Recent Topics

Ads

Being muted for 1 word

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Bassywassy28

Being muted for 1 word

Post#1 » Wed May 04, 2022 9:40 pm

I just got muted for uttering the word 'retarded' without even it referring to another person, for that I basically got a 1 hour ban from chat. Please fix this.

It is a MEDICAL TERM, and i didn't even throw it at a single person.

Whatever you're trying to keep chat clean, please undo it, it makes this game unplayable. This is my second mute though I'm not a swearing person. I have to re-think every word i use in chat with the potential it ruins an entire evening of play. For some people free time is valuable, to come back after a days hard work, then getting banned for 1 word making this game entirely unplayable? Is this seriously a course you're willing to consider?

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Being muted for 1 word

Post#2 » Wed May 04, 2022 9:47 pm

You do realize we can see the context you've used this word under? It's not appropriate, you should be muted for it, and most of the time you should have further action taken against you for it as well.

If you value your own time, change your vocabulary.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Bassywassy28

Post#3 » Wed May 04, 2022 9:49 pm

Please check it, if you can quote the sentence I used it in and still agree then sure.

Or please tell me if you personally did the mute?

I'm guessing I'm right and it's automated. And to be honest I'm kind to people most of the time, I don't deserve to be threatened? Please double check my chat for this.
Last edited by Bassywassy28 on Wed May 04, 2022 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Wed May 04, 2022 9:51 pm

Yep, checked it. Still not appropriate, nor is it appropriate to use it outside of a medical context, and certainly not in the context you used it. This isn't a medical clinic or a hospital or a mental health institution, it's an online PvP game.

Keep your language in public chat clean and family friendly. Basic TOS. If you want to have more mature chats, do so in private.

Bassywassy28

Post#5 » Wed May 04, 2022 9:55 pm

I can't go against whatever judgement you impose at me at this point. I have no power to do otherwise.

I am willing to say you are really crushing your player population with this. And the fact that you can't repeat to me what I said says enough.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Wed May 04, 2022 9:58 pm

Good. The playerbase needs a hefty boot to keep down all the vile behavior that we take action on. Consider yourself lucky that it's only a 1 hour mute when the automated system catches you. If it were a GM receiving a report like that you would have faced a 24 hour timeout to start, and escalating sanctions for each repeat incident.

You're welcome for our tireless service in making chat a more comfortable and pleasant place to chat.

Toggle

Post#7 » Wed May 04, 2022 10:10 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:58 pm Good. The playerbase needs a hefty boot to keep down all the vile behavior that we take action on. Consider yourself lucky that it's only a 1 hour mute when the automated system catches you. If it were a GM receiving a report like that you would have faced a 24 timeout to start, and escalating sanctions for each repeat incident.

You're welcome for our tireless service in making chat a more comfortable and pleasant place to chat.
Appreciate you guys supporting individuals with disabilities like this. Can we add autism (or any reference to it) and mongoloid to the list of prohibited insults/slurs as well? So sick of seeing these thrown around in the gaming community.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Bassywassy28

Post#8 » Wed May 04, 2022 10:12 pm

Please closed this post for people like him trying to score point's with GM's.

He doesn't even know what was said, and what I was judged for. Either close this post or delete it, I'm fine with both.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Wed May 04, 2022 10:18 pm

Toggle wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:10 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:58 pm Good. The playerbase needs a hefty boot to keep down all the vile behavior that we take action on. Consider yourself lucky that it's only a 1 hour mute when the automated system catches you. If it were a GM receiving a report like that you would have faced a 24 timeout to start, and escalating sanctions for each repeat incident.

Appreciate you guys supporting individuals with disabilities like this. Can we add autism (or any reference to it) and mongoloid to the list of prohibited insults/slurs as well? So sick of seeing these thrown around in the gaming community.
Done. Kind of surprised they weren't included already.

flux

Post#10 » Thu May 05, 2022 3:01 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:18 pm
Toggle wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:10 pm

Done. Kind of surprised they weren't included already.
Thank you very much, it is much appreciated. I am on the spectrum and I often see it used as an insult in general chat.