Recent Topics

Ads

Highwinds: Eat my Lazor feet

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wildboy789

Highwinds: Eat my Lazor feet

Post#1 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:06 pm

Ads
Learn2Play

Re: Highwinds: Eat my Lazor feet

Post#2 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:10 pm

Constructive Criticism:
Slot a 4th tactic.
Put Balanced Essence & Transfer Force on your bar. You may claim to be DPS AM, but you should still understand the mechanics and abilities of the class. A HoT goes a long way.
During the one scenario you were not in any threat for quite some time and never once even thought about having a defensive target selected.
Learn & Understand your class mechanic High Magic: Force and Tranquility. Through most of your fights you have Force capped, learn to keep Tranquility active so you can use Balanced Essence on the move, for both you and an ally.

Being a DPS AM is all Well & Good, but what makes you even better are the things you're missing.
The Original Learn2Play [L2P] Guild.

Flavorburst

Post#3 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:04 pm

This was painful to watch.

Clicking: You need to bind things. If you are uncomfortable with binding everything, just start binding 1 ability at a time to an area on your keyboard that your hand can comfortably reach (such as q e r, etc). Once you become comfortable with that, move on to another ability. Once you run out of places you can comfortably reach, start using modifiers (like shift+1 or alt+1, etc).

Also, I would also change your a and d keys from turning to strafing left and right (respectively). There is practically no reason to use keyboard turning, and this also frees up your q and e keys to use as binds for something else (since they will no longer be used to strafe).

Keyboard turning: Use your mouse to turn and pan. It's way faster, and keeping your mouse hovered over your abilities puts you at a disadvantage for targeting people, etc. This will probably become easier once you get comfortable with binding abilities to keys, since you won't need to have your mouse located at the bottom of your screen.

Not burying your heal debuff: Heal debuff is one of your more important abilities, but it can be cleansed by healers. It's important to put a throw away spell or 2 in front of it (like law of conductivity) so that it takes more time for a healer to get rid of it (thus it can run its course).

Your spec is all jacked up: I would probably run something like this at your rr/level https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3441,3434

I am unsure about whether you get a 4th tactic at 36, but if you do, I would also pick up Discerning Offense.

Your gear is all jacked up: Work on your epic weapon quests, and try to get mercenary gear as fast as possible and eventually the mercenary 39 weapon when it becomes available to you. Also, make sure to pick up the quests for the SCs in the warcamp at the start of the SC, as they will help you along to gather the required officer medals for merc gear.

There is a lot more to go over, but I think this is a good enough start to get you on the path of not playing like a scrub... plus, I'm really lazy.

Zaxxond

Post#4 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:58 pm

Flavorburst wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:04 pm This was painful to watch.

Clicking: You need to bind things. If you are uncomfortable with binding everything, just start binding 1 ability at a time to an area on your keyboard that your hand can comfortably reach (such as q e r, etc). Once you become comfortable with that, move on to another ability. Once you run out of places you can comfortably reach, start using modifiers (like shift+1 or alt+1, etc).

Also, I would also change your a and d keys from turning to strafing left and right (respectively). There is practically no reason to use keyboard turning, and this also frees up your q and e keys to use as binds for something else (since they will no longer be used to strafe).

Keyboard turning: Use your mouse to turn and pan. It's way faster, and keeping your mouse hovered over your abilities puts you at a disadvantage for targeting people, etc. This will probably become easier once you get comfortable with binding abilities to keys, since you won't need to have your mouse located at the bottom of your screen.

Not burying your heal debuff: Heal debuff is one of your more important abilities, but it can be cleansed by healers. It's important to put a throw away spell or 2 in front of it (like law of conductivity) so that it takes more time for a healer to get rid of it (thus it can run its course).

Your spec is all jacked up: I would probably run something like this at your rr/level https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3441,3434

I am unsure about whether you get a 4th tactic at 36, but if you do, I would also pick up Discerning Offense.

Your gear is all jacked up: Work on your epic weapon quests, and try to get mercenary gear as fast as possible and eventually the mercenary 39 weapon when it becomes available to you. Also, make sure to pick up the quests for the SCs in the warcamp at the start of the SC, as they will help you along to gather the required officer medals for merc gear.

There is a lot more to go over, but I think this is a good enough start to get you on the path of not playing like a scrub... plus, I'm really lazy.

"I'm really Lazy so you only get 6 paragraphs of my constructive bowel movements on your clicking, keyboard turning and gear" Flavorcudax Fall 2019

Flavorburst

Post#5 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:23 am

Zaxxond wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:58 pm

"I'm really Lazy so you only get 6 paragraphs of my constructive bowel movements on your clicking, keyboard turning and gear" Flavorcudax Fall 2019
Compared to the 20 more pages I could have wrote on other elements like his rotation, UI, healing, etc? Yeah.

Zaxxond

Post#6 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:12 am

Flavorburst wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:23 am
Zaxxond wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:58 pm

Compared to the 20 more pages I could have wrote on other elements like his rotation, UI, healing, etc? Yeah.
Waiting for your dissertation on how to star in a Barracudax vidya.