Recent Topics

Ads

Does Hold The Line! add to protection score

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
tristess

Does Hold The Line! add to protection score

Post#1 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:26 pm

Hello,

I have a few questions about SnB tanks "Hold The Line!" ability. This ability adds 15 % dodge and disrupt to all allies up to 50 ft behind the tank. This effect can be provided multiple times by several tanks, but only stacks up to 3 times.

1. If I use "Hold The Line!" and an ally behind me dodges an attack, will my protection score (i.e. the number visible in the protection column of the warband scoreboard) increase? If so, by how much?
2. Does the score also increase if my "Hold The Line!" does not add to the stack, i.e. there are already three other tanks using the ability?
3. Do I get contribution towards e.g. bag rolls if an ally behind me dodges or disrupts an attack while I'm using "Hold The Line!"?

Thanks in advance for any answers addressing these questions!
Tristess Sterntaenzer - mother of the dancing star - zealot
Kahzog Rippenbrecher - black orc

Ads
Onigokko0101

Re: Does Hold The Line! add to protection score

Post#2 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:44 pm

Yes
No
Yes
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

tristess

Post#3 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:21 pm

Thank you! Do you have an idea about by how much the protection score increases? I could think of many ways, like using a ratio of the damage avoided by considering the amount of dodge/disrupt with and without HTL. Or maybe the tank simply gets all of the avoided damage added to the protection score. But then the question arises about multiple HTL tanks - do all of them get all the avoided damage added?
Tristess Sterntaenzer - mother of the dancing star - zealot
Kahzog Rippenbrecher - black orc

Rapzel

Post#4 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:45 pm

The protection score is increased by 100% of the avoided damage, to who ever contributed to the amount of avoidance that made the avoidance possible.

Simplified to ignore things as strikethrough and the added raw mitigation from HTL.

On every attack a roll is made between 1-100, this roll is than compared to the defenders avoidance score.
Examples:
One Slayer has a base parry of 20%, a melee attack is made against the slayer and rolls 38
the Slayer is hit and the attacker does damage to the slayer.
Slayer has Oathfriend from an Ironbreaker (IB) who just used Oathguard providing 25% additional parry to the Slayer, same attack is repeated, this time the attack is parried, resulting in the IB gaining all the protection as the attack would not be defended without the buff.
Next attack against the Slayer is made (still with Oathguard) and this attack roll is 14, the Slayer parries (on his own) and there by gets the protection.