Recent Topics

Ads

ULTIMATE ASSIST ADD-ON? Possible?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Luth

Re: ULTIMATE ASSIST ADD-ON? Possible?

Post#21 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:58 pm

The problem is imo:
It requires the new players to install that "autoassist" addon too. To do this they must be aware of assisting and could also simply just press the normal assist macro with "swiftassist".
I don't think this is any help to new players at all; "mastering the game" takes some time and experience, it can't be done via addons.
This addon probably would only give them the feeling/illusion that they made a big step forward and got better, but actually they didn't move (or even moved backwards).

Ads
Gachimuchi

Post#22 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:04 pm

freshour wrote:I guess this is more to get people assisting in SC's. As people do not do it unless they have played for a long time, hence most pugs do not do it. I'm tired of Pre's using 1 function and destroying any/all pugs. A simple assist addon that involved NO TYPING would not be a bug/cheat/hax - it would be a convenient way to use one of the most important functions in all of WAR and especially in SC's.
This is a L2P issue. Additionally, premades do a lot more than just 'use 1 function'. I'd argue that loading into a scenario, changing your assist macro to whoever you want to assist off of, and then putting it on your hotbar is already convenient enough.
If the 6 mans are afraid that they will lose to pugs who finally use assist lol, well then that is one thing. I want it to be more competitive for everyone, and having a smoother assist function is by no means remotely cheating/hacking and is WAY less than nerf button. You are removing the need for 6-24 buttons to assist each member in the party and can swap to it easily.
Ad hominem + strawmanning.
Sorry for a double post, but I get none of the logic used to counter me. One guy said it was borderline cheating? Makes zero sense, and obviously he doesn't want people getting better. Another said there is no need to dumb it down. Dumbing something down makes it simpler. Making something a smoother process makes it BETTER. Imagine how many assist trains in WB's/SC's we'd see.
Automation is frowned upon. If you don't understand the positions other people have taken in this thread maybe you should take a slightly closer look at them and imagine it from their perspective.

Obviously? If random pugs wanted to 'get better' they would take the time to use assist macros, group with others players to form a decent comp, learn their class/other classes better, better target selection, ap management, not break cc, not giving useless cc... the list goes on. But you chose to ignore any of these possibilities in favor of the poster in question being a 6 man premade player who likes to stomp pugs that have no chance against them.

Assisting is already simple enough. Even if this magical addon to make pugs better was made, do you have any proof that immediately all pugs would start to use it?
Less mindless zerging and more teamwork. But again if this boils down to another reason vets don't wanna lose, then I get it, and I'll privately message some GM's/Devs about their thoughts and see if I can pay some add-on makers to make it... for the non 6 man people b/c when you don't play with the same people everyday, typing a ton of names to assist is annoying as hell haha. Good day, sorry for all the logic and making sense. Waaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhh ... better?
Once again your assertion that this addon will magically make all pugs good at the game and able to compete vs premades with no communication or bad group comps. Muh everybody in this thread is a 6 man elitist that wants nothing but to stomp pugs all day. Okay, go call in your team of addon developers to make this magical 'Premade Buster 5000 Brainless Assist Addon - PUG Edition'. I'll be waiting to see the results of random pugs using it vs a proper premade.

Also, if it isn't clear already, most 6mans prefer a good fight, not a one sided stomp. I guess it isn't because this has been beat to death over and over and yet some people don't seem to get it. You aren't some special snowflake for insinuating otherwise. I guess there must always be a Nishka.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Toldavf

Post#23 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:01 pm

http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... =52&t=2485

Server rules under the no cheating section second line down.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#24 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:32 pm

just to much danger for exploit/botting/multiboxing.
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

greenstoned

Post#25 » Sun May 01, 2016 2:27 am

between nerfed buttons that wraps up your rotation in 1 button and this kind of auto targeting, all that you'd be missing is a mod that moves your char for you so you don't have to worry about positioning. then you'd be playing a 3d graphic spreadsheet and be able to do bot battles with all the other cool kids ;p

seriously, i don't get it... i tought the point of playing the game was actually to play the game...
AM - Greendreams
SW - Experiment

saupreusse
Developer

Post#26 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:15 am

Automatic Assist via bot MUST ALWAYS be considered a cheat.

Marsares

Post#27 » Sun May 01, 2016 11:56 am

saupreusse wrote:being able to see when your main assist switches targets is part of the game.
You need to be attentive.
This.

Why do people insist to constantly lower the skill-cap in a skills-based game? Nerfed Buttons is bad enough, but auto-assist-switching is really taking the cake.

Not being elitist or anything, but why automate things in a game like this? Where's the fun in that? There's plenty of addons that help with assisting, but you'll still need to be attentive and/or coorindate... isn't that what this game is about?
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW

Sizer

Post#28 » Sun May 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Marsares wrote:
saupreusse wrote:being able to see when your main assist switches targets is part of the game.
This.

Why do people insist to constantly lower the skill-cap in a skills-based game? Nerfed Buttons is bad enough, but auto-assist-switching is really taking the cake.

Not being elitist or anything, but why automate things in a game like this? Where's the fun in that? There's plenty of addons that help with assisting, but you'll still need to be attentive and/or coorindate... isn't that what this game is about?
Unfortunately there are already addons that do things like this. Not sure how many of them work fully but I know some of them do.
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

Ads
taccr

Post#29 » Sun May 01, 2016 3:29 pm

Auto targeting itself is a non-issue.
Everyone can just constantly braindead smash their assist button.
It only becomes a problem once you sync up spellcasts. This is why multiboxing groups are deadly.

I don't think that the API provides a function to cast abilities. This prevents any kind of syncing abilities by using addon communication or event based triggers.
Kimy - KotBS/Chosen of Orz
ImageImage
Blitz -> Elementz -> Orz

saupreusse
Developer

Post#30 » Sun May 01, 2016 5:26 pm

Sizer wrote:
Marsares wrote:
This.

Unfortunately there are already addons that do things like this. Not sure how many of them work fully but I know some of them do.
tell me the names of the addons that do this.