Recent Topics

Ads

XP Nerf system bugged

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Kzu

XP Nerf system bugged

Post#1 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:11 pm

Hello,

I'm Sparadraa In Game, I'm a Zealot level 24. I'm currently facing a bug with my mates regarding xp nerf system.

Details:

As said above, I'm facing a bug linked to xp nerf system when I'm playing with my mates (a Sorceress and a Marauder).

I was lvl 17 when they were lvl 25 and then we started to bash spots of enemy. We got a xp nerf (which is normal since the gap shouldn't be more than 5 or 7 lvls if I'm not wrong). I farmed a bit on my side to reduce this gap and now they are 28 and me 24 and we still get the XP nerf !!

The bug occurs only when I'm with both of them (their characters I grouped when I was 17). We just made a test If I kill a lvl 27 enemy solo I get 1890xp (unrested), If I group with one of my mates, killing the same enemy, we only get 420xp each (unrested) instead of getting 945xp each (more or less maybe he will get a bit more xp than me since he is higher lvl than me).

If they group both together they have no xp nerf. If I group with one of my mate reroll we do not get xp nerf.

Evidence:

Find hereunder a screenshot I just took when testing.

Additional Information:

We thought that, maybe the system didn't take into account that the lvl gap was now over, and waited for the next server restart. Unfortunately it didn't solve our issue.

Please HELP ME/US :( I don't know what to do .. It's a pain in the ass to XP now, just because we wanted to bash some mobs even with the nerf when I was low lvl.

How to reproduce the bug:

Nothing special. I just need to group with my mats and we get nerfed ...

I hope this is the right section and you would be able to help me. I didn't see any other topic on this subject hope there is a way to solve it.

Thanks for your time,

Sparadraa.

EDIT: My image link seems to be be bugged (I'm not too familliar with forums if someone can help me?)

EDIT YALI : image fixed.

Ads
Lileldys

Re: XP Nerf system bugged

Post#2 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:39 pm

Yeh, I have the same with my guildies lower rank chosen. He was getting 2.4k Exp solo and with me 500exp.

Sad cause you need your friends to get through leveling or else you loose the will quicker than Trump signing trade taxes.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#3 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:40 pm

What is your level?
What is the level of your friend?
How many of you were grouped?
What is the level of NPC you killed?

Kzu

Post#4 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:16 pm

Hello Hargrim, all is in my post, but I'll be glad to answer you

What is your level? --> LvL 24
What is the level of your friend? --> They are LvL 28
How many of you were grouped? --> We are a group of 3 (Me, Heyo and Kurroq)
What is the level of NPC you killed? --> Lvl 27

However we were only 2 for my screenshot (but I have the issue only with my two mates Kurroq and Heyo) with others ppl or their reroll no issue. I think we are stuck in the XP Nerf system with these characters

Hargrim
Developer

Post#5 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:19 pm

Can you give me the amount of XP your 28 rank friend get when he kills NPC rank 27 solo?

Also, how much XP do you get when you kill the same NPC solo?

Kzu

Post#6 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:24 pm

Can you give me the amount of XP your 28 rank friend get when he kills NPC rank 27 solo? --> 3410 rested so I guess 1705 unrested

Also, how much XP do you get when you kill the same NPC solo? --> I get 1890xp solo unrested (cf my screen)

Salsi

Post#7 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:31 pm

Hello,

I'm Heyo in game.
I confirm the nerffed xp bug.

Another example:
Yesterday we groupped two level 28 and had 900+ xp each(on other mobs lvl 28 if I well remember).
When groupped one level 28 and Sparadraa (at lvl 23), we had only 290+ xp(on the same mob we took 900+).

KR,

Salsi,

Kzu

Post#8 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:26 am

Hello Sir Hargrim,

Any news on this topic?

Sparadraa

Ads
Mavella

Post#9 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:54 am

I'm currently leveling my zealot. I found that if you're >3 levels apart your xp takes a hard penalty. I was grouped with a 17 Mara when my zealot was 21 we were killing level 20-21 mobs both getting 400ish xp per kill. I out of group healed him and he was getting 1400ish a pop. Once he dinged 18 and we grouped back up it was about 700ish for the both of use which is to be expected.

If this is how is supposed to work this penalty is totally ludicrous. I can't wrap my head around why there's no bonus to grouping and completing content above your level like in any other mmo in existence. If you want any efficiency you need to solo/duo aoe plow through whatever dense non-PQ related camp you can find thats about 0-5 levels below your actual level with no downtime. It's hard enough finding people to level with at certain times of the day and being pigeon holed by this be within 3 levels or take a 40% xp penalty makes a tedious task even worse.

You could at least make PQs a little more worth it by giving out large XP bonuses for progressing stages/finishing them. Especially if you group up to do ones ranked higher than all group members. If there's any bonuses in place now it's too small to even notice. You guys put all this effort into them and they aren't worth doing unless you want to try for set gear. I'd like do do them but it's not really worth the time investment currently especially if I try and put whatever ramshackle group together I can if their levels aren't all <= 3 we're just shooting ourselves in the foot.

Is the power leveling boogeyman so scary its a better option to hamstring the leveling experience for players across the board? I honestly feel like I'm playing Black Desert Online again except the combat is about 5% as engaging.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#10 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:16 am

I will put the formula here later.