Recent Topics

Ads

Help with Squared

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
NAsudor

Help with Squared

Post#1 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:44 pm

Hey everyone :)

Since I started playing a healer ( RP specifically ), I tried using Squared since I was quite used to Grid in WoW. Everythign seemed to be fine when using it the first time, my HoTs are displayed etc, but after around an hour of gameplay, I realized an extreme delay in updating the health. The first minutes I had no problem with the AddOn.

Second, the range indicator seems to be quite off, people are shown in range but when i click them, the frame fades out.

Is there anyone who has experience or can show an addon that just works better overall ? HealGrid wasn't that great, I just want to play for a relaxing hour and don't want to add every single HoT and Debuff manually...

Thanks for your help in advance :)!

Ads
Idrinth
Addon Developer

Re: Help with Squared

Post#2 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:02 am

It's an issue unrelated to Squared itself, would happen with the usual Frames(as in addon-free) as well.
Addons&more Addon News&Creation&Testing Addon News Blog
  • Idrinth - Swordmaster
  • Alitsa - Knight of the Blazing Sun
  • Alitza - Warrior Priestess
  • Idrynth - Disciple of Khaine

navis

Post#3 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:56 am

There is some different choice to try...
Squared
Pure
Enemy

Hopefully in time the devs can get things working better, but right now you can't really rely on the frames updating that well (like Idrinth says)..
At least it works good for selecting players based on what who you know is in need of heals, which is a great leap from having to click that person in game (at least IMHO).

Nekkma

Post#4 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:16 am

I have tested squared, healgrid and enemy. Enemy is by far the best option to avoid the delay you speak of.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

vove

Post#5 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:51 am

Nekkma wrote:I have tested squared, healgrid and enemy. Enemy is by far the best option to avoid the delay you speak of.
I second that. From all the addons I have tested Enemy seems to be affected the least. It doesn't mean it gets unaffected at all, but the situation is 100 times better than the others, not comparing with native UI frames, they are completely unreliable.

And if you liked Grid in wow Enemy has a lot of options to customize it, including boxes size and appearance, so if you play a little bit with the settings you can make it look like Grid.

Nameless

Post#6 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:00 am

the problem is that while enemy is quite accurate and kinda mandatory noone will waste time to fix default frames on which are based best healing addons like squared and healgrid.

I am using squared \becouse is most compact and easy to xgroup heal\ and pure. Pure got enemy alike accuracy, unfortunatly only for your own group. So i use it as secondary check option when squared bugged out

ps enemy uniframes are hardly customizable and are not so compact and clean esp for ST healing
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Telperien

Post#7 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:45 pm

After few hours of tweaking i made my Enemy unit frames look like Squared. I used to love Squared for healing, but update issues made me try out Enemy. Now it looks like my old Squared, has the same fuctionality plus extra Enemy features - party sorting, specific effects indicators, etc. If anyone interested I can share my Enemy settings.

Slacking (checking out EvE)

NAsudor

Post#8 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:13 pm

Thanks everybody :)
Will try Enemy and see what I can do in terms of customizing it in my free time :) The delay can sometimes be so frustrating in the battlegrounds though :<

Again a big thanks to this community <3

Ads
Dary

Post#9 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:38 am

Telperien, I would love to make use of your Enemy settings if you want to post them.

WAR2014

Post#10 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:40 am

Telperien wrote:After few hours of tweaking i made my Enemy unit frames look like Squared. I used to love Squared for healing, but update issues made me try out Enemy. Now it looks like my old Squared, has the same fuctionality plus extra Enemy features - party sorting, specific effects indicators, etc. If anyone interested I can share my Enemy settings.

wow, nice and clean GUI, i like it :D

My UI similar your, but more difference are: i used xhud for char's info bar displaying... would you share your enemy setting profile for me, cuz i had my Shammy need it :D Thanks m8