Recent Topics

Ads

Resolution too big?

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
D3kuSkrub

Resolution too big?

Post#1 » Tue May 17, 2022 3:06 pm

Hey there I have a strange issue here, my monitor caps at 1600x900 and the other monitor caps at 1400x900 *they were hand me downs and I see no real point in replacing them yet* but when I run the game it jumps to 1920x1080 which leads me to an error "mode not supported" on my monitor, I have tried alt+enter and F11 but they do not work. Any help is appreciated thank you!

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Re: Resolution too big?

Post#2 » Tue May 17, 2022 3:22 pm

You can manually change the current resolution within the config file that's in the game directory.

Go to the following location within the game folder: Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\user

Right click on the file UserSettings.xml and select "Edit", open it in Notepad/Wordpad.

Look/Search for the section similar to:

Code: Select all

<Graphics>
        <Mode window_frame="false" fullscreen="false" />
        <FullScreen width="3440" height="1440" bitdepth="32" />
        <Windowed width="3440" height="1440" bitdepth="32" />
        <Color brightness_boost="0.000" monitor_gamma="2.000" />
    </Graphics>

It should be near the start of the xml file. If you wish to run it in fullscreen, see the value for fullscreen="True", or "False" if you want it in windowed mode.

Depending on which method you want the game displayed, modify the respective resolution values that will be supported by your monitor, then save the file, and you'll be good to go.

If the file or the values don't save, double check that "Read only" isn't enabled on the UserSettings.xml file, by right clicking it > Property, and uncheck "Read only".

D3kuSkrub

Re: Resolution too big?

Post#3 » Tue May 17, 2022 3:30 pm

Elven wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:22 pm You can manually change the current resolution within the config file that's in the game directory.

Go to the following location within the game folder: Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\user

Right click on the file UserSettings.xml and select "Edit", open it in Notepad/Wordpad.

Look/Search for the section similar to:

Code: Select all

<Graphics>
        <Mode window_frame="false" fullscreen="false" />
        <FullScreen width="3440" height="1440" bitdepth="32" />
        <Windowed width="3440" height="1440" bitdepth="32" />
        <Color brightness_boost="0.000" monitor_gamma="2.000" />
    </Graphics>

It should be near the start of the xml file. If you wish to run it in fullscreen, see the value for fullscreen="True", or "False" if you want it in windowed mode.

Depending on which method you want the game displayed, modify the respective resolution values that will be supported by your monitor, then save the file, and you'll be good to go.

If the file or the values don't save, double check that "Read only" isn't enabled on the UserSettings.xml file, by right clicking it > Property, and uncheck "Read only".
thank you that fixed everything!