Buy and sell! Earn money! Spend money!
That's what we want.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
xarborn

Question by Auction house

Post#1 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:46 pm

Hello, people

I have a small problem what the percentage of the sales concerns.

I have sold the last week a part for 6 gold and then have got 5. 40 gold. There I imagined well oke there I would have to do purely theoretically 60 silver higher began around on a round one pay come up

Now it was thus I from 6. 60 gold a retail price only 5. 94 gold has agreed. I would turn white with pleasure know whether somebody as exactly the percent sentence of the delivery in sell is.

You´re welcome, greetings Xarborn

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Re: Question by Auction house

Post#2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:53 pm

The auction fee should be 10%ish, just do the math on future auctions.

I.e.:
Your first auction sold for 6g ~ the payout was 5.4g, so 0.6g have been withheld, thats 10% of the price you did set.
Your second auction sold for 6.6g ~ the payout was 5.94g, so 0.66g have been withheld, thats, again, 10% of the price you did set.

E.g.:
Selling a stack of potions for 7.57g will yield you a payout of 6.813g.
If you want to get a certain payout, lets say 7.57g, you'd have to sell the stack of potions for 9.19g.

payout(price,fee) := price - (price/100)*fee;
price(payout,fee) := 100*(payout/(100-fee));

I'd suggest to use Excell, or programs like GeoGebra/Maxima, if you wanna do math/conquer the auction house. Typing out the same functions over and over gets tiresome. You could copy the above into Maxima and call the functions with inputs (you might wanna rename the functions/variables, shorten them at the very least).
Spoiler:
E: Fixed smth, don't wanna be too sloppy if I can avoid it...