Recent Topics

Ads

Made a 3D Model of a Squig

Fan art? Some amazing artists in here.
RvR Videos? 6v6 fights? Show off your skills!
Looking to stream the game? We encourage it!
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Torchman220

Made a 3D Model of a Squig

Post#1 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:45 pm

I made a pretty cool 3D model of a squig after playing this game because I enjoyed the design of the "basic" squigs. Took me about 2 weeks because I'm a lazy ass, and I never actually finish my models I make. I'm pretty proud of my first finished one, so check out some renders if you'd like: http://imgur.com/a/QwlSg

Ads
Garner

Re: Made a 3D Model of a Squig

Post#2 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:51 am

Nice work! :D

xanderous

Post#3 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:25 am

Reminds me of the bomb monsters from final fantasy
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Torchman220

Post#4 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:58 am

Garner wrote:Nice work! :D
Thanks, brotha

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#5 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:43 pm

That's pretty cool! it looks like he's actually low-poly enough to be a production model (well, in a more modern game engine anyway), nicely done. Any idea what the poly count is? Always fun to see how low you can go and still have a good looking model. Great work!

Torchman220

Post#6 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:07 pm

CegeePegee wrote:That's pretty cool! it looks like he's actually low-poly enough to be a production model (well, in a more modern game engine anyway), nicely done. Any idea what the poly count is? Always fun to see how low you can go and still have a good looking model. Great work!
The polycount is roughly 2.8M. Reason being is I used the mesh itself to create texture because I'm terrible at 2D art (painted the colors directly onto the model). And thank you

Grolar

Post#7 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:50 pm

Nice model Torchman. How long it take to model and what program did you model it in?
If you haven't tried it, you should try 3d coat. Its a great tool to paint models in a lot of Blizzard artist use it. I also love Substance painter and Quixel suite for more realistic stuff.
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

Torchman220

Post#8 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:06 pm

Grolar wrote:Nice model Torchman. How long it take to model and what program did you model it in?
If you haven't tried it, you should try 3d coat. Its a great tool to paint models in a lot of Blizzard artist use it. I also love Substance painter and Quixel suite for more realistic stuff.
It took me about 2 weeks to complete from start to finish, but I've spent around 12 hours (I think) making it in Zbrush. Thanks for the advice; detailed paint is pretty difficult in Zbrush, and using a mouse doesn't help lol

Ads