Recent Topics

Ads

July 20th, 2020 Altdorf Defense PUG Group

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Martok

July 20th, 2020 Altdorf Defense PUG Group

Post#1 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:31 pm

Over the last few months a number of people have posted on the forums in regard to the City Siege scenarios and the need and/or desire for a dedicated PUG instance. Others have argued against that notion.

This video is not offered as evidence to support either argument.

This video is offered as an illustration of how fun fighting in a PUG group, particularly in the City Scenario, can be.

On July 20th I qued solo for an Altdorf City Defense and found myself in a mixed and random PUG group. What followed was one of the most enjoyable Warhammer fights I have ever participated in. That mid fight during Stage Two was intense, and I wish I had recorded it. However most importantly that city fight was balanced, and as some may recall where City Sieges are concerned that was the one primary concern I articulated back when they were released. Those comments may be heard in my video entitled The City Siege Part One, published on February 10th of this year.

After the fight I informed everyone I had recorded Stage Three and would publish it as soon as I could. Therefore I am.

For Morrdread, Plazzma, Carnagerage, Lenza, Artroit, Kaltar, Telen, Lirith, Kyuss, Monzrkr, Xerel, Alekmix, and Thorhammer, it was a pleasure fighting with you guys. I hope you see yourselves in the video and, as always, thanks for watching.

For PUG Players everywhere:

Click here to watch on YouTube
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Acidic

Re: July 20th, 2020 Altdorf Defense PUG Group

Post#2 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:30 pm

How dare you have fun in a city

Martok

Post#3 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:34 pm

Yeah, I hear you.

TwistedSister77

Post#4 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:48 am

I think you violated the forum's rules by posting something positive about city. :lol:

Nice video, fun edits... and liked those orvr duels you added in.

Martok

Post#5 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:39 am

Thank, TS! I appreciate the comment.

I re-watched the video myself earlier and have to admit one reason we won that fight is kinda obvious, the attacks the BW and Engi were putting out. But good fighting all around.

I do wish fights like this were the norm as opposed to the exception.

TwistedSister77

Post#6 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:19 pm

Martok wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:39 am Thank, TS! I appreciate the comment.

I re-watched the video myself earlier and have to admit one reason we won that fight is kinda obvious, the attacks the BW and Engi were putting out. But good fighting all around.

I do wish fights like this were the norm as opposed to the exception.
I watched your tribute video in your signature to your late wife. Wow, so moving... very sorry for your loss, but also happy for all those wonderful years you had together. You'll see her again someday, god bless man.

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#7 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:29 pm

The fight on mid flag in round 2 on the champs was great too.

Martok

Post#8 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:19 pm

TwistedSister77 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:19 pmI watched your tribute video in your signature to your late wife. Wow, so moving... very sorry for your loss, but also happy for all those wonderful years you had together. You'll see her again someday, god bless man.

It means a lot to me you took the time to watch the video dedicated to my wife. Thank you. I do miss her so.

Grimfang wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:29 pmThe fight on mid flag in round 2 on the champs was great too.

Yeah, I wish I had recorded that fight, it was something to be part of.

Ads