Recent Topics

Ads

FAST Mob Spawns- Intended? In progress?

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

READ THEM THOROUGHLY.


The RoR staff do not apologize for flippant or otherwise objectionable responses made to posters who refused to read the stickies before they made a post. Save our time and yours by reading the stickies first.

Thank you.
User avatar
arthaenos
Posts: 8

FAST Mob Spawns- Intended? In progress?

Post#1 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:45 pm

Hey there,

Ever since i returned to Ror a few months ago, it seems that all the general non PQ mobs spawn really fast. For example: i'm a tank working into a spider cave. i kill two, move on and pull the next two; Once i pull the next two, the previous two spawn right under me in a matter of 25 seconds and kill me.

Is this the intended spawn time of mobs? I see how it benefits players wanting to aoe grind, but can't that just be limited to PQ mobs? I love this game's old school pve and would really love to actually do the quests and such. I feel like many are too broken to accomplish and that's why I am asking.

I would really love to see most non PQ mobs respawn at least after a few minutes. That would greatly enhance the solo pve quality of life.

I love this operation and appreciate your support. Thanks for your consideration :D
-Tom Bomb-da-Hill
<3

Ads
User avatar
JimmyRadiation
Posts: 7

Re: FAST Mob Spawns- Intended? In progress?

Post#2 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:53 pm

Signed - especially as a tank, sometimes I'm in a constant state of fighting mobs that are respawning on top of me. As I have no insight to the development behind this emulator, I offer no suggestions aside from looking into and tuning the timer of respawns?

At any rate, thank you all for your work! I love you all

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 6562
Contact:

Re: FAST Mob Spawns- Intended? In progress?

Post#3 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:00 am

Default spawn time, and I'm pretty sure the minimum, is 60s.

Post video on the bugtracker otherwise.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

User avatar
arthaenos
Posts: 8

Re: FAST Mob Spawns- Intended? In progress?

Post#4 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:45 am

wargrimnir wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:00 am
Default spawn time, and I'm pretty sure the minimum, is 60s.

Post video on the bugtracker otherwise.
thanks for the fast response! does this mean it can be tweaked? do the devs and/or the community want this looked into, if so?
-Tom Bomb-da-Hill
<3

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 6562
Contact:

Re: FAST Mob Spawns- Intended? In progress?

Post#5 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:56 am

arthaenos wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:45 am
wargrimnir wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:00 am
Default spawn time, and I'm pretty sure the minimum, is 60s.

Post video on the bugtracker otherwise.
thanks for the fast response! does this mean it can be tweaked? do the devs and/or the community want this looked into, if so?
Respawn time is set in minutes, not seconds. Default should be 1 minute. If you find things that appear to respawn in 25s I find that highly unlikely and would want to check on that because it seems impossible, but we need proof before putting time into it. Some of the PQ's that have a limited number of mobs to kill in a certain amount of time are set to not respawn at all. This serves two functions, makes it easier to move through a larger PQ, and keeps a group of players from farming a small area of "easier" distributions of mobs where challenge is certainly intended as you go deeper.

Feedback is fine for longer respawns, some places might be able to use it, but it needs to be pretty specific to be useful.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

User avatar
arthaenos
Posts: 8

Re: FAST Mob Spawns- Intended? In progress?

Post#6 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:05 am

wargrimnir wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:56 am
arthaenos wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:45 am
wargrimnir wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:00 am
Default spawn time, and I'm pretty sure the minimum, is 60s.

Post video on the bugtracker otherwise.
thanks for the fast response! does this mean it can be tweaked? do the devs and/or the community want this looked into, if so?
Respawn time is set in minutes, not seconds. Default should be 1 minute. If you find things that appear to respawn in 25s I find that highly unlikely and would want to check on that because it seems impossible, but we need proof before putting time into it. Some of the PQ's that have a limited number of mobs to kill in a certain amount of time are set to not respawn at all. This serves two functions, makes it easier to move through a larger PQ, and keeps a group of players from farming a small area of "easier" distributions of mobs where challenge is certainly intended as you go deeper.

Feedback is fine for longer respawns, some places might be able to use it, but it needs to be pretty specific to be useful.
i was surely exaggerating, i suppose it isn't 25 seconds, but it seems rather fast. if it IS in fact one minute, should it not be closer to four or five minutes respawn? it seems hard to progress into groups of mobs with selective pulling since they respawn so fast.

i suppose i would just love to see the general non PQ mob respawn time to be closer to a few minutes, rather than 1. Seems weird when the world re populates in front of you moments later. It can make questing extremely difficult at times, too.
-Tom Bomb-da-Hill
<3

User avatar
wachlarz
Posts: 432

Re: FAST Mob Spawns- Intended? In progress?

Post#7 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:35 am

Its mmo or singleplayer game, hard to find dps ?

Sulorie
Posts: 4870

Re: FAST Mob Spawns- Intended? In progress?

Post#8 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:42 am

What happens, if you bring more than 1 player to a PQ, I assume PQ's are not meant to be solo'ed, and you kill all mobs within a minute and have to wait several minutes for respawn. I guess that would be very annoying. For proper soloing you need selfheals and average to high damage.
Dying is no option.

Ads
User avatar
wdesu
Posts: 66

Re: FAST Mob Spawns- Intended? In progress?

Post#9 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:57 am

I, too, noticed that RoR respawn rates are 2-3 times faster, but I actually prefer it this way, makes farming mobs more dynamic. Though it can be annoying when you PvE solo in tight places (caves etc).
Some addons I created/modified :: [ 5*: Masonna, Rozhdestvensky, Bordin | 4*: Ethica, Mayqueen, Krita, Gwestiel ] :: Choose free software

User avatar
arthaenos
Posts: 8

Re: FAST Mob Spawns- Intended? In progress?

Post#10 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:48 pm

wachlarz wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:35 am
Its mmo or singleplayer game, hard to find dps ?
lol
-Tom Bomb-da-Hill
<3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Zamna and 6 guests

cron