Recent Topics

Ads

DOK Shield Spec 2 Min Guide

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Jimson

DOK Shield Spec 2 Min Guide

Post#1 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:26 pm

Ads
uanaka

Re: DOK Shield Spec 2 Min Guide

Post#2 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:00 pm

Nice quick guide, I think it provides a pretty good overview for shield dok so nice work there.

I do want to point out for anyone else watching that renown points can vary depending on the tactics that you choose. If you're not picking up the heal debuff tactic, I would recommend focusing on on the block, parry, d&d, and reduced crit tactics. As a dok in general, we don't have any good gap closer so it's very easy for ranged dps to kite and whittle us down, so I think the dodge and disrupt is pretty important. Block is important because it's effectively 3x the defensive stats, cause it covers parry/dodge/disrupt all in one. If we're looking at only gear and renown skills, it's easy to get around 18% block right off the bat, 28% with our block buff.

For abilities, I personally think throwing out the HOT is kind of a waste of your essence, considering you'll be burning through it quickly with Devour Essence, Rend Soul, and Blood of my Blood.
***Blood of my Blood is also a very very very good aoe heal, sure it hurts you in the process, but the heal is not affected by LOS or any heal debuff, so as long as people are in range, they'll get healed. If you have a decent healer on your team that can throw you a couple of hots, the damage you take is essentially negated.

For gear, I'd also add that some people enjoy running Bloodlord 6 piece for the extra weaponskill proc for parry. You lose out on a chunk of block, but it's just from what I've seen as well. I'm much more a supporter of the "defensive" builds, but I know there are some out there that enjoy focusing offensive.
You didn't mentioned it but the SC shield is also very good, along with the RVR + PVE shield.
For accessories, there is also a gunbad diamond which gives 2% block, so it's a nice filler jewel. For anyone that doesn't know, if you do a weekly BB/BE or BS, you can get a talisman to place in the sentinel ring that gives you +6% block (INSANE)

Anyways really nice video, I'm really just nitpicking at you at this point. But I thought I would just share a few comments

Ototo

Post#3 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:11 pm

This is very well done, in fact. WP/DoK with shields are greatly dismissed and looked down, with very few examples of active ones around. It's always refreshing to see a guide for the most intriguing build of the game :) :)
Spoiler:

Jimson

Post#4 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:41 pm

uanaka wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:00 pm Nice quick guide, I think it provides a pretty good overview for shield dok so nice work there.

I do want to point out for anyone else watching that renown points can vary depending on the tactics that you choose. If you're not picking up the heal debuff tactic, I would recommend focusing on on the block, parry, d&d, and reduced crit tactics. As a dok in general, we don't have any good gap closer so it's very easy for ranged dps to kite and whittle us down, so I think the dodge and disrupt is pretty important. Block is important because it's effectively 3x the defensive stats, cause it covers parry/dodge/disrupt all in one. If we're looking at only gear and renown skills, it's easy to get around 18% block right off the bat, 28% with our block buff.

For abilities, I personally think throwing out the HOT is kind of a waste of your essence, considering you'll be burning through it quickly with Devour Essence, Rend Soul, and Blood of my Blood.
***Blood of my Blood is also a very very very good aoe heal, sure it hurts you in the process, but the heal is not affected by LOS or any heal debuff, so as long as people are in range, they'll get healed. If you have a decent healer on your team that can throw you a couple of hots, the damage you take is essentially negated.

For gear, I'd also add that some people enjoy running Bloodlord 6 piece for the extra weaponskill proc for parry. You lose out on a chunk of block, but it's just from what I've seen as well. I'm much more a supporter of the "defensive" builds, but I know there are some out there that enjoy focusing offensive.
You didn't mentioned it but the SC shield is also very good, along with the RVR + PVE shield.
For accessories, there is also a gunbad diamond which gives 2% block, so it's a nice filler jewel. For anyone that doesn't know, if you do a weekly BB/BE or BS, you can get a talisman to place in the sentinel ring that gives you +6% block (INSANE)

Anyways really nice video, I'm really just nitpicking at you at this point. But I thought I would just share a few comments
Hey, I agree! I decided to make a quick 2-minute video that doesn't allow me to expand on this vast topic. You bring up good points, that definitely go into more detail than I did. Feel free to comment on the YouTube video as well; your input covers areas that I could not. I appreciate the feedback!

Devonya

Post#5 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:44 pm

Thanks for making this. I been wanting to try and make a shield DoK work and this is some good info.

Rydiak

Post#6 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:13 am

I approve! Good quick-summary video.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Jimson

Post#7 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:28 am

Rydiak wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:13 am I approve! Good quick-summary video.
We plan on releasing 2 more:
1) Cast Heal DOK
2) DPS DOK

Look out for 'em!

lurrajo

Post#8 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:33 am

Yes please to the dps dok guide! Good video :)

Ads
madrocks
Suspended

Post#9 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:22 am

Finally!
Lutz

xarax

Post#10 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:43 am

what about talismans for that shield dok? go armor or something like weaponskill for parry and armor pen or full str
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts