Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 03/05/2024

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Alubert

Re: Patch Notes 03/05/2024

Post#31 » Sat May 04, 2024 10:10 pm

It's amazing how differently the same changes can be viewed.
For me, BO (I have 40+ now and only ruin/conq gear) is great.
1 Finally a good ST punt. I know some cry that you have to sacrifice tactics but that's what every tank has except BG/IB.
ST punt is after guard the best tanks skill so it's no sacrifice.
2 Party speed buff + immuns. No one has anything similar in the game. ST sove bonus is much worse with 2 min cd :)
3 Great and underrated RiDJ. Upward toss with interrupetm not giving immuns.
4 Party absorb.
5 25% AA dmg for party
6 WS buff
7 Stealing stats
8 Armor debuff
And many others

and after the last patch great change BO stance to skills like punt/kd
And a Definitely Improved Parry Tact.

I absolutely do not share the cry an about BO
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Ads
aa91837

Post#32 » Sat May 04, 2024 10:48 pm

Alubert wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:10 pm It's amazing how differently the same changes can be viewed.
1 Finally a good ST punt. I know some cry that you have to sacrifice tactics but that's what every tank has except BG/IB.
2 Party speed buff + immuns. No one has anything similar in the game. ST sove bonus is much worse with 2 min cd :)
4 Party absorb.
5 25% AA dmg for party
6 WS buff
7 Stealing stats
8 Armor debuff
And many others

Jack of all trades, master of none :!:
Nobody on the broken noob class

rady

Post#33 » Sun May 05, 2024 6:14 am

Alubert wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:10 pm It's amazing how differently the same changes can be viewed.
4 Party absorb.
5 25% AA dmg for party
6 WS buff
7 Stealing stats
8 Armor debuff
And many others

Would you take your BO over your chosen in wb or small scale?
Ris - 85rr BO
Risx - 83rr SH

Mortgrimm

Post#34 » Sun May 05, 2024 9:31 am

After testing the IB changes live i must say it´s an improvement for the grudge generation.
But it still feels weak and slow. I´m only talking about small scale as getting grudge in a warband was never a problem for me.
I´m not sure that we can sacrifice the second grudge tactic already. Even with high parry it takes too long to get 100 grudge.
The changes for HB (nerf below 75 grudge and buff above) work for me basically.
But after all i´m happy that IB´s finally got some attention.
Mortgrimm - IB - guild leader of Thurisaz
Sayalena - WL - Thurisaz
Thorhammer - WP - Thurisaz

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#35 » Sun May 05, 2024 12:16 pm

Any chance for a hotfix for https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=22654 soon ish?

That is the spammage of chat with errors that was introduced in the patch

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#36 » Sun May 05, 2024 12:20 pm

Natherul wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:16 pm Any chance for a hotfix for https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=22654 soon ish?

That is the spammage of chat with errors that was introduced in the patch
As mentioned in the Bugtracker, Fix is Pending for the issue - should be pushed Live soon.

wonshot

Post#37 » Sun May 05, 2024 12:59 pm

Also its really cool how the patchnotes are now mentioning which forumtopics have resulted in a patch, for once in a long while it actually gives the impression that feedback posts are actually taken serious and not just a venting outlet tool.

As for the proc meta, this meta already happend once on RoR back in roughly 2017 or so. The way it was adressed with restricting the BW/Sorc tactics to not affect groupmembers rather efficiently stopped the proc meta along with some interval changes iirc. Maybe that should just be redone, it was only reappearing after the Abilityrework groundwork patch happend where that 2017 custom patch was rewoked and proc meta could reenter RoR.

Make BW/Sorc tactics affecting their procs not work on teammates, go back to 2020 RoR proc behavior and then you dont have to change every single ability range, frequentcy, ap cost, cooldown and scaling. I mean its cool that casters are back in the meta, but they are still just proc buffers and reliant on procs and tactics themselves over actual ability damage. In city sieges from 2020 - 2024 you would often not see aoe spells hitting harder than the Explosive Force 375morale damage proc + Funnel power + Flames of Rhuin. Only now party members can have some of the procs too and stacked on high interval vehicles spells.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Culexus

Post#38 » Sun May 05, 2024 8:11 pm

Alubert wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:10 pm 1 Finally a good ST punt. I know some cry that you have to sacrifice tactics but that's what every tank has except BG/IB.

The problem with the punt tactic is for all tanks that require it, not just BO/SM. The ability is just a fancy interrupt without the tactic so the tactic becomes mandatory which reduces available tactics slots by 25%. The tactic should be incorporated into the ability itself for all tanks and I've never seen an argument against it other than 'that's the way it's always been done'.

Imagine if guard had a 5ft range on the standard ability, then there was a tactic that increased the range to 30ft. Every tank in the game would have to slot that tactic therefore reducing their available tactic pool to 3 and limiting their build variety. That's exactly the situation with the punt tactic.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Ads
Ruin

Post#39 » Mon May 06, 2024 8:39 am

Hello,
The changes looks interesting, the only think i would ask for, is adding information for skills like - Redirected Force, about the time it remains active. Is it universal across all abilities that activate after effect/defence or does each have its own and what is it.
Ex.: Redirected Force – after Block, Parry, Dodge or Disrupt ability remains active for XX sec.

rrrutsss

Post#40 » Mon May 06, 2024 8:59 am

aa91837 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:48 pm
4 Party absorb.
5 25% AA dmg for party
6 WS buff
7 Stealing stats
8 Armor debuff
And many others

Jack of all trades, master of none :!:
Jack of all trades, master of none ,but still better then master of one.