Recent Topics

Ads

Unable to log onto specific character

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
DonCarlos

Re: Unable to log onto specific character

Post#11 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:05 am

I have the same problem, and only one of my chars is affected.
Nothing helped so far (reducing quests to < 10, clearing bags, /stuck*2, removing appearances, ...).
Typing /stuck twice while loading worked for me - but only for the particular login.
But its unfornuately no solution, not even a workaround, since the error occurs also when changing zones and /stuck*2 teleports you to the starting area.

Ads
xanderous

Post#12 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:13 am

Yeah for it straight up kicks me back to login screen after the loading page, this is such a massive pain, i really do hope someone official addresses this, as it seems to be an issue that is only affecting some people.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Glorian

Post#13 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:30 am

More in the frame of some days the sparrows in Altdorf sing.

xanderous

Post#14 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:08 pm

Ok so deleting my user and addon file has allowed me to login finally you i need to work out specifically is causing the issue, i did not assume it was an addon conflict as all my other character use the same set up.
Will let you know what i find out.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman

xanderous

Post#15 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:33 pm

So the only way i have been able to log into this specific character is to delete my settings folder and addons, forcing to run from default set up, i can't for the life of me figure out what is going on with this. Any new setup results in me being unable to log into that character again, so i basically can't play now, every other character is fine, still waiting on a response here from someone official, is the character dead to me, should i give up on it?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#16 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:54 pm

Give up after a day? When they told you to wait until the server reboots?

I've been trying to make sure patching is done every Friday at least, sometimes we get more than that. Sometimes we need to reboot because the scenario handler runs into a bug occasionally. Either way, we don't go two weeks between reboots. Who do you think we are? Mythic? :)

You character probably got saved to a bad zone, which is what /stuck /stuck at the loading screen will usually fix. Otherwise a GM needs to know the name of your character so we can set them to a different location manually. You can ask for one in-game.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

monty

Post#17 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:16 am

xanderous wrote:So the only way i have been able to log into this specific character is to delete my settings folder and addons, forcing to run from default set up, i can't for the life of me figure out what is going on with this. Any new setup results in me being unable to log into that character again, so i basically can't play now, every other character is fine, still waiting on a response here from someone official, is the character dead to me, should i give up on it?

I'm now having the same issue :(

xanderous

Post#18 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:39 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Give up after a day? When they told you to wait until the server reboots?

I've been trying to make sure patching is done every Friday at least, sometimes we get more than that. Sometimes we need to reboot because the scenario handler runs into a bug occasionally. Either way, we don't go two weeks between reboots. Who do you think we are? Mythic? :)

You character probably got saved to a bad zone, which is what /stuck /stuck at the loading screen will usually fix. Otherwise a GM needs to know the name of your character so we can set them to a different location manually. You can ask for one in-game.
Hello, I'm not giving up but having no idea when a server restarts kinda makes you think it could be now or way into the future, so my attitude was "oh well i'll give up until whenever the server is restarted" but anyway.

I have already attempted the /stuck twice several times it has ported my character back to starting location but still does not let me get past the loading screen, i was able to logon by removing current settings in the user folder but it would appear the problem creeps up again if i make any alternations to my UI or apply any addons, whilst i was able to get on the character i removed all the quests just in case that was causing the fault but it appears it was not.

I would suspect this was addon conflict related issue if it was not for the fact that the profile is shared amongst all of my characters so they all get the same thing, so i should not be able to log into my other characters but i am with no issue i did send a PM to StormX2 but not had anything back, also tried going online but could not get a response from any GM's on advice channel either.

My characters name is Mormonty he is an IB and is feeling very sad he cannot get to play with all the other dwarfs.

Ads
Grimknivur

Post#19 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:51 pm

Have this problem on my choppa and slayer (someone wants me to stop playing mdps :) ). Leaving guild made it possible to load scenarios again, never crashed while out of guild. Now in guild again and having alot of crashes when loading sc or zones.
Grimz • Ulvur • Azgat • Yxur

xanderous

Post#20 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:59 pm

Grimknivur wrote:Have this problem on my choppa and slayer (someone wants me to stop playing mdps :) ). Leaving guild made it possible to load scenarios again, never crashed while out of guild. Now in guild again and having alot of crashes when loading sc or zones.
I did recently join a guild, i wonder if that would have any effect on it.