Recent Topics

Ads

Repop too fast!

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Ototo

Re: Repop too fast!

Post#21 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:46 pm

Natherul wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:36 pm so the base respawn where its not set in DB for the specific spawn is 50000 + level * 1000 milliseconds.

This is furtehr modified if the creature is a champion, hero or lord.
Could be easily possible to simply add a multiplier to the level or that would be hellish? I meant when I said that is not something I would cry tears for. If it can be done in a couple minutes, good. If not, I'm not even bringing this up again.
Spoiler:

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#22 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:49 pm

Ototo wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:46 pm
Natherul wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:36 pm so the base respawn where its not set in DB for the specific spawn is 50000 + level * 1000 milliseconds.

Could be easily possible to simply add a multiplier to the level or that would be hellish? I meant when I said that is not something I would cry tears for. If it can be done in a couple minutes, good. If not, I'm not even bringing this up again.
As I said when not defined in DB it follows the formula I posted. It would be easy to change however it will have consequences for all respawns not defined. In other words its right now essentially (assuming normal non champ mob) 50 + level seconds respawn. I do not know what the rates were at mythic for respawn.

Bloodlet

Post#23 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:25 pm

So it that to say that as it related to the example I provided above with the spiders it would be 50,000 plus 37 (spider level) so 50,037 multiplied by .001 would mean a respawn of 50.037 seconds? If my understanding is correct, that is way too fast. As I stated in an earlier post above, I linked to a youtube video where it appears to show a respawn closer to 5 minutes for standard mobs in the world. That allows you to reliable tackle camps and caves to get to the quest objectives you need to get to and in my experience makes questing more enjoyable instead of stressful. Thank you for engaging on this by the way Natherul. I hope you can make the changes.

Also to the people who say this isn't a priority. I realize that most people play for the RvR and I enjoy that too but I was also one of those weird people who liked to explore the world of WAR and complete the various quests on the different continents and try and find all the various clickables for the ToK. I am sure I am not alone. Furthermore I don't think this is something that would take a lot of development time to change so you don't have to worry about them having to alter any major balance or content focuses. I simply would like to be able to have the option to reliably explore the world, do the quests and bring the questing experience closer to how it was on live and not the exercise in frustration it is now.
Last edited by Bloodlet on Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#24 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:30 pm

Bloodlet wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:25 pm

So it that to say that as it related to the example I provided above with the spiders it would be 50,000 plus 37 (spider level) so 50,037 multiplied by .001 would mean a respawn of 50.037 seconds? If my understanding is correct, that is way too fast. As I stated in an earlier post above, I linked to a youtube video where it appears to show a respawn closer to 5 minutes for standard mobs in the world. That allows you to reliable tackle camps and caves to get to the quest objectives you need to get to and in my experience makes questing more enjoyable instead of stressful.

Also to the people who say this isn't a priority. I realize that most people play for the RvR and I enjoy that too but I was also one of those weird people who liked to explore the world of WAR and complete the carious quests on the different continents and try and find all the various clickables for the ToK. I am sure I am not alone. Furthermore I don't think this is something that would take a lot of development time to change so you don't have to worry about them having to alter any major balance or content focuses. I simply would like to be able to have the option to reliably explore the world, do the quests and bring the questing experience closer to how it was on live and not the exercise in frustration it is now.
No the timer for the case of a level 37 normal mob would be 37*1000 + 50000 milliseconds = 37+50 seconds = 1 minute and 27 seconds

Bloodlet

Post#25 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:35 pm

Natherul wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:30 pm
Bloodlet wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:25 pm

So it that to say that as it related to the example I provided above with the spiders it would be 50,000 plus 37 (spider level) so 50,037 multiplied by .001 would mean a respawn of 50.037 seconds? If my understanding is correct, that is way too fast. As I stated in an earlier post above, I linked to a youtube video where it appears to show a respawn closer to 5 minutes for standard mobs in the world. That allows you to reliable tackle camps and caves to get to the quest objectives you need to get to and in my experience makes questing more enjoyable instead of stressful.

Also to the people who say this isn't a priority. I realize that most people play for the RvR and I enjoy that too but I was also one of those weird people who liked to explore the world of WAR and complete the carious quests on the different continents and try and find all the various clickables for the ToK. I am sure I am not alone. Furthermore I don't think this is something that would take a lot of development time to change so you don't have to worry about them having to alter any major balance or content focuses. I simply would like to be able to have the option to reliably explore the world, do the quests and bring the questing experience closer to how it was on live and not the exercise in frustration it is now.
No the timer for the case of a level 37 normal mob would be 37*1000 + 50000 milliseconds = 37+50 seconds = 1 minute and 27 seconds
Ok, thanks for the clarification. That is still extremely fast compared to how my memory and other people's memory was of live in this and other threads, and I think that is backed up by the YouTube link I provided (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9leuVzFNAY) which I believe is hard evidence that the current RoR respawn rate is much faster in comparison which in my opinion is not good for PvE questing. Also if you didn't see my edit for my prior post, thank you for engaging and discussing this.

xpander
Community Management

Post#26 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:09 pm

yeah 1 min 27 sec is still too fast, like i said twice or even triple as long would be good at least. I played many areas when i leveled my SH a month back and the respawns were crazy high.
if its easy to change i would vote for 3 times longer, then it should be fast enough still to give some challenge but not crazy fast respawn

for example PQ's and mobs near the Nordland Destruction Warcamp have also crazy fast respawns. so if i calculate those, take lvl8 mob for example, its 58 sec respawn, thats crazy imo.
Sometimes doing quests you can only pull 1 by 1 from the outside, if you go into the group they will keep respawning behind you or close to you, which makes it really hard. I know PvE is not the main focus but yeah if its easy to change then it would be nice.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Gridge

Post#27 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:38 pm

The ridiculously fast respawn rate has been the bane of my pve leveling and epic quests since I started playing this server. I have like 18 40s, I've done a lot of leveling on this server. Epic quests, PQ, regular mob spawns have all been adversely affected by the super fast respawn rate. Double or triple the current respawn rate would be a wonderful quality of life change for everyone. I really appreciate that the devs are discussing this with us.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#28 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:04 pm

I would say that "Epic" quests and PQ's probably shouldn't be something you solo anyway. Adding a single person to a group can make most of the open world PvE content pretty trivial, maybe start with that if soloing is too hard on your class.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Ototo

Post#29 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:35 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:04 pm I would say that "Epic" quests and PQ's probably shouldn't be something you solo anyway. Adding a single person to a group can make most of the open world PvE content pretty trivial, maybe start with that if soloing is too hard on your class.
I have to do that for the 4x shards part of Faith is Madness that the unicorn leads you to, in the south cavern of two that are part of this quest. There are, literally, 2+5+2+1 mobs inside the cave that will respawn in a way that will instantly aggro you, making killing them kinda impossible without extreme luck, specially the big group of 5 that you have to kill to immediately face other 2 or risk the previous 2 respawn on you, and that will immediately be followed up by one or risk the group of 5 to respawn and attack you. Asking for 10 lvl39-40 mob kills fast enough at lvl36, that is the lvl of the weapon, is simply too much. I have failed in this specific step even grouped with another lvl36, granted that both were glass cannons, but still. In the same fashion, this cave is pretty much unusable for normal questing due to the same reason. Can't be quest design to pot shield, flee/run, pot health, use defensive skills, run/flee, r-click fast enough all the 4 shards required, die, sometimes not touching the last of them which has a champion very close, repeat if you failed to touch them all, and all this in a spot where you can't, literally, regen health since the moment you step inside the right branch of the cave.

This is not an isolated case, if you want I can point out some other places where the mob density is so big that is literally impossible to kill them before they respawn again, so advancing in such places is nearly impossible unless that you have way bigger level than the mobs. I can even point you to a couple low lvl30ish spots where you may not survive in a fresh lvl40 character, and even some places at high lvl20ish where a fresh lvl40 glass cannon can die if s/he is not careful enough. That's speaking strictly from my experience, so more exists out there that I have never ventured in.
Spoiler:

xpander
Community Management

Post#30 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:26 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:04 pm I would say that "Epic" quests and PQ's probably shouldn't be something you solo anyway. Adding a single person to a group can make most of the open world PvE content pretty trivial, maybe start with that if soloing is too hard on your class.
Nobody really said that they should be soloable. Champions and Heros are still hard, the problem is that respawns are way way faster than they were on Live.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos