Recent Topics

Ads

RvR Influence from looser ticks not registering in ToK

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Specialpatrol

RvR Influence from looser ticks not registering in ToK

Post#1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:42 pm

For some reason I'm unable to log in to Github (wrong password). I'm also unable to have my password reset (doesn't recognize email-address) and create a new account (email already registered). A bit boggled. So I'll post this bug here instead:

Whenever an opposing side locks a zone, the Influence reward from the looser tick is not being registered in Tome of Knowledge.

I've noticed it happening consistently over the last few days and in different zones (all T4, though). I also know others have similar issues.

Evidence linked here.
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Re: RvR Influence from looser ticks not registering in ToK

Post#2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:59 pm

Can confirm. This has been happening for a while now.

blaqwar

Post#3 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:18 pm

Since there seem to be several different bugs regarding RvR influence your issue might fall under one of the already reported ones.

First make sure that you were in the correct influence area when you received the tick (afaik WCs won't count as being in the RvR area thus you'll only get renown sometimes). - 8955

If you were, make sure it didn't count for the enemy faction, you might be able to do that by unlocking that faction in your ToK (by approaching the enemy WC) and checking under that section if you have any influence built up. - 9027

If none of the above applies then something else is going on which needs to be investigated.

Specialpatrol

Post#4 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:45 pm

blaqwar wrote:#9027

Since there seem to be several different bugs regarding RvR influence your issue might fall under one of the already reported ones.

First make sure that you were in the correct influence area when you received the tick (afaik WCs won't count as being in the RvR area thus you'll only get renown sometimes). - 8955

If you were, make sure it didn't count for the enemy faction, you might be able to do that by unlocking that faction in your ToK (by approaching the enemy WC) and checking under that section if you have any influence built up. - 9027

If none of the above applies then something else is going on which needs to be investigated.
None of those exceptions were the case. On all accounts I have been in the RvR lake and RvR-flagged, when the ticks have come (the supplied screenshots were taken in relative safety of a wc, so as not to get all to easily ganked). As mentioned, I have also had it happen in different T4 zones and on different toons (all with influence bars uncompleted).

I also found one or two bug tracker reports regarding similar issues - but as I was unable to log in and comment on them (see above), and as they furthermore appeared locked over a month ago, I assumed that the issue might have been considered resolved. Hence this post, to stipulate that the problem still exists - or has resurfaced.
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

blaqwar

Post#5 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:11 am

The thing is that it's not a very clear-cut issue, since the causes seem to be different. Did you verify that your influence didn't get counted for the opposing faction?

In some cases the combat log might lie to you when it comes to inf, so it's a good measurement for things working/not working.