doesn't want people getting better. Another said there is no need to dumb it down. Dumbing something down makes it simpler. Making something a smoother process makes it BETTER. Imagine how many assist trains in WB's/SC's we'd see.

Less mindless zerging and more teamwork. But again if this boils down to another reason vets don't wanna lose, then I get it, and I'll privately message some GM's/Devs about their thoughts and see if I can pay some add-on makers to make it... for the non 6 man people b/c when you don't play with the same people everyday, typing a ton of names to assist is annoying as hell haha. Good day, sorry for all the logic and making sense. Waaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhh ... better?

freshour
Banned

Post#13 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:16 pm

saupreusse wrote:being able to see when your main assist switches targets is part of the game.
L2P - got it.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#14 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:20 pm

freshour wrote:
saupreusse wrote:being able to see when your main assist switches targets is part of the game.
L2P - got it.
didnt say that. I am just very careful with everything that automates parts of the game.

Luth

Post#15 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:33 pm

freshour wrote:going in and typing the name of each person
No need to do that with "swiftassist"; it has one macro for setting the player to assist and another one to hit for assisting. The setassist macro just uses the player you have in your friendly target, no need to type anything and it goes very quick.

th3gatekeeper

Post#16 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:16 pm

freshour wrote:Oh yeah, I use the basic /assist when I play with friends and get 2-3 people to assist. I guess I didn't realize that it was considered a "skill gap" from hitting assist on a target once, or multiple times depending on if he changes targets. I really just wanted to make it a smoother less clunky function.

The second option was just an idea. Ideally it would be awesome to just have an "A" next to each memeber in your party and you just click them and it refreshes with their targets. But as the old school vets kinda control this game, going in and typing the name of each person to assist seems WAY better as the less user friendly things are the bigger the skill gap from the vets to the newer players is I guess. But hey, i'm sure i'll make do :) and thanks for the tips and thanks for the usual L2P. Only want to make this game better for everyone. Not dumb it down, just less clunky. The engine is old as ****, so anything that can smooth it out helps. Logic and WAR don't go together a whole lot.
I agree. PUGs dont assist because it does take a little bit of investment to do.. .If there was an "A" next to names where PUGs could click, it would lessen the advantage.

I think people should reflect that this ISNT WAR, its RoR. Its not intended for players who played LIVE to re-live the live game. Its to re-make the game and much better than it was on live.

This means fixing the clunky feel of the game. One of the MOST important aspects of this game is /assisting and targeting. We ALL know the targeting sucks. I dont blame the DEVs here for this.

I recall a thing that other games did, was it would show YOUR target (friend or foe), then the target of your target (friend or foe). Meaning if you select an enemy, it would show you underneath who THEY are targeting. Or if you select an ally, it shows you who they are targeting.

The issue here with that concept is that we have both an offensive and defensive target. That said, I think there ideally would be a way to enable this if possible, so underneath your defensive target, it would show an even smaller indicator of THEIR target you could then click on and it would swap your offensive target to that person.

The only reason I could see people objecting to a BETTER system would be they want to retain an advantage over PUG groups who will never take the time to set up /assist macros.

In reality though, this would make for MUCH better games for everyone.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

taccr

Post#17 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:25 pm

Auto assist should be easy to implement..

Pick a good event from http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Events
Maybe SystemData.Events.PLAYER_MAIN_ASSIST_UPDATED works as I think it does. (But probably only fires when the MA is being updated)
Otherwise pick something like SystemData.Events.PLAYER_BEGIN_CAST or any other event that fires requently.

Register that event to execute a simple assist function. Done.
Kimy - KotBS/Chosen of Orz
ImageImage
Blitz -> Elementz -> Orz

Azarael

Post#18 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:59 pm

In any other genre on the planet, doing something like that would be considered a cheat.

I really despair.

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#19 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:47 pm

I guess I see where you are coming from. But when 6 mans q up for SC's vs pugs as maybe 1-2% of their fights are against other 6 mans lol. They assist, the pugs don't, its 500 to 0 and the 6 man thinks they are AWESOME.

They win, say that /assist should be as is b/c it doesn't need dumbed down. Then when they get slaughtered by people doing it back, they log. Personally I like helping new players, and the fact that you have 6 mans vs pugs, using /assist vs people not on coms not using it is literally about as big of a disadvantage as you can get.

I'm not saying 6 man should not be able to fight pugs, their little baby egos wouldn't like only having to fight other premades. But giving the pugs the options to assist as they are, in a simpler fashion as most 6 man groups played on live, and quite a few pugs didn't as most live players found other players they know from live and so on.

Anyway, sorry to offend the vets who love winning 500-0 with little to no defense and think they are good. You are not. To those offering suggestions, thanks!!!! I'll try out the assist add on listed, but I don't think people realize that not everyone played live. If this is a game for those people only then I apologize.

Idrinth
Addon Developer

Post#20 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:53 pm

calling would, if it works again, be able to lessen that percieved gap I guess - but I'm unsure if that's good or bad in regards to fun and fairness
Addons&more Addon News&Creation&Testing Addon News Blog
  • Idrinth - Swordmaster
  • Alitsa - Knight of the Blazing Sun
  • Alitza - Warrior Priestess
  • Idrynth - Disciple of Khaine