Recent Topics

Ads

Alt-F4 to avoid dying

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
martholomew

Alt-F4 to avoid dying

Post#1 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:09 pm

Good afternoon

Am I correct in thinking that using alt-f4 or some other quick disconnect to avoid dying is against the rules? I see it happen quite a bit. What is the current policy about it?

Thanks
Magus 40/78

Ads
Aethilmar

Re: Alt-F4 to avoid dying

Post#2 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:53 pm

Technically probably yes. Also never heard of anyone being punished for it.

That said having characters linger for 20s (like they do on regular logout) instead of instantly becoming invulnerable seems like it would solve the issue. Not like network stability has been a problem for a while now (I play from US West Coast by way of disclosure).

Detangler

Post#3 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:25 pm

It could also be people that use the war report to quickly teleport to a different zone. But that requires them to be out of combat.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Glorian

Post#4 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:33 pm

There is some kind of mechanism that you still get counted as killing someone if you hit him earlier. So you do get your RR.

Apart from that it sometimes happen with a way to kill your process or force a disconect.
Make a video and send it a GM. No public shaming. People WERE punished in the past.

kryss

Post#5 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:33 pm

It's a fairly common practice, used by many losers (with big names too, although I won't publicly shame them). When they are about to get smacked, especially 1 on 1, they go poof. You still get the meds and drops however. I've documented many cases and asked GMs to do something about it, but afaik people don't get punished for it. I might start doing the same, so when nobody will kill anybody anymore on this server, somebody will start thinking about fixing this s***t for real.

Sengirv

Post#6 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:59 pm

An eye for an eye will blind us all. And it still counts right? So why would you want to start doing the same? Its just trolling. Unless you want to jump all around the body and /sit command...which then I understand why the Devs arent listening.

Sulorie

Post#7 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:27 pm

Glorian wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:33 pm There is some kind of mechanism that you still get counted as killing someone if you hit him earlier. So you do get your RR.

Apart from that it sometimes happen with a way to kill your process or force a disconect.
Make a video and send it a GM. No public shaming. People WERE punished in the past.
Sadly it isnt working like that. You get no kill rewards at all. maybe it got fixed in the recent times.

Additionally, the last info from Wargrimnir I got was, that it's not punished, we can only make fun of them.
Dying is no option.

Haskr

Post#8 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:10 am

I would say in most cases its just client crashes by accident.

Ads
Ototo

Post#9 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:28 am

Not only. Been playing T1 a couple days. There were a semi-known guild playing twinks in 2/2/2 party. All them except their shammie will disconnect on risk of death or when outnumbered. Not a single time was I able to score a kill in any of them out of the Sham. This is not isolated behaviour, and we have all run in some kind of them. We all know about the Choppa that I'm speaking of, that will alt+f4 even in scenarios to avoid a death, and about that BW too. There are very well known altF4ers, and we all know their names.
Spoiler:

Martok

Post#10 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:35 am

I have seen this implemented many times. And then these same people show up on the forums to talk about how much you suck because you couldn't kill them.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...