Recent Topics

Ads

Race Start Zone

Feel like burning like a bright wizard? Being as green as a gobbo? Robust like an Ironbreaker? Bloodthirsty like a witch elf? Feel free to speak as them here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Khorba

Race Start Zone

Post#1 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi all is possyble to race on t1 start on race zone not all on chaos ..t1 elf , dwarf ,green is empty and is many pl make new chars.. j know book can tp to race zone but is not that same like before when all race start on it ?

Ads
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Re: Race Start Zone

Post#2 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:53 pm

Just like WAR, we don't have the population in the lower tiers to split people across all three zones. Not only because T1 lasts for maybe all of 5 hours, but also because their RvR zones are huge. You could throw 2 warbands into the Blighted Isle, and they might never see each other. God forbid you die, because the amount of time it takes you to run from the warcamp to the farthest BO is enough time for the other side to kill the guards, take the flag, AND wait down the timer almost completely.

The Book of Binding solution is basically the best solution there can be until there's a de-bolstering system, and some incentive to go back into the lower tiers. After Mythic's redesign, the Empire pairing just happens to be the one most friendly to T1 RvR - it's the right size, all of the BOs are a roughly-equal equal distance from both warcamps, and it's the closest to the Ch.1 camp.

CzarRedwall

Post#3 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:25 am

Wouldnt spreading out the races encourage players to actually level in those areas instead of rolling a level one and going straight to RVR lakes? Players arnt necessarily spread thin since there are flightmasters and at tier 1 it is only 50 coppers to go back and forth.

Gorwe

Post#4 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:41 am

Genisaurus wrote:Just like WAR, we don't have the population in the lower tiers to split people across all three zones. Not only because T1 lasts for maybe all of 5 hours, but also because their RvR zones are huge. You could throw 2 warbands into the Blighted Isle, and they might never see each other. God forbid you die, because the amount of time it takes you to run from the warcamp to the farthest BO is enough time for the other side to kill the guards, take the flag, AND wait down the timer almost completely.

The Book of Binding solution is basically the best solution there can be until there's a de-bolstering system, and some incentive to go back into the lower tiers. After Mythic's redesign, the Empire pairing just happens to be the one most friendly to T1 RvR - it's the right size, all of the BOs are a roughly-equal equal distance from both warcamps, and it's the closest to the Ch.1 camp.
How about the scroll method like on live?

Plus what about PvE(flog me alive I don't care), RP and story? After all, I don't feel nearly as tense near Chaos as I do near Druchii. Ok, both should be defeated(Chaos first because if you defeat Male first...oh boy are you in for a treat more horrible than even Endtimes!), but I do hate Druchii more(they let loose the horrors of Chaos anyhow after salvation by Aenarion).