Recent Topics

Ads

Witch Elf YouTube Series Pt. 1 - Basic Build Overview

Fan art? Some amazing artists in here.
RvR Videos? 6v6 fights? Show off your skills!
Looking to stream the game? We encourage it!
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
KissShot

Re: Witch Elf YouTube Series Pt. 1 - Basic Build Overview

Post#11 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:49 pm

Haskr wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:57 pm
cool video! can you also give tipps and tricks how to fight witch elves? what classes give witch elf a hard time?
I think I can make that happen with the help of some of my Order friends.

Really though, as long as you have the right spec at the time you run into someone, only good WLs and good AMs will give you trouble 1v1. At higher gears, WHs won't kill you on the knockdown and you can just stand up and beat the sh*t out of them (most of them...). Super geared SWs might be able to bring you down on the KD, but even so it's not a given even for the really good folks (if you stand up and knock them down, they probably die). DPS WPs are problematic if you can't get your M1 up in time to proc your 7 second parry and mitigate their broken self heal bullsh*t; otherwise, they are also free.

I would say, however, that in my opinion 1v1 means very little in what I would consider being "good" at the game. If you want to see the game played at a high-level catch my or zarbix's stream when we are mDPSing in ranked as I think that really shows what it takes to be "good". For example, even though WL is one of the best solo classes in game (most just lack IQ I think, but they really should never lose with their kit), if you pressure their pet in ranked and ensure they don't bully the back-line, they are just OK.

Ads
sogeou

Post#12 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:32 pm

KissShot wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:41 pm
sogeou wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:20 pm If you are doing each spec you should make sure to include dps test as it is helpful for people to know what results they can see.

https://youtu.be/N1gY0fqShX0?t=414 As seen here at the end.

Click here to watch on YouTube
DPS tests don't add value in the advent of damage absorb, parry, armor, etc. And, practice dummies have limited real time use. I judge my use on outcomes in competitive, cities, roaming,

DPS test 100% give you a base to put your results on. Is high crit build better than high bonus damage build, or is Sov really higher dps than warlord? What is really BiS. Is slow weapon speed / higher dps weapon better than faster weapon speed. Kinda hard to say X spec is the highest burst or most damage when you don't know what that is. Curious to know what your DPS is in your highest damage spec, along with gear you feel is strongest.

Atropik

Post#13 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:17 am

Ive tried this roam, works nice.
RoR.builders - Witch Elf
Nicelook | Obey

Rekoom

Post#14 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:22 am

Thanks for coming up with these videos, really looking forward to more, especially ones that deal with gameplay in Cities & ranked. I'm especially interested to learn about WE niche and why take one instead of another Choppa for example.

Just got my WE to 40/50, 3 Conq and 6 Beastlord is what I'm going for atm as I'm planning to use that until I can get full Vanq. What would you spec with that? WB? Offensive talis/renown or defensive? Would you farm pve as well or is Bloodlord not seeing much use? Should I go Onslaught now if I have the chance?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

EDIT: I meant 6 Beastlord, not 5 indeed, thanks Sinisterror
Last edited by Rekoom on Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rekoom - 80+ BO

Sinisterror

Post#15 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:19 am

Rekoom wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:22 am Thanks for coming up with these videos, really looking forward to more, especially ones that deal with gameplay in Cities & ranked. I'm especially interested to learn about WE niche and why take one instead of another Choppa for example.

Just got my WE to 40/50, 3 Conq and 5 Beastlord is what I'm going for atm as I'm planning to use that until I can get full Vanq. What would you spec with that? WB? Offensive talis/renown or defensive? Would you farm pve as well or is Bloodlord not seeing much use? Should I go Onslaught now if I have the chance?

Why not use 6 beastlord and conqueror boots belt and gloves ? 6 piece beastlord is good getting extra finisher when being hit rules. Always 4 onslaught is possible and sentinel jewelry + helm goes great with that and bloodlord wpn 5 % dmg mainhand and armour debuff proc offhand.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Krima

Post#16 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:24 pm

Rekoom wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:22 am Thanks for coming up with these videos, really looking forward to more, especially ones that deal with gameplay in Cities & ranked. I'm especially interested to learn about WE niche and why take one instead of another Choppa for example.

Just got my WE to 40/50, 3 Conq and 6 Beastlord is what I'm going for atm as I'm planning to use that until I can get full Vanq. What would you spec with that? WB? Offensive talis/renown or defensive? Would you farm pve as well or is Bloodlord not seeing much use? Should I go Onslaught now if I have the chance?

RoR.builders - Witch Elf

All STR talis..Renown into Parry first > crit > str

Thats what I would use with low gear and rr..

At the moment im seeing 6 viable builds for WE.. all of them can work if you know how to play properly.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

KissShot

Post#17 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:04 pm

Krima wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:24 pm

RoR.builders - Witch Elf

All STR talis..Renown into Parry first > crit > str

Thats what I would use with low gear and rr..

At the moment im seeing 6 viable builds for WE.. all of them can work if you know how to play properly.
The general renown progression for a WE is crit% >>> str >> parry/anything else. And, strength only comes into play if you can't hit your soft cap without it. So, if you are at your str cap, it's crit% >>> parry/wounds/weaponskill/dodge,etc. I still think low gear WEs should maintain high crit% as almost all builds rely on 50% crit dmg tactic. By low gear, I mean vanq+. I won't cover any builds less than that as they aren't really worth talking about.

This is a fairly agreed upon approach and I'll cover why in some upcoming videos.

Rumpel

Post#18 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:24 pm

I don't manage getting high crit because I need so much points for anticrit.

Got only 23% now. Some advices here?

Everyone says mix up sets for str but that's also a high crit lost.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Ads
KissShot

Post#19 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:51 pm

Rumpel wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:24 pm I don't manage getting high crit because I need so much points for anticrit.

Got only 23% now. Some advices here?

Everyone says mix up sets for str but that's also a high crit lost.
I'll make a proper armor and renown build guide this weekend I think. Until then, you can watch the first bit of this stream to see some theory crafting and my current build for Witchbrew.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/735467388

Rekoom

Post#20 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:00 am

I'm thinking of slotting strength talis but going defensive renown (currently 3/4 dodge/disrupt/parry/FS) and Witchbrew since it doesn't scale with strength. I also wouldn't take increased pain and go with a defensive tactic. Probably Kiss of Doom paired with MoM and Sacrifices Rewarded, last one probable the +25% damage on finishers tactic.

I'd do that because I'm not really sure what is a WE role in the lakes in a WB beyond ganking at postern and clearing oil room and you need a little bit of survivability to do these things.

You said you would t cover anything below Vanq gear which is faire enough but I'm really curious to know what you feel is the best use of a WE in a WB.

And thanks for the vids & the stream, always good to learn more on this weird role/class!
Rekoom - 80+ BO