Recent Topics

Ads

DOK Shield Spec 2 Min Guide

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dalen
Developer

Re: DOK Shield Spec 2 Min Guide

Post#11 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:48 pm

xarax wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:43 am what about talismans for that shield dok? go armor or something like weaponskill for parry and armor pen or full str
So far I've been using a mix of Armor and +Str talismans. The extra strength gives a bit of parry & block strike through which it more important than armor penetration IMHO for a shield dok. As if you get blocked or parried you don't even get the base healing value.

Also Oppressor/Dominator + Beastlord gear combinations give very little initiative, and the DoK has very low base initiative compared to most classes. So with that gear combination you might need one or two +Ini talismans even. Otherwise you will sit at ~180 initiative, and if you get an intitive debuff you will suddenly have like 50% chance to be crit.
Source Developer

Ads
krapmyself

Post#12 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:09 am

This looked like it was fun to play. too bad it looks like it's all nerfed to obscurity.

uanaka

Post#13 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:55 am

krapmyself wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:09 am This looked like it was fun to play. too bad it looks like it's all nerfed to obscurity.
What gives you the impression that it was nerfed to obscurity?

DirkDaring

Post#14 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:24 am

uanaka wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:55 am
krapmyself wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:09 am This looked like it was fun to play. too bad it looks like it's all nerfed to obscurity.
What gives you the impression that it was nerfed to obscurity?

Yup i havent seen thats its been nerfed any, granted I`ve been gone awhile , and i see they removed the cap on toughness,

Me and Uanaka had a few talks over a year ago messing around with Shield WP builds, and a little a couple days ago since ive been away . need to upgrade my gear agin since ive fallen behind from a years absence.

Drkevorkian/Heatmizer/Dirkdaring.

mekal

Post#15 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:50 am

Dok in general is a shell of whaf it used to be with skills moved over to SE dok lost sustain with toughness change dok lost a lot of healing/damage with devour nerf dok lost one of its key burst skills

Overall playing shield dok is only viable now vs terribad/pug teams

@dalen do tou really test changes in oppressor/anni that gear is laughable hell beastlord is better than that iirc

To add on even further going defensive as shield is a complete meme you wont do enough damage which = healing you'll be a complete hinderance to your team

dalen
Developer

Post#16 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:59 pm

mekal wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:50 am Dok in general is a shell of whaf it used to be with skills moved over to SE dok lost sustain with toughness change dok lost a lot of healing/damage with devour nerf dok lost one of its key burst skills

Overall playing shield dok is only viable now vs terribad/pug teams

@dalen do tou really test changes in oppressor/anni that gear is laughable hell beastlord is better than that iirc

To add on even further going defensive as shield is a complete meme you wont do enough damage which = healing you'll be a complete hinderance to your team
Annihilator is a lower level chalice heal set, why would you use that in shield spec? At that level both the Ruin set or the Mercenary set are better options. I don't really understand the question here.
Source Developer