Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 18/05/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sinisterror

Re: Patch Notes 18/05/2022

Post#151 » Fri May 20, 2022 7:40 am

dalen wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:22 am Various broken abilities and rams not working has no connection to the GCD change.

In order to fix a lot of ability bugs we are working on sharing more ability data with the client. But when using that data it broke some abilities that were implemented wrongly on RoR and we will need to fix them. But this is just necessary work to be able to fix the 700+ ability bug reports on the bug tracker in the long run.
" The GCD on both AoR and RoR is 1.15 seconds. We know this is the case because the client allows abilities to be used 1.15s into the displayed 1.5s GCD as long as you get your timing right. If you invoke the ability too early, it will be blocked until the 1.5s GCD is up.

We previously had the server enforce the 1.5s GCD hard, and it resulted in client casts being cancelled. " AZA

So this has been tried before with bad results why do it now? It's really interesting how RoR pvp felt and played exactly like live in 2017 but has been getting worse and worse for reasons i dont understand.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
Hugatsaga

Post#152 » Fri May 20, 2022 7:45 am

Lithenir wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:53 am
xSAILORMOONx wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:29 am From WL point of view - patch broke AP regen, now u need to use ap pots on CD!
From WL point of view - I noticed literally 0 difference to before
Try using abilities? Theres difference in ap for sure.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

dalen
Developer

Post#153 » Fri May 20, 2022 7:47 am

Sinisterror wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:40 am
dalen wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:22 am Various broken abilities and rams not working has no connection to the GCD change.

In order to fix a lot of ability bugs we are working on sharing more ability data with the client. But when using that data it broke some abilities that were implemented wrongly on RoR and we will need to fix them. But this is just necessary work to be able to fix the 700+ ability bug reports on the bug tracker in the long run.
" The GCD on both AoR and RoR is 1.15 seconds. We know this is the case because the client allows abilities to be used 1.15s into the displayed 1.5s GCD as long as you get your timing right. If you invoke the ability too early, it will be blocked until the 1.5s GCD is up.

We previously had the server enforce the 1.5s GCD hard, and it resulted in client casts being cancelled. " AZA

So this has been tried before with bad results why do it now? It's really interesting how RoR pvp felt and played exactly like live in 2017 but has been getting worse and worse for reasons i dont understand.
Yeah, that's not really correct though. The client can send abilities to the server way before the 1.15s mark, sometimes even as quickly as 0.1s after last ability was used.

Also it was 1.1s on RoR before (with no input buffer). Now it is 1.5s like it was on AoR, with a input buffer after 1.1s mark, also matching what AoR had AFAIK (not really sure about the exact timing AoR had here, but 1.1s is an estimate).

The Lua code defines GCD as 1.5s. There's 3562 instant cast abilities where the multipliers match a 1.5s GCD, there's 0 abilities where multipliers match a 1.1s GCD. Also dots/hots generally tick every 3s, 2x the GCD, not 2.72x the GCD.

I'm not completely against a different GCD time, 1.5 is just an arbitrary number (but the one Mythic picked for War). But if that should be changed it should be done properly IMHO with abilities and indicators actually matching the new GCD timer.
Source Developer

Lithenir

Post#154 » Fri May 20, 2022 7:55 am

Hugatsaga wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:45 am
Lithenir wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:53 am
xSAILORMOONx wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:29 am From WL point of view - patch broke AP regen, now u need to use ap pots on CD!
From WL point of view - I noticed literally 0 difference to before
Try using abilities? Theres difference in ap for sure.
You mean I have to push buttons.
Thanks for the advice capt. :roll:

Fenris78

Post#155 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:43 am

AP ticks need to be a tad faster than before Ithink : Having to wait 1 whole second after each instacast to avoid being AP starved after 5-6 abilities is nuts.

Before you could regen one tick after 2-3 consecutive instacast, wich drained you as well, but was somehow manageable.
Now for classes that rely on many instacast direct damage skills (WL, SW, SM, WH and their mirrors etc) , and most of mdps, making a break of even 1s is very problematic DPS-wise, not to mention potions too are still on 1.5s gcd.

I hope the "new AP regen system" that you wanted to introduce will fix that, because I feel like playing a WL with every class now, being AP empty after one rotation and couldnt kill faster enough to prevent heal/escaping.

Maybe it's intended, but now I feel something is off about AP regen. It was not great before, but mdps got some AP sustain in the middle of a fight.

I can live with the new GCD : it's a small increase in TTK but it works also for healers, so everyone is balanced around that. And it increases the time needed to timestamp someone (sorc rotation and WE stun for example), wich was probably too fast TTK before.

But the AP management is now horrible and frustrating. AP per second bonuses mean nothing now, and AP drains are even stronger than before because they totally overlap the natural ticks every x second (regen cannot happen if you keep attacking, while you can be perma-drained the whole duration of fight).

Concurrently and by contrast, there are less AP pumps easily available for party, saving AP aura from Knight/Chosen, and the meh SW ability to regain 45 AP over 9s, every minute...
Every other AP pump is tied to tactics (costly to slot and will only work for others OR yourself) or self-pump skills (AM/Sham and WH/WE wich are also core skills AND drains, making those classes even stronger than before).

So I think either find another AP regen mechanic that will better flow with how skills are used across classes (I dont know the Live mechanic you wanted to introduce, maybe it will be good), or rebalance AP pump/drains for all classes, taking into account that new regen behavior, because now AP drains are just too OP and easy to get.

ravezaar

Post#156 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:52 am

This slow AP regen specially when u spammed/used skills is brutakl imho and its a HUGE buff to Ap-drain classes like AM/Shammy/BG aso..
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

licenje

Post#157 » Fri May 20, 2022 9:08 am

Was hitting chosen with ap drain aura after i used all my ap and 2 x ap pot i was 10 sec at 0 ap ,was not hitting any skill in that time. So with slayer if you got chosen next to you with ap drain aura and 10 ap/sec from items only you get 0 ap/sec regen... devs say they returned ap regen how it was before patch but its not working like it was working before patch, so something is broken

ravezaar

Post#158 » Fri May 20, 2022 9:34 am

yea AP regen is broken, almost unplayable atm
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Ads
normanis

Post#159 » Fri May 20, 2022 9:36 am

Sinisterror wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:40 am

its not exact like in 2017. in 2017 was aoe cap . now cap is 24(more damage than 9) was 9 (less damage than 24)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Magusar

Post#160 » Fri May 20, 2022 12:55 pm

After playing a little more, I can say that it feels like something raw, unfinished. Mb it would be good with some fixes(im not about AP, its just horrible right now)-adapt some classes like OYK WEs/DG and EW WHs, St BW/Sorcs (Sear/Gloomburst moment at rotation), AM/SHam mechanics, IB/BG buff mechanics etc...

The simplest solution is obviously to put some skills like OYK/DG, Sear/Gloomburst in GCD "exceptions" with old GCD check. Or go ahead and make minor adjustments to the balance like Blessed Blade/Bleeding Edge is now has 4 seconds duration instead 3 seconds, Ancestor's Fury is now 12 seconds duration instead 10 seconds etc.
Also remembering "clicks" in the last 0.2-0.3 seconds should help for ppl with hight ping and just can be improving quality and convenience of life in game.

From positive changes,which i can see right now , the game's perfomance to work better. Idk why, mb it cuz population is droping, or its really GCD changes, but if its GCD issue- it can be really good change, if it will be adapt right.
Drukar Netherlord
SL 87
WH 87
Marauder 84
Sorc 83
Eng 82
WL 82
Chop 81