Recent Topics

Ads

Lockout not avoidable anymore?

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Boursk

Lockout not avoidable anymore?

Post#1 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:13 pm

Used to be able to bypass the lockout using VPN but it seems it doesn't work anymore?

I like being able to switch on the fly when I see people on the other side that I like playing with, not for zone flips or any of that ****.

I know it's in place to prevent "some" people to get easy rewards, but when I can't play with whomever I choose at any time I want I find that very freedom depriving.
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Lockout not avoidable anymore?

Post#2 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:18 pm

So, the lockout is working as intended - and people who are trying to circumvent measures in place to help reduce cross-realming are upset they can't bypass it.

Interesting.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Boursk

Post#3 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:26 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:18 pm So, the lockout is working as intended - and people who are trying to circumvent measures in place to help reduce cross-realming are upset they can't bypass it.

Interesting.
Not upset but definetly disappointing, just wanted to confirm it is all here.

I'll just ask some of my friends who still play this game how they do it since I haven't played in 4 month's.

If there is a will there is always a way :)

Kaelang

Post#4 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:28 pm

Boursk wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:26 pm
Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:18 pm So, the lockout is working as intended - and people who are trying to circumvent measures in place to help reduce cross-realming are upset they can't bypass it.

Interesting.

I'll just ask some of my friends who still play this game how they do it since I haven't played in 4 month's.

Actively finding ways to bypass feature we’ve put in place to help keep the faction balance healthy in critical moments probably isn’t the best way.

It’s only 90 minutes.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Boursk

Post#5 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:33 pm

Noted.

My question was answered, you can delete this thread now if you so wish.

Glorian

Post#6 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:59 pm

Nah, it is allways gold to keep up a thread saying:
"I am a xrealmer, I can't xrealm at the moment, please help me." :lol:

Arbich
Suspended

Post#7 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:07 pm

Glorian wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:59 pm Nah, it is allways gold to keep up a thread saying:
"I am a xrealmer, I can't xrealm at the moment, please help me." :lol:
There are different reasons than only so called "xrealming" (=joining the winning side) for trying to avoid the lockout when switching sides.
If the lockout really helped with the suspected "xrealming-problem" fine, but claiming that everyone who dislikes the lockout only does so cause it prevents him from "xrealming" (in the "join the winning side" sense) is stupid.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Starx

Post#8 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:11 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:28 pm
Boursk wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:26 pm

Interesting.

Actively finding ways to bypass feature we’ve put in place to help keep the faction balance healthy in critical moments probably isn’t the best way.

It’s only 90 minutes.
The staff already solved the problem of X-Realming with personal loot based on contribution, and indistinguishable rewards for winning/losing RvR Zones. Lockouts prevent people who actually like good fights from swapping sides to play for AAO. Attacking in this game is absolutely horrible and boring, you get WAY more renown on the underpopulated side due to a whole host of factors besides the obvious AAO advantage. Like actually being able to find ppl to fight, being able to farm ppl from keep walls and choke points, being able to use AoE cannons to absurd effect (leveled WE from lvl 16-73 in less than 2 weeks w// double renown event with only AoE cannons) The fact that scenarios probably are popping way faster for you as well...

The only thing attacking is good for is AFKing inside pug warbands while your watch videos and collecting the keep tick after an hour bc you cant actually be bothered to play the game but want to get some progress on an alt. I cant even fathom actively playing the game on attack/overpop side and having fun.

As for OP there's no way around it, I play in a 6 man guild that used VPN's to swap around to farm AAO on losing side and thats over. We have to play destro no matter what when city is close, because of how character progression works now and most of us just city log if destro is pushing bc theres no good fights otherwise. You cant afford to be lockedout of destro when you have been farming city on a character for 2 months and only need a few more pieces of sov. Sure you could do city on order, but really does anyone want to put 10-15 royals on a character that doesn't even have a single piece of sov yet... some of us would like to actually finish a set this year lol.

Ads
madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#9 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:26 pm

What a joke complaining about not being able to circumvent the lockout. You xrealmer are garbage youre lockout should be a permanent ban you ruin the game by switching sides when you start to lose and endzone causing an extended stalemate. No fort, no cities and no rewards. Lockout should be a lot longer 8 to 12 hours and should be a ban on using vpns to stop this toxic behaviour/