Recent Topics

Ads

[roleplay] Correspondence

Feel like burning like a bright wizard? Being as green as a gobbo? Robust like an Ironbreaker? Bloodthirsty like a witch elf? Feel free to speak as them here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Wraithedge

[roleplay] Correspondence

Post#1 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:03 am

(( ooc )) This thread is for you to write mail and missives to other characters in the world. Just write them a letter and they may or may not see it. It is a perilous world and there is not guarantee that your missive will wend its way to its intended. And who knows, keep up with the thread and perhaps YOU will get something.

It is an open thread, anyone can post. I would prefer that it be for RP, even srs bsns RP, but I am not the arbiter of taste and roleplaying. It is an open thread so post as you like. Maybe try not to bust up the thread too much.

Post your in-character letters, send your mail.

A note for roleplayers- yes everyone can see this. You want secret messages send then a PM. This is "oh look a letter in my nosey little hands, I wonder what it says before I pass it along" post at your own embarrassing risk.

Why not use the mail system in the game?
Because it is terrible for this sort of thing. You can send a horse through the mail but not more than a few characters. I think if you want to have something to say, try it this way. But if you want to send me gold, definitely use the in game system. Very yes that.
Last edited by Wraithedge on Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Wraithedge

Re: Correspondence

Post#2 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:15 am

(( A crisp bleached note folded into an ivory colored, pressed envelope ))

Lady Frielda, Dwarf of Ekrund, Sentry over Mandred, care of Ekrund Services Guild

Upon the walls of Mandred you spoke to me and I did not return the courtesy. It may have marked me as cold or aloof. In truth, I did hearken back to a day where choices were made between our people that perhaps we personally might not have chosen. So in recompense allow me to leave these verses in your keeping.

A Lion sits by the gate.
A goblin licks his bow string.
The chaos moon is silent overhead.

The mountains are pale and far;
the dirt is close and rough
and between is the road.

Peasants gather.
A raven nailed to a board.
No one sees the raven.
No one sees the board.

Intariel Wraithedge, House Wraithedge, last son of his line
Ceyl an Charoi

zulnam

Re: [roleplay] Correspondence

Post#3 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:41 am

Der Rolen,

We ar still statiand in Nordland, garding the far west flank of the main army at New Emskrank. We can haer their cannons all day long, but on oor side thing'sve been quite. Sergent Ferdinand's techin a few of us to write an read.
Good man, the Sergent. he saes that everi one should now this, that helthy eddu eed edni edication goes along way. The priest dosn't seem to agre.

Anewae tell fater an moter i saed hallo. Did he gadder the grapes yet? If not, tellim to get on it befor they go sour. An help him to. Ther betre be wine when i come home!

Stay out of trubl trable.
Best of Wishis,
Tomas.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG