Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 27/05/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
CyunUnderis

Re: Patch Notes 27/05/2022

Post#21 » Fri May 27, 2022 6:22 pm

Moert wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:00 pm I don't like the ward changes to PvE gear, this server doesn't need more incentives to do PvE and skip PvP. Lowering the cost of PvP gear below Sovereign would have been a better way to reduce power gaps in T4, in my humble opinion.

I predict that many players will just skip PvP sets now, do PvE instead and go straight for Sovereign/BiS gear with their War Crests. It's quicker progression so it will probably be a popular change, is more PvE really what we want though? :/

I am definitely biased against PvE, I'll admit that I don't see any fun in the PvE of this game.
RvR sets are still better for some classes compared to PvE sets (for example Sentinel for DPS) and it will help some classes to skip set that are useless (for example Invader for DPS).

Ads
Haojin

Post#22 » Fri May 27, 2022 6:31 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:44 pm
Scenarios

- Ranked Triumphant Emblem Rewards have been switched to War Crests and all existing Triumphant Emblems are converted to War Crests.

Ward System changes

The PvE and Public Quest set wards have been merged into one unified system with the PvP sets. So now you can unlock each ward with either PvE or PvP sets, and unlock the next tier of armor sets of either type.

Items

Alternate appearance is now allowed if item slot matches, even if not item type matches. So on a chosen you can now use an Axe alternate appearance on a Sword, or on an Ironbreaker use a Hammer alt appearance on an Axe.
Good changes, especially alternate appearance one.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Phantasm

Post#23 » Fri May 27, 2022 6:35 pm

Moert wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:00 pm I don't like the ward changes to PvE gear, this server doesn't need more incentives to do PvE and skip PvP. Lowering the cost of PvP gear below Sovereign would have been a better way to reduce power gaps in T4, in my humble opinion.

I predict that many players will just skip PvP sets now, do PvE instead and go straight for Sovereign/BiS gear with their War Crests. It's quicker progression so it will probably be a popular change, is more PvE really what we want though? :/

I am definitely biased against PvE, I'll admit that I don't see any fun in the PvE of this game.
I think opposite. You still need RR to wear RvR sets, tons of crests. You just got an option to lvlup wards with pve on small scale and at off peak time.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#24 » Fri May 27, 2022 6:54 pm

it's not like people will spend THAT much time in pve now. they'll probably spend more time LFG, but that could change now, since more people are incentived to played pve. you still need a lot of renown for that sov/warlord, so going full-pve untill bloodlord and thus skipping invader makes no sense. you'll just do pve for the gear needed, and spend rest of time in pvp. but at least people will have better gear now, so you sov profesional players will have less canon fodder to farm :)

Dabbart

Post#25 » Fri May 27, 2022 8:24 pm

Awesome changes. Thanks for all the work.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

mybulldozer

Post#26 » Fri May 27, 2022 9:31 pm

I am the only one that cannot slot decimator gear. I get message " need recruit ward" ... 8/13 toon.

Omegus

Post#27 » Fri May 27, 2022 10:41 pm

mybulldozer wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:31 pm I am the only one that cannot slot decimator gear. I get message " need recruit ward" ... 8/13 toon.
It was mentioned on discord that there was a bug with Decimator and wards but it's been fixed internally. Next reboot - whenever that happens - should push it to live server.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

wonshot

Post#28 » Sat May 28, 2022 12:30 am

Is it time to put a, very reduced, limmit on how long Stealthers can be in stealth with the new AP pool increase?
Classes that already can pick their fights based on RoR stealth periode increase, and the ability to turn fights around (parry 100 stacking) along with several avenues to reset the fight if its not going their way, seem a bit too much at the current state of the game.

Can have one, but not the other kinda deal.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Orgruk

Post#29 » Sat May 28, 2022 6:24 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:44 pm
Items

Alternate appearance is now allowed if item slot matches, even if not item type matches. So on a chosen you can now use an Axe alternate appearance on a Sword, or on an Ironbreaker use a Hammer alt appearance on an Axe.
Finally happening !!!! 8-)
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

nat3s

Post#30 » Sat May 28, 2022 7:26 am

Just to clarify, does this mean I no longer have to grind out Redeye in Gunbad to get the ward provided I have the conq ward from rvr? Can go straight to Sent?

That's a fantastic change if so, big QOL improvement. Well done devs!!
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG