Recent Topics

Ads

GM Bounty on Coronavirus

You are expected to have read and understood the rules and guidelines and behave accordingly.
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: GM Bounty on Coronavirus

Post#21 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:07 am

Iamjustaman wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:47 pm em. banns without warning? o.k. i was wrong, i can delete/rename character, but...heh making more panic.
You think posting on the forums as well is a good idea? Take the ban, don't test our rules, or you will quickly find yourself not welcome here.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Daltaren

Post#22 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:11 am

Spoiler:
War,

I work in healthcare, specifically in an area of remote identification and response of illnesses, and want to ask that you and the dev team take a step to collaborate and rethink this decision. It’s refreshing that you and the team did this with the purpose to make players feel more comfortable, and I think there were only good intentions.

But, we as players cannot ignore what happens in the outside world. The internet’s (and social hubs like WAR) ability to exchange information and promote discussion is one of the most valuable tools in combatting the spread of this virus. A discussion started in Advice chat could lead to someone mentioning how the virus can last up to 3 days outside of a host (factual information). That information could potentially save lives/prevent infection if someone started wiping down their counters because of it. A chat started by even a troll could lead to information being shared about tips for learning how to manage the body’s natural response to an itch near or around the face (another way to prevent spread).

To your point, there absolutely will be trolls and there will be hurt feelings, but hurt feelings should not be weighed more heavily than the potential for spreading life saving information. Please, punish the players with inappropriate names and those who are causing real pain to affected players, but rethink your blanket ban over the discussion of the virus.

The spread of information is one of our most vital tools in fighting this infection, and banning open discussion about it may end up doing more harm than good.
This will not be a platform for such discussions. Finding somewhere else to do it really isn't that hard.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#23 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:29 am

The only reason I've left this post unlocked was to give it some room to breathe.

This isn't a discussion about whether or not the policy should or will exist. This is a WARNING that the policy DOES exist. If you find yourself suddenly kicked from the server and end up here where the big warning exists, it really does you no favors to complain.

We're not using the game as a place to continue this discussion. Nor are we using the forums/discord. If you need to talk to someone about it, do it elsewhere. There are plenty of alternatives.

V1re

Post#24 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:01 am

Really great respect and thanks for the time writing this news !
This text got great grace and also rightgous hammer-justice :)

@Grock, the problem often is today, that many think they are well guarded behind their internet anonymus shield that they can sh1t-talk as fu@#!
-> it's good that they are consequences here !

@Lectriconin hey my apology for the temp work lost. Fingers crossed for you for an better time soon. I don't think that any want any harm here for you, just talk with an GM and for sure you will find an solution

@Coronasaurus, there is for sure an easy way for editing your account
VIREPALADIN
~ Where there’s smoke there’s fire ~
~ Sie werden vom Feuer geheilicht werden - Strygwyr, DotA ~

prestodotexe

Post#25 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:23 am

how do I change my characters name in game? I couldnt figure it out
Hail King Kazador of Karak Azul! Great dragon slayer!

prestodotexe

Post#26 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:26 am

Ah nvm i logged i figured it out thank you all! everyone stay safe out there!
Hail King Kazador of Karak Azul! Great dragon slayer!

Flycan

Post#27 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:08 am

I like the philosophy, i had a political name and i got barraged by people telling me "its cute i came from lazy peon's " video, now i know the predictable thing to say is oh i played back in 2008 Well i did i was terrible but i did, i swear? lmao idk how to explain further, nonetheless rambling aside, i appreciate this game, and i wont be shocked if an article spikes up saying this game actually added XP weekends to endorse inhouse activity in an epidemic!

Long story short! is it worth to play a 2h chosen or should i stick to SNB? and hope u all stay safe!

brunishka

Post#28 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:13 am

If u interest i can added the russian version of this post(without last part):
Это не шутка. Мы не считаем продолжающуюся эпидемию забавной и мы закрываем дискуссию по этой теме, поскольку, люди, похоже, не способны воспринимать это всерьёз.

Коронавирус COVID-19 был признан Всемирной Организации Здравоохранения пандемией.

Страны по всему миру подвергаются серьезному риску этого, крайне заразного, вируса, и правительства предпринимают крайние меры для ограничения его распространения.

Таким образом, мы не собираемся терпеть имена персонажей, домогательства или даже случайные обсуждения этого в игре или на форумах.
ГМ-ы были проинструктированы разбираться с игроками, нарушающими эту специфическую политику, вплоть до 5-дневного бана для первого раза. Те же игроки, что продолжат нарушить правила, усугубят последующие меры.

Опять же, это не шутка, и мы воспринимаем это крайне серьёзно.

Пожалуйста, сообщайте о любом таком поведении игроков, щелкая правой кнопкой мыши сообщение в чате или через меню "Справка" в игре.

Для игроков, желающих просто насладиться игрой, дальнейшее к прочтению не обязательно.
Для игроков, которые хотят нарушить эту политику, мы настоятельно рекомендуем вам изучить написанное далее.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#29 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:19 am

brunishka wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:13 am If u interest i can added the russian version of this post(without last part):
Added, thank you.

CzarRedwall

Post#30 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:07 am

Extreme but you da boss