Recent Topics

Ads

Reduce Lag, Crashes, Disconects - Complete list of things you can do.

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
abezverkhiy

Re: Reduce Lag, Crashes, Disconects - Complete list of things you can do.

Post#81 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:17 pm

I have had terrible lags in rvr this weekend. Tried every remedy suggested, the thing with virtual page helped the most.

Then someone in /advice suggested to go mouse settings, set mouse trail ON and make trailing minimal. Also helped a bit although lag is not eliminated entirely. At least now only big fights lag, previously all fights lagged.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
Glorian

Post#82 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:44 pm

Tesq did some research on Logonproblems and strange CPU behaviour:

1-FIX for: Stutter, freeze, crash while loading, crash while loading and click on loading screen
2-FIX for: lag while enemy blob fight you / use channeling
3-FIX for cpu multicore bug on old games:
4-FIX for fullscreen erros/ app crash:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

fix 1) it is similar to "4gbpatch" i wrote on forum some years prior since it's about problems regarding xp era games problems. It's not a client bug in strict sense

basically from some week i had an increase chance to get crash when log in or out, /rel and closing the game:
i gave a look at my windows event register and i found error 0x00000005.
Digged a bit regarding old games/xp era and before i found multiple site which point into a nasty memory access error which is what i tried to track from a lot cuz for what i saw on warhamemr dawn of war 1 it had a similar problem but different fix.
It seems windows require most of the program to be write using some windows software criteria and when a program does not behave like windows want, a "background process nuke the application", that process is to make windows protect from harmfull programs such virus etc to what i understand

the name of the background process is called " Data Execution Prevention (DEP)" - under win7(till win 10)

it is possible to selective disable it for 32 bit program such as warhammer (so both war.exe and war64.exe can be added to exeptions) while for 64 bit application you need to use prompt and total disable it on the computer; since i also had show a problem with my amd gpu i currently testing it completly disable on the computer but i had tried and also the simple war.exe exeption and it does work

I can say for sure that the random crash when i was log in-out , do /rel, or closing client are gone for good, so while i reserve for future comment on client performance under zergy fight i can say 100% client is stable now (using the script for no combat log and using the borderless window, i gona try fullscreen from now on) No crash whatsoever ( it even apply the t1 de bolster faster when login into zone as side info..)

windows event handler/register dont give any more application errors now

to reach "DEP" user interface on win 7 pro : controll pannel-> system -> advanced option > "under performance" click on "option" (in win 10 is in a similar spot but im with 7 )

fix 2) it is what you may had experienced in city when is just 24 vs 24 and it is gpu related; to check if you gpu is wrong set up (especially in OC) restart client; when you loging on server martyr square and after conenct you need to observe when the voice " handshaking"happen if it take 2 second or more from handshaking to next voice then your gpu is not workign right with warhammer.
This is also the reason why after previously fix the borderless windowed is stable vs crash meanwhile full screen isn’t. Fullscreen is more all in all more subject to crash if your gpu is not optimized for warhammer.

The first pass is set your gpu to default from the overclock or any modification, then re try log in out if the handshaking take 1 sec or less or you dont see the animation fo the flames not freeze (the more fluid it go the better ) then the gpu is not well sycnro with the client behaviours

after that you need check what is the default/base clock speed and memory clock of the gpu; when that is done you need to progressivly increase em both in % and not see how much you can pump, if the syncro the base value the gpu will lag on warhammer.

NOTE: not all values work, my amd rx 550 bost till 15% work well but after with warhammer it became unstable, it also became unstable on other xp /7 era games such tw attila and DoW 1. (atm is set on 10% cuz seems heat and prolonged session had an impact aswell)

NOTE 2: if default values dont work try to toy with both clock and memory for about 10% of the values (exemple 1500 mhz →1650 mhz) and so on first on clock speed only and test then with memory only and test, when you find the value that dont make the handshaking voice lag you can start boost in %.

NOTE 3: full overclock but freeze on handshaking will work badder then default but with no freeze on handshaking

NOTE 4: auto overclock wont work since it gona push both clock speed and memory speed to the limit and it gona make gpu unstable for warhammer.

NOTE 5: check handshaking short after set manually the gpu values because test after a while will give a false freeze due the gpu being in idle clock so just test every time immediately (no need to freak eh), you can ignore any later freeze while handshaking when log in/out or after a client restart.

fix 3) write in search msconfig and press enter; inside the new tab on startup options click on advanced,
Now manually set the number of core that windows will use to the max value.
Now warhamemr will be assigned to whatever core is free instead being always link to the first one

fix 4)dont use borderless and use screen calibration for set gamma profile, full screen have a lot of problems and with the other fix windowed will perform better than full screen under any measurable values.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

NOTE: all these changes are being tested by me personally over 1 week in which my cpu has been replaced aswell, from an a 6300 to a a4-760k on which i had passed from a 4.ghz with frequency increased frequency (from 100 to 103) into a 4.5 ghz with only increased multipler on cpu with base 100 cpu frequency.

I wrote this additional lines because stability for warhammer is better than raw power and also your gpus need NOT to be too fast than your cpu or it will bottleneck itself and lose some cycle for some ankward reasons.
(what is happening is that cpu will outrun the gpu and make photogram it cant use and freeze/ stutter.

Glorian

Post#83 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:01 am

Above Fix was tested in a city with quite a success.

Hulgore
Suspended

Post#84 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:25 pm

This may help at improving your framerate :

1. Start the game
2. Open the Task Manager on windows
3. Go in the "details" section of the task manager, find "WAR-64.exe" at the end of the list
4. Right click on war-64.exe, and click on "set affinity"
5. Uncheck the "0" box, then press Ok

Alt-tab back into the game and see if your framerate is improved. If it is, you'll have to repeat that process everytime you restart the game.

dwyur

Post#85 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:43 pm

Was going to make a thread to ask this specific question but figured I'd post here since it is related; has anyone figured out exactly what causes the 3 second stutter when in a warband / Keep Lord fighting lag?

I have played since 2020 and have not been able to pinpoint what causes this. You see it on many streamers as well- the same 3 second stutter than occurs in warbands/permanently. But at the same time I watch others and see they do not have any stutter, besides lag during large ORvR or fort fights which there is obviously nothing you can do as it is built into the performance of the game. I feel like at times it has gone away but for some reason comes back and stays. I have re-installed a few times, tried overclocking/all of the suggestions in this thread + the other FPS thread. i found an old thread that directly references this 3 second stutter and some EA mods but when I downloaded these it did seem like the stutter was fixed at first but then my game began crashing way more often.
I recently re-installed and re-did UI fresh with renaming VinyUI presets & then customizing it for what i wanted, and followed all the suggestions, but the 3 second stutter in warbands remained. I do think the CombatLogger command helps but it's just really frustrating to have this constantly. the laptop i play on is definitely newer/higher specs than many players that probably play on so I don't think this is PC specs related in any way.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

Heim0403

Post#86 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:22 pm

Hi everyone!
I should apologizing for ask 'cuse shure that problem was there but I have some trouble with eng and it really hard to serch the solvation

crux of the problem:
I've downloded client with a Turrent after move that in disctop, start Launcher as administer, removed status "read only' and install DX9. Create a charecter but game crashed in start zone without error text but with a some 'bug' sound: screen freezes in 1 sec and game crashed to a Desktop.

May I ask for some advices or ways to solve it one more time? Thank you!

FFNation

Post#87 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:51 pm

Heim0403 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:22 pm Hi everyone!
I should apologizing for ask 'cuse shure that problem was there but I have some trouble with eng and it really hard to serch the solvation

crux of the problem:
I've downloded client with a Turrent after move that in disctop, start Launcher as administer, removed status "read only' and install DX9. Create a charecter but game crashed in start zone without error text but with a some 'bug' sound: screen freezes in 1 sec and game crashed to a Desktop.

Try to download from this site under download game. That's what I did and it's working fine. There's step by step instructions on that page.

DirkDaring

Post#88 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:41 pm

I downloaded Razer Cortex a few days ago, and running that has actually helped a lot with the stutters, lag in big fights. Still need to try it more, but ATM just running that seems to help.

you launch game from desktop as normal no need to launch from Cortex, but you can, and it adjust the pc while playing the game automatically, and restores it to defaults after you log out of the game.

https://www.razer.com/cortex

Ads
Heim0403

Post#89 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:13 am

Hi everyone!

crux of the problem:

Up date:All for using and it works fine, but when playing in the starting one, it observes a bug - a vile "robot" squeak and crashes to the desktop. If I twist the game sound - there is no sound itself, it crashes just like that. I guess there is some kind of fix?

Darkdargor

Post#90 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:22 am

Heim0403 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:13 am Hi everyone!

crux of the problem:

Up date:All for using and it works fine, but when playing in the starting one, it observes a bug - a vile "robot" squeak and crashes to the desktop. If I twist the game sound - there is no sound itself, it crashes just like that. I guess there is some kind of fix?
What OS are you using? CPU? Graphic card? Is your internet connection decent?

Eventually try and reinstall your graphics driver.