Re: Patch Notes 30/04/2022

Post#21 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:07 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:21 pm
Roids wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:05 pm SC chat
ME:Great no healer
ME:stupid sh..

You canot do that right now!
You are muted for another 60 minutes.

Really, are we now that far that you need to take care what people say, even such things.

Welcome to China, my credit score just dropped
I'm guessing you missed the angry person spamming racist comments in chat on new accounts all over Easter?
Well. It could be disabled if the account is over lvl30 or has more than like 48 hours played, etc.

Ads
Grock

Post#22 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:02 pm

Pretty sure a person dedicated to spamming public chat with profanities will not be stopped by a basic profanity filter lol
And if the filter is too aggressive it will find "profanities" in regulr speech and randomly timeout regular people

Definitely not a fan of this change
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Strakar

Post#23 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:17 pm

Pulptenks wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:13 pm

Code: Select all

City Siege

The city siege schedule is now changed to a rotating schedule instead of a weighted random times. This is made to try and create city sieges in prime times for various time zones.

- EU early (20:00 Altdorf time)
- EU late (22:00 Altdorf time)
- NA East (00:00 Altdorf time)
- NA West (03:00 Altdorf time)
Well I'm a new player. And I not am entirely sure on what the City Siege entails. But for NA these times simply doesn't work. That's a bad evaluation in my humble opinion and I would suggest for a review of those picked up times for the NA players. I don't know many individuals who usually do "endgame" in 20 years of MMORPG at 6pm.

My personal suggestion would be more close to 02:00 and 05:00 Altdorf time for the NA players. This way a bigger pool of the NA player base would have a chance to at least do one of the two or even, both.
I agree with this, maybe 1-2 hours later respectively for NA. Prime is really like 8-9 pm, 6-7 pm is dinner and family time or just getting off work for people who have lives.

Also agree with Gravord that city was overly lucrative with the last patch but may tweak up slightly to encourage pops, like 12/5 respectively. Also the comparison to sc's is fair, those rewards honestly should be higher 2 per 100 points and 2 per top contribution.

TikiiTorch

Post#24 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:30 pm

Strakar wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:17 pm
Pulptenks wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:13 pm

Code: Select all

City Siege

The city siege schedule is now changed to a rotating schedule instead of a weighted random times. This is made to try and create city sieges in prime times for various time zones.

- NA East (00:00 Altdorf time)
- NA West (03:00 Altdorf time)
Well I'm a new player. And I not am entirely sure on what the City Siege entails. But for NA these times simply doesn't work. That's a bad evaluation in my humble opinion and I would suggest for a review of those picked up times for the NA players. I don't know many individuals who usually do "endgame" in 20 years of MMORPG at 6pm.

My personal suggestion would be more close to 02:00 and 05:00 Altdorf time for the NA players. This way a bigger pool of the NA player base would have a chance to at least do one of the two or even, both.
I agree with this, maybe 1-2 hours later respectively for NA. Prime is really like 8-9 pm, 6-7 pm is dinner and family time or just getting off work for people who have lives.
I third this for sure. These times are pretty unrealistic for NA. For most people the 2 options are now "while your at work" or "while your coming home from work and having dinner with your family".

I know most of my (pretty large) guild is not even logged on at these times that are suggested.
Tikii is the name, doing Shaman things poorly is my game

Gravord

Post#25 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:33 pm

+3h to both NA East and West seems in order. Would place cities at 9pm of each time zone respectively, perfectly in the middle of the prime time.

Rubius
Developer

Post#26 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:47 pm

New mute system could be really helpful as it gets fleshed out!

Bummed about the drastic reduction in crests in cities. The increased payout was on track to be a nice motivator for people to at least stick around instead of ragequitting when losing (Which then also penalizes those who do want to stay and fight.)

Evilspinnre

Post#27 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:22 pm

I see the complaints of 1 person have had the city crest nerf happen. Prior to the increase, a large numbers of players skipped city and did not bother to form as you can get more crests from RvR by taking zones (my slayer got 1250 in one night including the weekly).

After the change, we saw an increase in pops even during weird times, and far more stronger warbands made on both sides to obtain a win. Imagine not wanting to incentivise the most competitive content in the game (aside from g ranked) and encourage zerging zones for easy crests.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Wuu

Post#28 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:54 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:21 pm I'm guessing you missed the angry person spamming racist comments in chat on new accounts all over Easter?

Yep, I was gone for two weeks. So one racist person prompts a system wide change that affects us all? There is already a language filter in place, why resort to more draconian measures? This is a nontroversy.

Ads
thefryinallofus

Post#29 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:56 pm

Lindisfarne wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:47 pm Why do you need to mute people for words if you have a filter already built in for ppl who are scared of words.
This. Blocking people works just fine for me. Not sure why we need a new system.
Bloodroote (78 DOK) | Blackroot (81 BG) | Shadowroot (73 SORC)

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#30 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:07 pm

Lindisfarne wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:47 pm Why do you need to mute people for words if you have a filter already built in for ppl who are scared of words.
The new system definitely needs some tweaking as we mentioned and we will do the necessary changes to ensure a smooth and safe environment. The list of flagged words will be reviewed and optimized.