New player, can't finish an early quest

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Kamioni

New player, can't finish an early quest

Post#1 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:42 am

I can't turn in the quest "Horrors of War" and I'm not sure what to do next. I'm only level 5, and am not sure what else I could do.

Ads
Blasio

Re: New player, can't finish an early quest

Post#2 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:58 am

Have you done with both of the objectives?

5 covering militiamen and 5 raven marauders?

Sulorie

Post#3 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:56 am

Kamioni wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:42 am I can't turn in the quest "Horrors of War" and I'm not sure what to do next. I'm only level 5, and am not sure what else I could do.
You could do other quests or level up with pvp. It's not critical to miss a quest. ;)
Dying is no option.

Kamioni

Post#4 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:44 pm

Blasio wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:58 am Have you done with both of the objectives?

5 covering militiamen and 5 raven marauders?
Yes, I have. I also tried abandoning the quest and redoing the objectives, relogging, and even doing a few scenarios and trying again after a couple hours, but nothing worked. When I hit the "Complete" button, nothing happens.
Sulorie wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:56 am You could do other quests or level up with pvp. It's not critical to miss a quest. ;)
I would like to move on, but it's a part of the main starting questline, and I feel like I would miss out on a lot of the quests it leads to. I also don't know where to go next. As of right now, I just rolled a new character on the Destruction side instead.

xarax

Post#5 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:57 pm

Kamioni wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:44 pm As of right now, I just rolled a new character on the Destruction side instead.
That is the best approach!
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Ototo

Post#6 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:59 pm

Kamioni wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:42 am I can't turn in the quest "Horrors of War" and I'm not sure what to do next. I'm only level 5, and am not sure what else I could do.
I think that it has something to do with this issue closed 3 days ago: https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/10887

Maybe Lheana can help you more with it?
Spoiler:

Popcornus

Post#7 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:40 pm

Ototo wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:59 pm
Spoiler:
I think that it has something to do with this issue closed 3 days ago: https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/10887

Maybe Lheana can help you more with it?
This quest has received a minor overhaul in one of the last three patches - another type of NPC creeping around in that general area was meant to count towards the quest - I guess some bug snuck in and the kills are only visually credited or a tag got misplaced.

In any case, it's a good opportunity for OP to check the bugtracker and get familar with it, and used to the WIP nature of the project.

But, don't worry OP, most of the PvE bits have been implemented and run-ins with bugs, as unfortunate as they might be, will be far in between.
Contribute to the project by bugtracker'ing any oddities you happen to come across, please.

Sulorie

Post#8 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:16 pm

Kamioni wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:44 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:56 am You could do other quests or level up with pvp. It's not critical to miss a quest. ;)
I would like to move on, but it's a part of the main starting questline, and I feel like I would miss out on a lot of the quests it leads to. I also don't know where to go next. As of right now, I just rolled a new character on the Destruction side instead.
Don't worry, you don't miss anything valuable and it's not like the quest is a requirement for a dozen follow-up quests. In general, I would only do the quests, if you want to experience the lore and read the text. For gameplay and progression you can skip them all if you wish.
Dying is no option.

Ads