Recent Topics

Ads

Crash as soon as i start to move in game

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Leir

Crash as soon as i start to move in game

Post#1 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:10 am

I tried everything I could find in the sticky no no avail. It seems to run fine for 5 seconds and then as soon as I move, the sound gets choppy and the game crashes. My drivers are all updated and the computer easily ran this game years ago. Appreciate any advice you can give thanks.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Crash as soon as i start to move in game

Post#2 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:39 am

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1allES5 ... AL2aA/view
Download this audio pack and put it into your game folder. It might fix your issues.

Nislprim

Post#3 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:33 pm

Bei mir das selbe Problem, lade mir grad diese "audio datei" von SauPreusse runter und werd sie nach NeuInstall austauschen. Häng jetzt schon 2 Tage an diesem beschissenen Problem rumm.

Leir

Post#4 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:43 pm

saupreusse wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:39 am https://drive.google.com/file/d/1allES5 ... AL2aA/view
Download this audio pack and put it into your game folder. It might fix your issues.
What exactly would the folder name be? I've looked all over my hard drive and can find nothing called return of reckoning or warhammer, only whats installed on the desktop?

saupreusse
Developer

Post#5 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:01 am

Leir wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:43 pm
saupreusse wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:39 am https://drive.google.com/file/d/1allES5 ... AL2aA/view
What exactly would the folder name be? I've looked all over my hard drive and can find nothing called return of reckoning or warhammer, only whats installed on the desktop?
Ok stop right here there is something wrong. Il try to do a step by step guide for you:

1) download and install a torrenting app. I recommend the app called "tixati". Just google it and you should find it.

2) download the torrent file from the return of reckoning website and open the file using tixati.

3) tixati will now start the download for the game, it will probably ask you where you want to install it. Do not chose the C/program files directory! Rather create a new folder C/games.

4) the download with tixati ahould take around 45min depending on your connection.

5) once it is done downloading (it will say "seeding" instead of downloading) you must close tixati - even uninstall if you wish to do so, you will not need it anymore.

6) the game folder you just downloaded should now be in the directory you chose earlier.

7)inside is a directX installer which you need to run (warhammer requires directx to be installed before you can play).

8) after you have installed directx you can start the game for the first time. To do this, simply run the RoRLauncher from inside the game folder.

9) the launcher will ask you to enter your login data. It will download the latest patch and after another 10 minutes you should be able to hit the play button. Thats it!

xruptor

Post#6 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:19 pm

As a suggestion btw, I wouldn't install things to your desktop. It could cause your user profile to get corrupted at some point. Just download WAR to a folder on your C:\ drive or something. Create a folder if you have to called "GAMES". Then download stuff in there.

Leir

Post#7 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:06 am

saupreusse wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:01 am
Leir wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:43 pm
Ok stop right here there is something wrong. Il try to do a step by step guide for you:

1) download and install a torrenting app. I recommend the app called "tixati". Just google it and you should find it.

2) download the torrent file from the return of reckoning website and open the file using tixati.

3) tixati will now start the download for the game, it will probably ask you where you want to install it. Do not chose the C/program files directory! Rather create a new folder C/games.

4) the download with tixati ahould take around 45min depending on your connection.

5) once it is done downloading (it will say "seeding" instead of downloading) you must close tixati - even uninstall if you wish to do so, you will not need it anymore.

6) the game folder you just downloaded should now be in the directory you chose earlier.

7)inside is a directX installer which you need to run (warhammer requires directx to be installed before you can play).

8) after you have installed directx you can start the game for the first time. To do this, simply run the RoRLauncher from inside the game folder.

9) the launcher will ask you to enter your login data. It will download the latest patch and after another 10 minutes you should be able to hit the play button. Thats it!
I don't normally install to my desktop I had a folder for it but due to the large file for patching it took me days I won't leave it on when at work but I let it download using a torrent while i slept, maybe between sessions it somehow was changed.I already have it installed and have been in game it just crashes, that's why i was wanting to know the name of the file to look for. Already ran the directx and everything you mentioned just not sure where to find it since everything seems to have ended up on desktop under onedrive somehow.

Leir

Post#8 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:30 pm

Ok it's up and running right ( so far) Seems that demon One Drive swallowed it again lol. Just left it where it was and put the sound patch in there seems to have done the trick, thanks!

Ads