Recent Topics

Ads

Character-breaking bug

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Tyrodan

Character-breaking bug

Post#1 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:44 pm

Hello everyone,

about a week ago I encountered a character breaking bug with my witch elf Elania when I joined a scenario. My party frames bugged out, I couldn't see anyone on the scenario summary window and was unable to get any exp or renown. After relogging I found my char stuck in a weird state where I'm always dead when logging in, yet can't release. My bags are empty and all my skills, tactics and morale abilities are removed from their hotbars.

I found the according issue on the bugtracker, were other affected players had already reported the bug in detail months ago and added my case. I also reported the issue to Wargrimnir on discord, while my guild master contacted another gm, who couldn help me with the bug.

When the bug initially occured I asked for help in the advice chat and got a whisper from someone who told me his char is literally bugged for months now because of this, making it unable to play that character. Since I'm a software developer myself I get that bug fixing can get really complicated, especially if you have an insidious bug that is hard to reproduce, but at this point I'm really hoping for some communication from the devs side:

Is there a remedy on the way to unfuck the bugged characters at least? Can you possibly create unbugged copies of said characters, so the players can play again and if not, can you at least communicate clearly that you can't fix the chars anytime soon, so people can move on?

Thanks in advance.

Ads
QuickBen

Re: Character-breaking bug

Post#2 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:00 pm

I am having trouble with this bug on one my characters too, I would love to see a fix or workaround for sure. I did add my info to that bugtracker thread also.