Black orc solobitz!

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Culexus

Re: Black orc solobitz!

Post#31 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:30 am

Pahakukka wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:31 am The 5pc warlord i need to check. I think The melee Power there might Be surprisingly high dmg increase. But dropping that would allow to free tactic point from wounds. The 20%crit might well Make up to it, specially If used with fort weapons. Even without The crit dmg increase.

That's what I found. It's the choice between +880 health+extra tactic slot for damage or +19 extra damage per hit. I run tactics gabc/rugged/crit/loudmouth. As so many don't run full futile I crit a lot when channeling or kd when burst is needed most. Fort weapon make it even more reliable. Going 3 sov also means being able to take the sov belt over wl which is just a plain upgrade with its toughness, ws and parry over the junk stats on wl belt.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Ads
Farrul

Post#32 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:08 am

Pahakukka wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:22 am
Pahakukka wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:50 pm
Farrul wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:37 am
It is generally a better idea to scale the damage from several sources rather than a more one-dimensional approcah. Crit is imho a very significant contribution to being effective but i would not go beyond a certain point.

Tanks have the advantage of decent support crit tactics which means less focus is needed from gear/renown compared to say a white lion etc. For me personally the sweetspot is between 32-35% crit on tanks but i can manage with just 30%, it is enough to burst and kill.

For BO specifically you get two tactics for crit which could produce some nice results with the 5 - off sov set bonuses to crit. It might be worth it to aim for a higher value somewhere around 40ish.

I could try The painboss 5pc wl 2 pc or just swap STR talismans to WS ones. With swapping loudmouth to crit tactic i should have 30ish crit. With More Parry than now. Loudmouth just seem to work really well now
I tried to theorycraft this yesterday with Gear I had but wasnt able to get sensible setup for soloing. I ended up with medium armor, no defenses and still pretty weak overall dmg (you might hit hard occasionally,but attacks that won't crit does no dmg). also i wasnt able to muster armor pen at all, so it would Be good for bashing lightarmored toons, which probably would have easy Time kiting you. The 2 tactics spent is harsh too, as you would have to spent renown to More mainstats to compensate The lack of stats from sets

I can see it work with assist train 6man tho. Providing extra dmg to take down targets.

Any More experienced BO have insight for this?
One issue with BO/SM crit tactics is their scaling with stances, unlike the other tanks who get more out of crit due to all thier attacks(dots) etc benefiting from the % increase all the time, the BO/SM rely more upon tree hit combo/ether dance for the big damage, hence in my opinion i would either go all in for a high 45+ish + with double crit tactics and sov crit bonuses or just keep it at a medium- low (still using crit chance tactic) in the 26-30 level.

With just tactic + fortress weapon yo're getting 26% then add event item and possible another 2% source and 29% it is , this wont strain the build but the added benefit of crit does make an important difference compared to having nothing at all, even though its not a crazy number you will become more efficient with damage overall. Seeing as the Fort axe is ideal for BO since the + speed bonus to somewhat counter You Wot self-snare + the fact that def proc weapon bonuses do not stack with You wot , building some crit if just with the tactic + axe +event is imho a no brainer.

Having said that and to aid you in analyzing, assuming 5- off sov / 3 WL on a Black Orc vs a 5 WL 3 - off sov or 2 -2 off sov/vict etc, the real difference is 2 set bonuses worth of stats for the 2 set bonuses to crit. How you supplement the base setup with renown points and talismans/ liniment combinations also can make or break the build. To maximize the toon i would not use a liniment that is overidden by abilities like bellow stat stealing, use buffs that the class can't naturally buff to maximize performance.

For example using my Ironbreaker ( putting aside class differences and just looking at the gear- which is the same) i get from my current setup, 4 wl, 3 off sov, 2 vict.

753 str ( 867 selfbuffed)
540 WS (630+ wl bonus)
601 toughness ( 691)
8,8k wounds ( 9,4k lini)
9 % crit chance ( 34% crit selfbuffed)

If i was to change to 5 off -sov, then subtract 71 str from vict bonus and 6% WL pen bonus but everything else pretty much the same with maybe some minor stat differences, imho not worth it for IB since we get so much crit already from channel attack(34+ 20 = 54% at full grudges) but for BO with 25% crit tactic + 15% from sov this is more intersting. Unfortunately I don't know how these crit bonuses to damage add up but if we are talking 40% crit damage increase, not that far from the 50% dps classes get, supplement it whit a crit liniment and some renown for a 45%+ ( i think BO can reach 50% crit) and you still have 800 str, 45% armor pen, and huge wounds with orc racial tactic. I would definitely try that if i had the will to level up another toon.

Culexus wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:46 pmWith that setup I can do some decent dps while still being really tough to kill if I can keep all the buffs up. I feel that most of our extra damage comes from flat % buffs from the tactic, you wot and challenge rather than strength so I prefer to stack weapon skill over it. The Fortress Bigchoppa helps our main problem as a tank which is mobility. That speed boost can completely change the outcome of a fight if it procs at the right moment.

Not sure if you've tried it yet, but the M2 walk it off is really strong when combined with our other buffs and regen. Going You Wot>Right in da jibbles>savin' me hide>M2>Rock'ard gives you 920 toughness and over 20%reduced armour pen at 6.1K armour for 15 sec. With the absorb up as well you are getting huge damage reduction, allowing your regen to heal loads of hp. Use an absorb pot at the same time and it's absurd.
I have something similar, just keep in mind that bellow do not stack with 60 str+ from lini in your setup so have to subtract 60 str from it unless this number was without it, hence imho the ideal BO lini is the crit/wound or wound/melee power ones but expensive of course.

Having played some destro tank in RvR on my chosen/bg (which are low levels) i feel you're being so bombarded by ranged dps all the time, i would seriously consider the 80/hp 10% crit reduction lini vs all those Bright wizards/Arch mages, since most stats you are already buffing with class abilities anyway and BO got insane wounds already ( unless you play without it, then idk why it's extremely good).

Pahakukka

Post#33 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:40 am

Im gonna give it a go, the 30ish crit should be enough to land some big hits. as long as the dps is not completely crit dependant. Have you guys tried the bloodlord weapon, is the defence reduction too much for it to be worth it?
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer
+ lots of rr50-60 toons, including 1 healer!

-"renown pinata for small groups"

Farrul

Post#34 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:05 am

^^Yes, tried bastion stairs weapon and removed it asap, it now collects dust in the Altdorf bank never to be seen again :D. Seriously though the Fort Axe is just BiS for 2H BO, maybe there would be a use for the lifesteal weapon or def proc weapon when You Wot is on cooldown (funnels, siege , possibly).

P.S. I even dislike BS wep on the WL , although the malus is lesser due to scaling on WL i find the Fort axe or city + wound proc weapon more to my liking.

Pahakukka

Post#35 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:12 pm

Farrul wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:05 am ^^Yes, tried bastion stairs weapon and removed it asap, it now collects dust in the Altdorf bank never to be seen again :D. Seriously though the Fort Axe is just BiS for 2H BO, maybe there would be a use for the lifesteal weapon or def proc weapon when You Wot is on cooldown (funnels, siege , possibly).

P.S. I even dislike BS wep on the WL , although the malus is lesser due to scaling on WL i find the Fort axe or city + wound proc weapon more to my liking.
Im gonna leave The BS for others then. I did some quick testing, and it seems swapping Genesis to fleshrenders drop Aa dmg for 20pts. Not too Bad, but stacked with dropping The 99 melee Power it was nearly 100pts per hit less. U gotta crit often to Make up for that.

I run Boon mostly for The stats and The Parry helps when uwot is down. I tend to cancel The fortproc myself too often for it to Be viabe for me. Tho i think its just matter of getting used to it.

For speedproc weapons i think im gonna try
https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com/item/5745
If i ever get around running The quests...
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer

Moonbiter

Post#36 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:28 pm

Pahakukka wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:12 pm ...The 99 melee Power it was nearly 100pts per hit less....
Dat is very strange.
99MP must be about 30 per hit. With 1.5 st multiplier is about 45. Not 100 :?

Pahakukka

Post#37 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:07 pm

Gotta check up what i changed, but im otettu sure its combined dmg drop from Genesis+wl mpower bonus, might Be i swapped Boon to fort wep too, it was hastily made test run. Only 10 or so AA to dummy per item combo.

Fort weapon does not give as much STR than Boon, so it probably explains it.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer

Pahakukka

Post#38 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:05 pm

Click here to watch on YouTube

Some More clips. Posting them here since its still fairly active.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer

Ads
reynor007

Post#39 » Wed May 01, 2024 4:32 pm

Pahakukka wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:05 pm

hmm if your this is parry you still get an improved plan, that seems like a bug
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Pahakukka

Post#40 » Wed May 01, 2024 7:38 pm

reynor007 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:32 pm
Pahakukka wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:05 pm

hmm if your this is parry you still get an improved plan, that seems like a bug
I think its always worked like that. Plan changes on ablity used, lands it or not. otherwise u could just go THC If KD is parties. Now u gotta work Back to best plan
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer