Recent Topics

Ads

Repop too fast!

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Bloodlet

Re: Repop too fast!

Post#51 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:04 pm

Gangan wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:31 pm Sounds like some of your issues are more related to double/multiple spawns of mobs. It's a known problem of the way the game is rebuild.
Maybe try to report those very dense populated areas on the bug-tracker.
I'm not sure if it's possible to see if something is wrong with the spawns in code 😅
Did you read the entire thread out of curiosity? I already saw earlier in this thread that they said there are more spawns that intended due to how the spawner handles mobs that pathed during live. But we also established that the respawn time is much faster (like 3x) when looking at an old YouTube video from live where a guy was showing how to grind on groups of mobs, not to mention knowing it is faster based on our own memories of live. Lowering the respawn rate would lessen the impact of the double/multiple spawns of mobs as you put it.

Ads
Gangan

Post#52 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:55 pm

Bloodlet wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:04 pm
Gangan wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:31 pm Sounds like some of your issues are more related to double/multiple spawns of mobs. It's a known problem of the way the game is rebuild.
Maybe try to report those very dense populated areas on the bug-tracker.
I'm not sure if it's possible to see if something is wrong with the spawns in code 😅
Did you read the entire thread out of curiosity? I already saw earlier in this thread that they said there are more spawns that intended due to how the spawner handles mobs that pathed during live. But we also established that the respawn time is much faster (like 3x) when looking at an old YouTube video from live where a guy was showing how to grind on groups of mobs, not to mention knowing it is faster based on our own memories of live. Lowering the respawn rate would lessen the impact of the double/multiple spawns of mobs as you put it.
I did read the whole thread, and I don't really see a problem in the shorter respawn. I leveled a lot in pve by doing quests, did the epic quests on all my chars and very rarely had trouble. (Killing champs solo for quest was often more challenging^^)
If so, I either asked a guildy to help out or found a way to cheese my way through.
As I said earlier, imo it's the multispawn in some areas that causes those problems.
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

xpander
Community Management

Post#53 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:40 pm

But its not as it was in Live, its at least 3x faster respawn. Quests are still doable on most classes, but its annoying if they keep spawning that fast. It's not about making a game easier, its just to make it less annoying and more closer to how it used to be. Double mob spawns are entirely different topic.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Ototo

Post#54 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:57 pm

Honestly, just 15-30 seconds added to the respawn time, nothing more, would be a world of a difference: The Order PQs in Reikland would allow you to enter them instead of farming influence from the door, destro Saphery would be a very enjoyable experience instead of the pain that it is right now specially around the White Tower, High Pass PQs in either side wouldn't kill a fresh 40 unaware for 3 seconds, etc... and let's not start in the visceral fear that a quest leading into a cave installs in you, specially in Chaos Wastes and Dragonwake. I have been kind of compiling extremely dense mob areas, and the list is nearly endless, BUT I'm still to see one that wouldn't be solved with just 30 seconds at most increase in the respawn.

For the most part the trouble is not the density per-se, but the mobs that you killed respawning and joining the fight with the next group that you are facing, in places where there is not much space to move, like PQs in Avelorn in both sides.
Spoiler:

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#55 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:20 pm

Mild awareness to not walk into a densely packed cave has solved all of my problems. Not all quests are safe. Solo content is not an entitlement. That's just how I feel about things. :)
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

xpander
Community Management

Post#56 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:40 pm

Just watched loads of old Warhammer Online Let's Play videos to see what the actual spawn rates were. Its quite hard to say for sure as they are not always returning to the same spawn places to determine the spawn rates. But from what i gathered. Normal Quests mobs have 3-4 min respawn times, Looking some footage i saw many times where the player killed a mob, then did the other quest stuff in the same area and returning to same spot where the body was without the mob respawned, which was always 2+ minute later. However checking the PQ's at least the ones in the starting area, seems PQ respawn times are bit faster, like 1-2 min. I can link loads of long lets plays if anyone cares, most are with extremely bad quality, but i will try to find a best examples and then do a side by side video with it vs Return of Reckoning... Old content is hard to find though.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

xpander
Community Management

Post#57 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:38 pm

Ok, quick video. Tried to match the Lets play video. Its clear that its at least 2 times as fast, probably even more. Sadly Chaos Guard killed the mob on RoR, but it respawned quite fast again anyway.

Click here to watch on YouTube

the original video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ0vQIyF5kw
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

Bloodlet

Post#58 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:12 pm

We can add the quest "Mending Grimlina" to the list of quests that are impossible to complete due to the respawn rate. This is a normal leveling quest for XP without any item reward and I cannot kill fast enough to get to the top of the tower to speak to the NPC. I tried to suicide run to speak to him but there were so many mobs that I couldn't even click on Darrin Garrikson. I again really wish the rate was in line with live or even closer to live.

Ads