Recent Topics

Ads

Postponed Warhammer game

Fan art? Some amazing artists in here.
RvR Videos? 6v6 fights? Show off your skills!
Looking to stream the game? We encourage it!
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
megadeath

Re: Postponed Warhammer game

Post#31 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:42 am

kweedko wrote:
sotora wrote:
Sigimund wrote:
Wat
What megadeath said. WH occasionally tries to posture to have some science behind it, with techno-talk and trying to be serious at times. Kinda like Star Trek.

SW is just tudutidudu heroic adventure of saving the world, pricesses in distress, knights fighting, etc Like all heroic fantasy novels.
Oh my, SW universe not only about jedi and force, lots of the games about SW slightly touch jedi theme like battlefront, or x-wing vs tie fighter series, and even force in this universe it's just symbiosis with bacterias. If we drop out jedi stuff form SW it still stay huge and detailed.
Star Wars is a Space Opera and in now way sci-fi. Deal with it.
"I came, I saw, I ran away"
- Every order player ever

"My RvR experience improved by 100% after I spent 50 renown points in Improved Flee and Cleansing Wind!"
- Average order player

Ads
kweedko

Post#32 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:06 pm

megadeath wrote: Star Wars is a Space Opera and in now way sci-fi. Deal with it.
WH 40000 is Space Opera and in now way sci-fi. Deal with it.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#33 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:11 pm

40k is just as much a space opera/space fantasy as Star Wars. I mean, Star Wars is dumb and 40k is awesome, but let's not pretend 40k is like hard sci-fi compared to SW. Both are basically knights in space with guns.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

megadeath

Post#34 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:25 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:40k is just as much a space opera/space fantasy as Star Wars. I mean, Star Wars is dumb and 40k is awesome, but let's not pretend 40k is like hard sci-fi compared to SW. Both are basically knights in space with guns.
WH40K is actually Science Fantasy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_fantasy
"I came, I saw, I ran away"
- Every order player ever

"My RvR experience improved by 100% after I spent 50 renown points in Improved Flee and Cleansing Wind!"
- Average order player

JosianaValkyrja

Post#35 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:02 pm

sotora wrote:I think biggest problem is to make enjoyable combat in modern times/sc-fi MMORPGs as they obviously tend to be very range heavy for obvious reasons.

btw - I just realized that EC already released. Well yeah, not something that I am interested in, no wonder I missed it.
Ja does not look so great.. Will really like it if a 40k is released similar to WAR. Even if it is a single player RPG.
Josiana, Warrior Priestess | Fatal
Madeline, rubbish White Lion | Shadows of Divinity