Ads

Patch Notes 18/05/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
b00n

Re: Patch Notes 18/05/2022

Post#111 » Thu May 19, 2022 9:34 am

ok have to correct myself seems stage 1 in fort is working
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

Ads
nurse3766

Post#112 » Thu May 19, 2022 9:35 am

b00n wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:29 am
nurse3766 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:23 am so 24 hrs later and still stuck in KV & Eatain bc rams nolonger work.

KV & EAT PVE'ers getting rdy to 5 star with boxes because there is NO option to seige. You really have turned a RVR game into a PVE game.

all the time wasted fixing thing that arent broke until they are broke, while ignoring the things that really need to be fixed.
who tells you that after 5* staring the zone u will get a working fort ? Stage 1 is also ramming :D
maybe youre trying to be funny?

normanis

Post#113 » Thu May 19, 2022 9:51 am

Sinisterror wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:19 am
normanis wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:17 am i dont complain was testing yesterday and its playable.
offc there is some bugs what need to be fixed (sm) in next hotfix. byt atleast its playable and nomore 1shot ppl.(1 rotation)
What? What are you even saying? This change is just SIMPLIFYING this game even more;/ Harder an Harder to feel the WAR, piece by piece it's gone. I dont want that, but im afraid of that. Praise hail WAR.

"
The GCD on both AoR and RoR is 1.15 seconds. We know this is the case because the client allows abilities to be used 1.15s into the displayed 1.5s GCD as long as you get your timing right. If you invoke the ability too early, it will be blocked until the 1.5s GCD is up.

We previously had the server enforce the 1.5s GCD hard, and it resulted in client casts being cancelled. " - AZA

"1. There must be real, in-depth discussions of balance in this game. Not class to class, not mirror to mirror. We need to discuss the variety of abilities that are/are not available to different classes on each side, examine where the unique abilities are, and tweak them so that, given the current meta they can be used to the deleterious effect they have on the game currently. Each individual knows their class and others well enough to acknowledge what these abilities we might question are. For example, is it right that of the ranged DPS on destruction side 2 (Sorc, Magus) classes have a pbAOE for 1800 and rSH have a ground target AOE. Given the meta in the game, the proliferation of the bomb Magus must have certainly inspired the pbAOE Magus M4, but given the small population of Magi who prefer to stay at ranged (note: Sarcasm intended for those who may not have noticed it) perhaps it might be logical for the ranged class to default to a ranged m4. To escape from the sarcasm for a moment, why do Squig Herders' (the vast majority of whom are melee) have a ranged, ground target m4 that is of little use to them? In contradistinction, both Engineers and Shadow Warriors have a ground target AOE. And while I certainly don't dismiss the entertainment value in imagining a new meta of pbAOE Engis, perhaps we can all see that these abilities do not line up and do not make sense given the positions these classes hold in the current organization of warbands. The continued lack of rSH buffs months after the commensurate buffs to the rSW is further evidence to this point. If the meta of this game had shifted even marginally since the days of live, I could understand that these problems might just be an artifact of times gone by. Alas, it is not. It is an artifact of continual imbalance in the game, of which there are many, many, many.

On this point, I also wish to acknowledge that there are clear instances where imbalance goes the other way. There are abilities on Destro side that order players do not have access to. However, in the context of the contemporary meta, I argue that these abilities have far less impact on equity in the game than do the imbalances that favor order.

2. We need a shifting meta. Class abilities can and should vary. I don't think anyone would mind certain abilities changing to provide a breath of fresh air to their favorite old toons. We need revolving changes that allow certain classes and fighting styles to take the lead for a moment, and then, they can change again. The stale meta is not only boring but also serves to highlight balance inequities and furthers the impact that class those imbalances have on the game in the long term. There should be changes to allow for all kinds of organized warbands to be competitive. This would emphasize skilled play over selecting the right composition.

3. AOE abilities, in general, for all classes, should see their damage reduced. The reliance on AOE as a solution to all combat problems is reductive. In the current meta there is very little place, if any, for single-target play. I think shifting this focus around is one way to bring new light to some of the excellent classes that see little attention due to normative warband practices and the overwhelming efficacy of AOE in most situations.

4. City siege matching should be rebalanced. Wherever possible, pugs should not go against organized warbands. It is not fair to either side. Acknowledging the population problem that makes this practically difficult, there are ways (AAO, buffs/debuffs) to balance instances so that underdogs have a fighting chance, win more when they have successes, and organized warbands can continue to fight rather than sitting at Emissary or Circle for what feels like decades.

5. Recent changes to fort defender proportion should be reverted. The evidence of practice has been overwhelming. The implementation of changes to stage 2 has been excellent and make forts more competitive and interesting. The change to proportions of defenders to attackers has more than destroyed any gains those changes have made. Forts are now competitive in stage 2. Forts are no longer anywhere near competitive in stage 3.

I know these ideas are just a start, but it is clear to me that something has to be done. It is clear for a lot of people on Destruction, and to be frank, I hope many on Order read these ideas and see a place where they can agree with me, too. The tired, old, overreliance on slayer-balls is injurious not only to my characters (shattered limbs hurt!) but also to the order players whose toons never have a chance to shine. I look forward to reading replies and hearing peoples' thoughts.

I do not want a meta where Destro warbands stomp all over Order pugs. I've done that in cities. Many times. It's boring. But it is just as boring as sitting in spawn for the fifth city in a row because we have no chance to compete with the current meta.

I have a deep and abiding love for this game. I always have; I likely always will. But it genuinely hurts to see my Destro friends leaving this game because they don't feel like they have even a fair shot anymore. And, bluntly, it's not like this server has population to spare. I hope this post can serve to start a genuine conversation about where this game really is and where we want to go. Because as much as I embrace the philosophy of destruction, it takes two sides to WAAAAGH!

--Codrington

Madrocks- Nah guys, you ain't hearing ****.

We pointed out this issues back in 2018 when you released Vanquisher (still the only realy good set out there btw for most classes) and everyone jumped on the easy bag whoring bandwagon going PvDoor for half a year straight.
You ruined the orvr game step by step with unecessary changes based on nonsense or shortfused decisions.

First example.
I roll a tank/heal warband to stop Order easy bag zerg in chaos wastes, delete 150+ people with m2 raze. One of the most glorious nights of Destro.
Two days later you move Raze to m3 and Distracting bellow to m2. Like wtf..

Second example.
A year later, I come back from my big break.
Destro is dominating with 2 sofisticated fmj warbands + pnp + whispers of mutiny + taow/pugs (taow guild holding 3 organized pug warbands at its hight, get **** good "content creators").
Order realm STILL stacking snipe engies, BW bombing, KoTbs and barely any slayers around. Lets not even mention the other classes with amazing utilites just tagging along as meatshield.
Zerging is really bad and the weak minded bandwagon to destro as ezi bags hangarounds.
So instead of punishing the bag whoring or implementing other zerg/overpopulation punish measures what do you do?
You increase the AOE cap from 9 to 24 people.
Throw ALL abilities into an abyss of an unbalanced state.
Making keep fights a hell.
Literally encouraging people to stack more dps ergo more people to win a fight, because gank > tank.
Utility abilities like cooldown/casttime increase, aoe heal debuff, moral drain etc are a total shitshow for a while.
The rusty gun legit backfired on you.

Third example.
The removal of AOE heal debuff.
Now I really don't know why you would even consider removing such a vital CORE utility from the game. What were you thinking?
I know that I fought some former staff member leading a group in BFP that night with my half assed warband as a dps dok.
This person gets his ass handed back to him and over night there is a sudden little hotfix note WITH SPOILER that said: AOE healdebuff is been removed from the game.
Seriously? Is it that painfull to get killed by Lutz? Can't handle the pain to get **** on by the "pug leader" so it must be broken and nerfed?

This 3rd change made everything collapse basically, small scale legit died out and reduced to warcamp and straggler ganking.
Organized warbands focusing ONLY on the moral bombing game because thats all whats left at this point.

Fourth change
Actually a good change if you didn't do the other bullshit before.
The moral dmg cap.
Spoiler:
Softcap

As morale damage can not be mitigated in any way, in RoR a soft cap on morale damage has been added. It functions as a meter that increases for each point of morale damage you take, and decays by 500 points per second. As long as your meter is above 2400 you will get a buff called "Resolute" and you will start mitigating 50% of all morale damage you take after that.

(Patch 10/06/20 (link) The reasons for this change is that there has been an increased meta around coordinated AoE morale dumps in larger scale fights, which makes wounds the only defensive stat that really matters. Our hope is that this brings more diversity into tactics employed, while still keeping morale damage abilities as a powerful tool.
That so called "meta" aka. "1.2.3 fart on my spot I am not creative enough to develop another strategy/warband composition to win large scale fights" strategy was only to be countered by aoe heal debuff and other utility combo btw.
Guess what, you removed both of it now.

The latest bullshit I heard was that organized warbands can't kill each other in balanced out fights, that m2 Bellow m4 rotation on the BO was to strong.
WELL NO **** SHERLOCK!

But yeah, let me be more patient.

When will you listen to the unbiased ones that play the actual game though. "
agree with aoe target reduce. 24 is too much because u dont have debuff for hiting so many ppl. i dont know maby gdc increase was for not just spam aoe and be top dps. no need brains to spam 1-2 aoe.
p.s reduce aoe is also nerf for slayers. byt lets wait for fix patch.
p.s.s if gdc 1.5 is too huge. 1.15 is just spam 1 button. than maby what fenris said 1.3 woud be best. its a nerf but necesery nerf. and none side favour nerf. its what i was waiting
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

DokB

Post#114 » Thu May 19, 2022 10:00 am

New GCD change stinks and I hate it. It was bad enough already with high latency (average 300+ms), where I am forced to spam abilities to make sure they go off. Now combat feels clunky as **** and when you add into the mix stance swapping or queuing abilities it feels even worse. Oh and I still have zero AP like usual so this patch has been a big downgrade for me.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Nabaro

Post#115 » Thu May 19, 2022 10:22 am

Given that the GCD is now 1.5 seconds, there is an issue with the Bleeding Edge + Blessed Blade tactics(WE and WH). Since they give 3 seconds of armor penetration and earlier this was enough for exactly 2 skills after the finisher. Now(finisher1.5sec gcd+1skill1.5sec) this is only possible with a perfect ping and target is not moving, and even then not always. If this is a permanent GCD change, then maybe increase the buff time from tactics by 0.5 - 1 sec? So that, as before, tactics would be enough for 2 skills.
Triv, Nabari \ Nerv, Virt
https://www.twitch.tv/nabaro

Automation

Post#116 » Thu May 19, 2022 10:54 am

Something is seriously off with AP.
Also, BO aoe punt, you have to target someone to use it, be in range of that target and it wont even punt the target...
Cant you ' devs ' understand this patch is just plain horrible for this game?
Dont listen to wich ever clueless person is whispering in youre ear but check the last 11 pages of 99% people disagreeing with this patch.

Elmoph

Post#117 » Thu May 19, 2022 11:44 am

I can confirm that Word of Pain/Boiling Blood don't trigger Frozen touch/Flame of Ruin anymore, looks like they are treated after the patch as "debuffs" not "damaging" spells.

Grock

Post#118 » Thu May 19, 2022 12:13 pm

DokB wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:00 am New GCD change stinks and I hate it. It was bad enough already with high latency (average 300+ms), where I am forced to spam abilities to make sure they go off. Now combat feels clunky as **** and when you add into the mix stance swapping or queuing abilities it feels even worse. Oh and I still have zero AP like usual so this patch has been a big downgrade for me.
Since Dalen added input queueing system it should feel much smoother at high latency, coz even if you press skill too early the server will "remember" it and launch it when GCD is over, it should be massive improvement for high latency players

Nabaro wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:22 am Given that the GCD is now 1.5 seconds, there is an issue with the Bleeding Edge + Blessed Blade tactics(WE and WH). Since they give 3 seconds of armor penetration and earlier this was enough for exactly 2 skills after the finisher. Now(finisher1.5sec gcd+1skill1.5sec) this is only possible with a perfect ping and target is not moving, and even then not always. If this is a permanent GCD change, then maybe increase the buff time from tactics by 0.5 - 1 sec? So that, as before, tactics would be enough for 2 skills.
In theory this should be good with input queueing and shouldn't be affected by latency too much, but in practice it works 1 time out of 10 and i need to press the button when theres still 1/3rd of GCD to go, so yeah its pretty bad and just reinforces TbP/RA meta
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
oilpourer
Suspended

Post#119 » Thu May 19, 2022 3:34 pm

GCD increase, fort lockouts, any other ROR utopia changes incoming to reach the glory days of 5k pop again?

Shogun4138

Post#120 » Thu May 19, 2022 3:36 pm

I am very surprised that they have not addressed this subject yet.

Population drop could end up permanent the longer they do nothing.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**