Recent Topics

Ads

Character made years ago now has a duplicate name?

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Staros3

Character made years ago now has a duplicate name?

Post#1 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:01 pm

Admittedly I have been quite a bit on and off player of this, but I always came back with my names being fine. (Name is Faros) I looked up things about name resets, or inactive account name resets? But I saw nothing, and I last played maybe a year or so ago? So now I can't log on without having to rename him. Just his name with a bunch of numbers at the end at the character select screen. I guess I'm more curious than anything, and sorry if this is common knowledge... all I remember is if you deleted a character then tried to make a new one with the same name it wouldn't work for awhile. (Which I did not do) I also dont know if this correlates to the not being able to log in issue, but Im not even going to try to log in if I have to rename my character before getting this figured out.

https://imgur.com/65wQ8c3

Thank you!

Ads
Fenris78

Re: Character made years ago now has a duplicate name?

Post#2 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:46 pm

Inactive characters got their name freed after six months to one year, yes.

If you want to keep your names, make sure to log in each of your characters at least once per year (or once per six months, cannot remember).

Lilim
Community Management

Post#3 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:25 pm

Hey,

Names of characters that have not been logged in for more than one year are now free to use.
The old inactive character will be automatically renamed and its owner can pick a new name on next login.
The newly implemented automation will keep releasing new names, from inactive characters, for you to use.

Waaghtastic

Post#4 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:48 am

Lilim wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:25 pm Hey,

Names of characters that have not been logged in for more than one year are now free to use.
The old inactive character will be automatically renamed and its owner can pick a new name on next login.
The newly implemented automation will keep releasing new names, from inactive characters, for you to use.
This feature is really nice and I like it. However for the convenience of players and developers/GMs, could this be somehow displayed/announced within the game client one way or another.
I have around 5 characters but only one main which I play 99% of time and I always forget that this mechanism exists and then I log in with every character to make sure they can keep their names ne once I see posts in the forum like this.

So, could there be some kind of notification when a character is about to get renamed via e.g. automated ingame mail to all characters of this account noticing about this mechanism or (even better but I guess more difficult) on the character screen? Or an e-mail to the user account informing about the affected characters?

Just my thoughts about this. What do you guys think?