Recent Topics

Ads

Matchmaking...

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Cebro

Matchmaking...

Post#1 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:12 pm

Can someone answer me why is this even possible?
4 matches in row... This one we got at-least 2 healers

Ads
Hypernia

Re: Matchmaking...

Post#2 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:33 pm

Mid-tier SCs don't have matchmaking because there aren't enough people for pops. So it just means destro had lots of healers queuing up. Nothing to say, this is the way the game is meant to work.

Sulorie

Post#3 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:30 pm

Cebro wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:12 pm Can someone answer me why is this even possible?
No offense but no matter how many healers your side had, your teams DD were significantly worse than the enemy team. 2 heals more wouldn't have made a difference in sc outcome.
Dying is no option.

Blasio

Post#4 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:51 pm

I would really love to see the psychology behind the fact why is this almost constant healer overflow on Destro side.
Someone pictured the tank situation quite right somewhere in the forums: Destro tanks are more menacing, and a tipical gamer wants to be as big and bad in game as he never will be in real life. (no offense I play it either).
But healers? I give it that a zealot is cooler than a RP with its stupid caps. But WPs are cool and archmages while not funny as a shaman but definitely looks better than a stinky git..
Oh well my mind is just wandering.

Cebro

Post#5 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:59 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:30 pm
Cebro wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:12 pm Can someone answer me why is this even possible?
No offense but no matter how many healers your side had, your teams DD were significantly worse than the enemy team. 2 heals more wouldn't have made a difference in sc outcome.
They worse cuz after seeing the amount of healers on destro side they just didn't even attempt to go on the points. We were simply sitting on our spawn. And as i said earlier this is 4th match in row with such destro team.

adamthelc

Post#6 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:44 pm

This is a nonsense topic. sometimes groups arent even, it goes both ways. If you dont believe that your sample size is too small or the issue is confirmation bias.

zachary

Post#7 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:58 pm

adamthelc wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:44 pm This is a nonsense topic. sometimes groups arent even, it goes both ways. If you dont believe that your sample size is too small or the issue is confirmation bias.
Really? You have data? Or are you just making unbacked assertions?
Xand*r*nius is still trying to Learn To Play

adamthelc

Post#8 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:44 am

zachary wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:58 pm
adamthelc wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:44 pm This is a nonsense topic. sometimes groups arent even, it goes both ways. If you dont believe that your sample size is too small or the issue is confirmation bias.
Really? You have data? Or are you just making unbacked assertions?
Waste my time trying to prove something to people that are just going to think whatever they want anyway? Sounds like fun.

You can view my post however you like.

I will say that as I am writting this I am listening to a person in discord complain about how destro never has any healers in scenarios. No BS.

Ads
Ototo

Post#9 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:45 am

Blasio wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:51 pm I would really love to see the psychology behind the fact why is this almost constant healer overflow on Destro side.
Someone pictured the tank situation quite right somewhere in the forums: Destro tanks are more menacing, and a tipical gamer wants to be as big and bad in game as he never will be in real life. (no offense I play it either).
But healers? I give it that a zealot is cooler than a RP with its stupid caps. But WPs are cool and archmages while not funny as a shaman but definitely looks better than a stinky git..
Oh well my mind is just wandering.
As a healer addict, I can tell you that I prefer group compositions with some durability, so I can react and heal, which normally means having tanks that use guards. I enjoy more healing destro than order, by A LOT. Healing order, with so many glass cannons and so few tanks it's another entire level of challenge. I have even been in a situation in order where we were 5 healers for 1 and a half warbands, and there were even less tanks. That zone taking was a preparation for hell; I have never micromanaged so much in this game. In destro it would have been a crap ton of BOs and Chosens.
Spoiler:

Detangler

Post#10 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:49 am

Two of those DoKs were DPS.

Also I love watching one person making unbacked assertions without data about scenario comps and then accusing others of making unbacked assertions without data. Its fun!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable