Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 18/05/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kenshiken

Re: Patch Notes 18/05/2022

Post#131 » Thu May 19, 2022 6:41 pm

I am in awe about how people completely disregard any constructive feedback and just happy that they don't need to use detaunt or have higher FS/Tough/Wounds to live through timestamps or WE/WH so they completely fine with this patch

Ads
Scottx125

Post#132 » Thu May 19, 2022 7:09 pm

Kenshiken wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:41 pm I am in awe about how people completely disregard any constructive feedback and just happy that they don't need to use detaunt or have higher FS/Tough/Wounds to live through timestamps or WE/WH so they completely fine with this patch
Lol what game have you been playing? Most builds in ORvR are built defensively because the damage is just so high. Even DPS builds tend to run max FS. Healers run on high TOU and WOU as well as Tanks. And timestamping was only a thing because the GCD could be fired off way too early. Imo WAR has never been this super fast action game people are pretending it's meant to be. It's about thinking tactically and building your warband or guild to coordinate their strengths to defeat other warbands. Faster abilities just means fights end much faster and gives less opportunity for making tactical decisions to win a fight.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Akalukz

Post#133 » Thu May 19, 2022 7:18 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:16 pm I love how people say it's become clunky when it's literally .2 of a second increase. Combat was never smooth anyway. Especially with punts and knockdowns etc. Btw, I've noticed you don't even wait for the full 1.5 seconds. I've noticed my abilities casting before the GCD is finished firing off at around 1.3 seconds.
This right here! It would take maybe a day, 2 at the most to get used to it.
-= Agony =-

Vegetaplays
Community Management

Post#134 » Thu May 19, 2022 7:22 pm

If you want it to be like live, then bring pots off gcd again, like it was on live :P. mathematically you cannot argue that the increase makes everything slower. This is already the easiest mmo, no point into making it easier. Should just make it so its back to 1.1 and bring pots back to being off gcd, or have other abilities off gcd like taunt for tanks

Automation

Post#135 » Thu May 19, 2022 8:01 pm

BO is unplayable atm :D

ritual

Post#136 » Thu May 19, 2022 8:38 pm

i dont understand, why did they make these gcd changes , it just makes game experience worse and unpleasant, nothing more.

Scottx125

Post#137 » Thu May 19, 2022 9:12 pm

ritual wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:38 pm i dont understand, why did they make these gcd changes , it just makes game experience worse and unpleasant, nothing more.
You mean make the GCD actually work as it's intended to? Because it was broken (and has been for ages). We were playing with a GCD that wasn't working correctly allowing abilities to fire early. That's why. Bringing it inline with ability descriptions.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

ritual

Post#138 » Thu May 19, 2022 9:38 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:12 pm
ritual wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:38 pm i dont understand, why did they make these gcd changes , it just makes game experience worse and unpleasant, nothing more.
You mean make the GCD actually work as it's intended to? Because it was broken (and has been for ages). We were playing with a GCD that wasn't working correctly allowing abilities to fire early. That's why. Bringing it inline with ability descriptions.
1) what is correct? how it was on on Mythic servers? so we need to remove all class, rvr, gear ballance and other changes because that was "incorrect" and reconstuct official server? lol
2) i dont care "сorrect" it was or not, game was smother and more pleasant with old gcd, most players on this server say it's bad changes.
all your arguments is nonsence

Ads
norealein

Post#139 » Thu May 19, 2022 10:09 pm

If you want things to be like they were on Live - please remove PvP from LOTD, take out Ranked in all shapes and forms, remove Shield DoKs and WPs, and implement RR100 and Warpforged etc.
Oh and say goodbye to the unified currencies and planned city sieges.

Seriously, this server has long since developed away from what Live was, and taking it as an argument really doesn't do much to validate this change.

For the past however many years individual players have been playing on RoR, they got used to a GCD < 1,5s to a varying degree (down to 1,1s some claim!?), but most certainly not to a full 1,5s.
Furthermore, all Skillchanges and Balancing was done based on the GCD < 1,5s. Players got used to the game playing that way.

The change put in just now setting everyone on the 1,5s GCD makes the game feel like it plays in Slow-mo (at least for me) and everyone i have talked to so far.
This is not the Warhammer I've enjoyed for the past years on RoR.
Especially because it is NOT like Live, otherwise we would not have all the great things that have come in the past years that give us all a reason to continue playing.

Please listen to your playerbase on this, and don't dismiss the criticism and outcry comparable to the NB removal, because this is a different kind of change.

MedV

Post#140 » Thu May 19, 2022 10:11 pm

Please revert - gameplay feels so bad now. =[
The King.