Recent Topics

Ads

Anyone can tell me more about ReturnofReckoning ?

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Tabelrel

Re: Anyone can tell me more about ReturnofReckoning ?

Post#11 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:57 pm

Played on live, tried this in 2014 when they resurrected it, but really got into this over the last 12 months and having a blast. There are more polished, especially graphically, games out there. I tried a load after AOR ended in 2013 but Warhammer has an in-game community and a certain something I've never been able to put my finger on that makes it special and sets it apart. Don't know what it is and maybe best not to over analyse it but after playing it for a while you will get it.

On toxicity/dev run ins never had an issue. If you just play the game, don't be racist, sexist, create stupidly offensive character names, decide you must gob off in in-game chat etc then you will never have an issue. The ToS is pretty clear and not particularly onerous to abide by, just play the game and enjoy it for what it is then no issues i'm sure.

Progression is linked to gearing/levelling character and renown levels so its not a level playing field but I have no problem with more effort you put in better you potentially become, although skill does come into play of course. Levelled a few alts and its not particualrly hard to get them up to a decently competitive level in a few weeks. They won't be the best but decent enough to compete, especially if you group up in Warbands or guild parties. Also if you are sub 40, when in the rvr lakes you are bolstered to a level 48 character and while not geared your stats are boosted, so the game gives you a certain amount of hand holding to start off with,If you want instant equal playing field then no but I personally enjoy the progression. That said, apart from the rvr lakes, which are kind of the open world rvr areas, you can also do 24,12,6 man instanced pvp scenarios. Levels 1-39 have their own instancing so you won;t meet the uber geared players in there and a good way to learn and perfect your skills. There is a 6 man ranked scenario that is for the try hards :) but that is really a high end thing.

Population is good and goes up and down. EU primetime and weekends are the most popular and also depends on events occuring but you will always get a good fight.

Questing, handy for leveling your character level a bit but mostly 90% the time i've levelled them via pvp. There are 2 levelling mechanics in this game, character (1-40) for your core abilities and renown level (1-80) purely from pvp and add extra abilities above your character level. These are really used to let you build your character in a specific way.

I would just say defintely give it ago, its free so nothing to lose. If you want more info before jumping in LazyPeon did a good review on youtube and this weekend is the Twitchdrop event. |Zarbix,WarMaunz,Sweetumz, FixxerTv,ZappyTapp,Gravord are all good streamers to watch to get a feel for the action.
Tabelrel Witch Elf rr84
Alixr Sorc rr86
Artful Dodger Zealot rr30xx
Kerang Blorc rr30xx

"She turned me into a Newt...but i got better”

Da Fat Squigs 2012 - 2021
Ard Az Nailz\Greenpeace Alliance (Eltharion) 2008 - 2010

Ads
dwar

Post#12 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:51 pm

Arziak wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:48 am.....
In my opinion developers are truly bad too, game is full of bugg constantly and they only buff-nerf what they and their friends likes. The comunnity its pretty toxic in general.
Gms on forums and ingame trully bad too, 0 education and always with bad modals.
This is ofc my opinion.
If you want to try it yoy are gonna get fun, but in my opinion its not worth overall.
Endgame content its pretty boring too.

Warned for that - read the ToS
You sure took your time to write this down.. you care much more than i do and i enjoy playing the game. I pity you! sincerely!
But you do make the best of it.. enjoying not to enjoy and even waste your time to tell people! Wierd but admirable... I couldn't do that, since i value my time spent and disencouraging people off a free to play mmo alpha from 2008 really is a feat to take on. Good luck!

dwar

Post#13 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:58 pm

Sanjay852 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:33 am I see alot recommand here about Return of Reckoning i never really play Warhammer Online anyone can tell me more about this server

I really like Open World PVP ( Lineage 2 c4-c6 is my favourite ) is this game pure PVP or also have PVE like dungeons /raids or how do you get gear ?

is gear matter at PVP ?

how long till max lvl ?

How is Population ?

do quest matter ? i hate questing
What keeps you from downloading and trying it.. checkout twitch or yt vids for impressions.. This forum is biased either way. Make up your on opinion :)
You propably will not stay for the pve, if you stay...