Help needed with recording

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
GrishnakBlagtoof

Help needed with recording

Post#1 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:07 am

Hey all!

So, I'm an Editor and Compositor, and I'm looking to make some Warhammer RoR Videos. Add to my portfolio, yeah, but to also just have some great footage of great battles!!!
My issue is, no matter WHAT I do, no matter WHAT program / App I try, I can never get a solid recording, and NEVER get full screen recordings....
The attached image is what I get.....
I've never ran into an issue like this in all my years.....so random and no reasons for it, well no obvious reasons for it.... :shock:

I'm on a MacBook Pro, using CrossOver, the game runs amazingly well, but for whatever reason, I can't get a full screen recording. I've used 'em all, OBS included and since I'm running CrossOver, I even tried FRAPS, but same issue. Only records top left-hand quarter of the screen.

If anyone has any thoughts or advice, I would really appreciate it....I'll even put in a credit to whatever name (forum or character) you would like as a Thank You....

Thanks for your time!

Grish
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Help needed with recording

Post#2 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:07 pm

GrishnakBlagtoof wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:07 am Hey all!

So, I'm an Editor and Compositor, and I'm looking to make some Warhammer RoR Videos. Add to my portfolio, yeah, but to also just have some great footage of great battles!!!
My issue is, no matter WHAT I do, no matter WHAT program / App I try, I can never get a solid recording, and NEVER get full screen recordings....
The attached image is what I get.....
I've never ran into an issue like this in all my years.....so random and no reasons for it, well no obvious reasons for it.... :shock:

I'm on a MacBook Pro, using CrossOver, the game runs amazingly well, but for whatever reason, I can't get a full screen recording. I've used 'em all, OBS included and since I'm running CrossOver, I even tried FRAPS, but same issue. Only records top left-hand quarter of the screen.

If anyone has any thoughts or advice, I would really appreciate it....I'll even put in a credit to whatever name (forum or character) you would like as a Thank You....

Thanks for your time!

Grish
I would take a guess this is related to the native screen resolution of your MBP being much higher than Crossover thinks the game is running at. Particularly if you have a 4k screen. This article might be helpful setting up OBS in Crossover https://humandecoded.io/obs-settings-fo ... cbook-pro/
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Toshutkidup

Re: Help needed with recording

Post#3 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:58 pm

Are you willing to record using external device or only with software?
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup