Recent Topics

Ads

Twitch Channel: Returning Marauder

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
EvilAlbatross

Re: Twitch Channel: Returning Marauder

Post#11 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:39 am

Coryphaus wrote:can you upload vod of mara play later dude? i want to improve my mara play but i have some irl stuff going on so i cant watch stream atm
I haven't played in probably 4 years or so but it sounds like Azuzu summed it up nicely. =)

Ads
Bretin

Post#12 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:13 am

Azuzu wrote:
Coryphaus wrote:
Azuzu wrote:
Do u want to be a group oriented Mara or solo?
either ( or both :) ) is fine i just need to get better at the class cause im used playing more simplistic mdps in choppa and not used to stance rotations and all that
If u want to be OP as a Mara stack parry RA. Stay in Monstro stance, switch to Sav when you disarm to reapply arror debuffs. :D .....and lots of flailing lol

I'm u know all that if you have been playing it for awhile.
please stop giving such stupid advices if you don't know anything about the marauder. if you have more than 3 working brain cells you will NEVER EVER stay in monstro except if you get focussed really hard.

watch my twitch replays if you want to become better on marauder or pm me for any questions but don't listen to such a bullshit :(

Azuzu

Post#13 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:23 pm

Bretin wrote: please stop giving such stupid advices if you don't know anything about the marauder. if you have more than 3 working brain cells you will NEVER EVER stay in monstro except if you get focussed really hard.

watch my twitch replays if you want to become better on marauder or pm me for any questions but don't listen to such a bullshit :(
Monstro vs class another melee is very strong. Immunity to armor penetration, combined with self healing is incredible. It complements the Sav spec very well.

(This is based on 1v1 vs other melee at level 26)

You start in Sav and apply the toughness, armor, wounds debuffs. You also get nice Sav dot ticks. You switch over to Monstro after your opening to help mitigate damage, once in Monstro you Pulverize and Flail. You wait for a parry to disarm, once you disarm you switch to Sav and reapply the debuffs and get some damage in. At this point they should be low enough that you can switch back to monstro to finish. You will finish a lot of fights with 100% hp left.

You need to mutation switch to be a good Mara, I never suggested staying in any one stance exclusively.

Instead of being hostile, try giving a reasonable counterpoint that illustrates what you do differently then what I suggest above. I'm interested in hearing your opinion on the class and what you do differently, saying watch me stream isn't a great way to do that.
Suzu

Twitch: Watch The Big Ole Critties!

Suzu's UI: My UI

Bretin

Post#14 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:56 pm

Azuzu wrote:Monstro vs class another melee is very strong. Immunity to armor penetration, combined with self healing is incredible. It complements the Sav spec very well.

(This is based on 1v1 vs other melee at level 26)

You start in Sav and apply the toughness, armor, wounds debuffs. You also get nice Sav dot ticks. You switch over to Monstro after your opening to help mitigate damage, once in Monstro you Pulverize and Flail. You wait for a parry to disarm, once you disarm you switch to Sav and reapply the debuffs and get some damage in. At this point they should be low enough that you can switch back to monstro to finish. You will finish a lot of fights with 100% hp left.

You need to mutation switch to be a good Mara, I never suggested staying in any one stance exclusively.

Instead of being hostile, try giving a reasonable counterpoint that illustrates what you do differently then what I suggest above. I'm interested in hearing your opinion on the class and what you do differently, saying watch me stream isn't a great way to do that.
ok so first, there is neither a option to que 1vs1 against any specific class nor is the game built around 1vs1. your build has to work in any situation as good as it can be w/o a respec which is definitely needed in certain situations i.e. large scale.

there is no doubt that monstro is decent from time to time but you should always know when to swap to which mutation. saying "use debuffs swap after" is pretty much gimp cause once you swap to monstro you will sacrifice your dmg by a huge amount and it's maybe not needed at that point.

basically what you said works against retards for 100% yes, but tbh against those ppl you can go bruta and impale them to death w/o loosing more than 20% of your own hp at all.

mrd is probably the class with the highest skillcap of any melee and to exhaust that you will need a lot more than just laming ppl to death with monstro.

btw i've got a question, which is the first debuff a mrd should apply once he starts to fight and why? toughness?