Recent Topics

Ads

Allso beeing muted for 1 word.

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Nidhuk

Allso beeing muted for 1 word.

Post#1 » Fri May 06, 2022 11:19 pm

Hi,
Been playing ROR for a few years and got a chat ban for using the retarded word and yes just a 1 hour ban so no biggie except its wrong. Merriam-Webster defines retarded as an act that's very stupid or foolish, at least that's the context I am using it in.
Sure you can go ahead and see the chat log Wargrimnir and come back to tell me it's inappropriate, but it is ONLY due to using the word that you take out of context.

If this is the level of profanity not tolerated here we are indeed going down a sketchy path.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Allso beeing muted for 1 word.

Post#2 » Fri May 06, 2022 11:53 pm

Hey. Insulting people is bad.

Don't use words to insult people.

Tried to keep it very simple for you.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Sulorie

Post#3 » Sat May 07, 2022 6:02 pm

Dirtysock wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:51 pm So if I call someone a dimwit? Or a chode? Or anything that might hurt a 30 yr olds feelings because he cant grow up, then you'll be silenced/censored? Lol oooookkkkkk, think you need to put up a list of unacceptable terms/words? Are you from China or something?
You may grow up and refrain from calling other people retard, just because you have some conflict with them.
That's no censoring, as it doesn't stop you from expressing your opinion. You can say the same without using such words. See the mute as some form of education.

Personally I wouldn't think dimwit is that offensive but then again what do you gain from **** talking others? They most likely don't read it anyway and it's not like something changes in a positive way by doing it.
To vent some frustrations you can use either private chat or voice and nobody will bother.
Dying is no option.

Oldpine

Post#4 » Sat May 07, 2022 6:18 pm

You guys are wild, thinking anybody needs or wants your poisonous behavior. IMO if that's the price of a couple more people in RvR, it definitely is not worth it.
Take your childish attitude somewhere else.

Martok

Post#5 » Sat May 07, 2022 7:31 pm

Nidhuk wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:19 pmBeen playing ROR for a few years and got a chat ban for using the retarded word...

Oh for God's sake. And you can't just take your one hour ban and shut the frak up about it? You have to come here and whine? The word you used is considered offensive to many people and has been so identified by those who run this server. Acknowledge the whole world doesn't revolve around you, grow up and let it go.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Sat May 07, 2022 7:52 pm

It's not like using these words wasn't actioned on before and much more harshly by the GM team, now you're just getting an immediate response from an automated bot that not only prevents your toxic behavior from getting into chat, but also times you out for an hour to hopefully give you a little bit of time to think about it.

If you get muted in chat automatically, chances are your behavior would have been risking more serious interaction with a GM. Why anyone would want to complain about a system that is MANY times more more generous about action on this behavior is wild to me. I guess you would just prefer a several day ban from the game than be prevented from dumping your toxicity into chat.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

zgolec

Post#7 » Sat May 07, 2022 11:52 pm

1h mute for calling guild buddy "wanker" while joking around...

Srsly... eh.... Considering most of people are well late for their 18 bday party...

/gosh
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Sulorie

Post#8 » Sun May 08, 2022 12:07 am

zgolec wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:52 pm 1h mute for calling guild buddy "wanker" while joking around...

Srsly... eh.... Considering most of people are well late for their 18 bday party...

/gosh
In public chat? Don't you have guild or group chat? :)
Dying is no option.

Ads
bradbury111

Post#9 » Sun May 08, 2022 11:59 am

I see the point of having an automated system, I was on during easter time with the person spamming the chat before being addressed.

How I addressed that? I reported and ignored any time the person showed up with another character.
Instead of tailoring and making robust a system that is already built-in and working, like making the ignore option account-wise, the solution was, again, restriction.

problems:
xrealming? poll for log locking
warcrest hording? lock gear progression
1 guy spamming chat 1 day? automod chat vs everyone

I have already showed concern about how problems are addressed by restriction, but now I say out loud that this policy is hurting the server.

Whyumadbro

Post#10 » Sun May 08, 2022 12:17 pm

just use disc for shittalk :D