Recent Topics

Ads

Solo roaming

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hienzwar

Re: Solo roaming

Post#131 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:07 pm

Nice videos, liked the touch of music plus always a good fight :)

What do you use to record, I haven't made anything in 5 years however I am now inspired.

Ads
Foofmonger

Post#132 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:25 pm

theoddone wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:06 pm
I don't know about flanking tbh. Flanking only benefit yourself, but DI will help your team as well. Mara is so tactic dependant. I don't ever use BF.
Nice Mara vid theoddone, thats a fun spot in Praag.

Agree, don't use BF on a Mara unless you are leveling. Flanking is actually one of the better tactics for most MDPS and definitely for the Mara, as % scaling in this game has always been some of the best ways to increase ones damage. For example, the more str/mpower you have, the more and more damage gains you are going to get from the 15% damage increase of flanking.

However, as you point out, Flanking isn't always an appropriate tactic choice, and it's highly dependent on a variety of other factors as to what you use.

For newer Maras, generally speaking, you want to run 4 of these 5 tactics in your "damage focused" builds:

Flanking, Feeding on Fear, Growing Instability, Deeply Impaled, Piercing Bite

It's generally up to you and your specific build as to what you want to run. Some Mara's may go for high natural WS builds and Sav/Brut (or Brut Sav), and drop Piercing Bite to focus on "diesel auto attack damage". An AoE Mara may drop Deeply Impaled (as it only effects a single target and requires a non-AoE stance) and/or Flanking (as it's unreliable with AoE spam), and run the other 3 (+ a utility tactic). A solo Mara is probably not going to run Deeply Impaled, as a lot of the tactics benefit is for the rest of your group (just use Feeding on Fear for crit when solo). Etc....

Then there are "utility" tactics, which you may sub out 1-2 of your damage tactics for in specific situations (maybe you want Insane Whispers for AoE in city, etc..)

Sarnai

Post#133 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:51 pm

The music makes this one of the most satisfying intros I've ever seen.
WH looking for gunbad left