Recent Topics

Ads

[ADDON] DeathBlow 2.0 Update 05/8/2016

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Akhratos

Re: [ADDON] DeathBlow 2.0 Update 05/8/2016

Post#121 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:24 pm

sullemunk wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:59 am
Golaz wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:45 pm Hi Sullemunk,

I love your addon but I have had a few problems:

1. Once all of the stats got reset when the game crashed.

2. Sometimes I notice the data from my last session has not been saved.
I have checked the SavedVariables file under my installation folder (..user\settings\GLOBAL\Deathblow2) and the file has simply not been modified during my gaming session nor after exiting the game.
Where is the data stored temporarily so I can merge it into the file? If it's gone, could you make it save the entries more often and not only when you exit the game? Or maybe add a manual button to save the data.

Really love the addon its just a shame so much of the data has been lost already :D
It's an engine limitation, not saving upon crashes.
It only saves the user data on Logging or Reloading UI
also, make sure your user files and folders is not writeprotected

I have another weird problem, in one of my characters the both deathblow2 and warboard toggler for db2 will show a yellow ! mark. This char db2 window pops but its completely blacked out (not only no data, its blacked even no text). I looked under my ..user\settings\GLOBAL\Deathblow2\SavedVariables.lua and theres no mention to this character there.

If I change zone or disable enable addon multiple times sometimes it will show the addon window not blacked out, but it will not save any data even if i close the game without crashing. No data still in the savedvariables.lua for that char after it.

Both db2 and warboard toggler work completely fine for all my other chars.

If I try ¨/db list¨ with my bugged char I get the following error in the chat:
An error occured with the supplied slash command - please report this to the addon author:
[string "Interface/AddOns\Deathblow2\Deathblow2.lua"]:1214: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

Any idea what could be going wrongly with this char?

Ads
wwright72

Post#122 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:50 am

sullemunk wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:48 pm
moragorkhezald wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:42 pm
moragorkhezald wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:11 pm I can not see the deathblow toggle icon. I can open the addon with the command normally but the toggle icon is not present. I have last 2.0 version.

Any hint?
Okay I fixed that, but now I have some weird issue.

When I get killed the screen text saying you have annihilated blablabla appears inmediately on screen, but when I kill someone the "You annihilated..." message will not appear until 15/20s later or so, is this intended or am I doing something wrong here? The addon seems to be working ok just this weird thing.
I made an experement alternative ticker on the left side of the screen for DeathBlow3, witch pushes its kill notification to that one
(It also allowed for other addons to push to it, like LootAlert)
Yes this Deathblow3 looks amazing where/when can we get it? :)
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

zegreiart

Post#123 » Fri May 01, 2020 4:35 am

wwright72 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:50 am Yes this Deathblow3 looks amazing where/when can we get it? :)
100% this. Looks very clean.

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#124 » Fri May 01, 2020 7:28 am

zegreiart wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:35 am
wwright72 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:50 am Yes this Deathblow3 looks amazing where/when can we get it? :)
It's a standalone addon called Infoscroller so death blow is not needed, you can grab a test version from fixxers site
You can set it to show death blows, influence, experience, renown gains.
If you want it to show looted items you can combine it with the addon "lootalert"
It's setup so other addons can push info to it
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

zegreiart

Post#125 » Fri May 01, 2020 8:00 am

sullemunk wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:28 am
It's a standalone addon called Infoscroller so death blow is not needed, you can grab a test version from fixxers site
If you want it to show looted items you can combine it with the addon "lootalert"
Yo, thank you for letting me know! I doubt it'll replace DB for me, but I really enjoy how sleek it looks.

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#126 » Fri May 01, 2020 8:32 am

Not really a replacement more of an addition to it
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

rogg

Post#127 » Tue May 12, 2020 1:36 am

sullemunk wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:28 am
Yo sullemunk, would you give me the link for this test version? I love to try my self:)

Thanks boss

Nakamo

Post#128 » Tue May 12, 2020 1:59 am

Where there any changes made where the Kills are saved?
Tried to reset my DB Database and delete all entrys in /Global/Deathblow2/SavedVariables.lua
But all my entrys are still there when i log into my char.
Even if i delete the hole file or folder in Global, all entrys still on my char when i take a look at total.
Deletetd complete addon, any text in the file, nothing changed, still all entrys are in there.
Did i miss something here?

Ads
Eisboleas

Post#129 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:00 am

@sullemunk How far are we from the release of the new DB ?
"If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see."

Darkenya [WE]

doky

Post#130 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:29 pm

Where is deathblow2 data saved? I've lost all my scores after PC cleanup, never touched the ROR folder.