Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 09/03/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
BluIzLucky

Re: Patch Notes 09/03/2022

Post#181 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:21 pm

Lion1986 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:34 am I must have played anotehr server then. Yesterday won 1 purple 1 gold and 2 green bags. on my 38 pg just bought genesis cloak and 1 conqueror in 2 hours time of time played.
I think you are on the same server, but probably didn't gear r40s before this patch :lol:
Before as a refresh 40/50 you would have gotten a vanq piece for free (4-10x the value of the crests you got), a 7/9 chance of a good genesis/Subjugator piece (shard and cloak being bad) .

So while you think it was a good haul, you just wasted 3 bags of gcrests on cloak vs 1 from 7/9 bad luck and..
You might have bought conq boots/gloves with wcrests because you can't afford the 15x AH price ramp up (first week only), on items you didn't even need before vs getting 1p of vanq from gold bag.

Their stated intention was to keep time to progress the same, with a premium for removing luck based elements.

For me genesis/Subjugator price/time to acquire is now up 4-6x while considering avg duplicates (10x if we remove gcrests from gold bags that'd we rarely use on genesis before) seems like a lot just so a few players don't get shafted by extremely bad luck (e.g. making the game better).

It should have imo been a 20-100% increase so 1,2,3,5,10 gcrests in (w,gr,b,p,go) bags or 30-75 wcrests would be much closer.

My SM has about 15 pieces of genesis, this new system would require me to get 60 extra bags to get the same.

People are giving feedback that the devs are asking for, they either agree or disagree, pointing stuff out and backing it up is hardly whining :lol:
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
Gravord

Post#182 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:33 pm

Uberlix wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:48 am
Lion1986 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:34 am

So, what does qualify as "casual" for you? People that don't play everyday?

I pretty much stopped playing (apart from the one day for the first Land of the Dead Test this year),
You answered yourself on casual definition.
Since we established that i am a casual player that doesn't play daily, i will ask you again:

Should i and other players like me, according to you, even bother playing the game in that case?
Gearing up for a casual players was never easier. You are not gated by crazy hours city to get your royals, you dont need to play on "standby", ready to hop into the game at a moment notice or you miss out your only progression option. You log in when you can, play any pvp content you like and it gives your character progression towards sovereign set. You can access not overly hard rvr week warfront to gain even more war crest to supplement your limited play time with steady weekly progress. Casual player able to play 2-3 hours 2-3 times a week should be able complete most or all of the tasks (likely fort requirement could be toned down).
Also, keep in mind, its not final set in stone for generations to come version of the game. Big and positive changes happened, potion pricing was adjusted already within few days of patch and more changes is likely to follow. You and everyone else need to keep in mind that dev team came up with new reworked unified currency system and pricing build around it and that its hard to pin point perfect solution without additional data they are gaining now. Currency gain vs gear prices for sure is being evaluated, war crest char gains/hour tracked and so on. Adjustments are likely to happen and panicking just days after such big patch is not needed. And its a lot less problematic to increase currency gains or reduce gear prices than to do the opposite.

Uberlix

Post#183 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:51 pm

I wasn't seriously asking if i should play or not, i was much rather taking the piss out of the person stating that casual players are bots and losing them would be no big deal for the game.

Gearing up for players that are already on Vanq+ is convenient, true enough. Which is the reason why i got back to playing in the first place.Easy to say that gearing up was never easier, when you are already on that level. Let's not forget, that you used to get gear pieces out of gold bags as well.

New players / alts certainly have their work cut out for them currently.

Voicing concerns regarding this as soon as the patch dropped, is excactly what the people affected should do. And the devs are already making changes to some extent, which is good.
WWWWWAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!

Gravord

Post#184 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:55 pm

Uberlix wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:51 pm I wasn't seriously asking if i should play or not, i was much rather taking the piss out of the person stating that casual players are bots and losing them would be no big deal for the game.

Gearing up for players that are already on Vanq+ is convenient, true enough. Which is the reason why i got back to playing in the first place.Easy to say that gearing up was never easier, when you are already on that level. Let's not forget, that you used to get gear pieces out of gold bags as well.

New players / alts certainly have their work cut out for them currently.

Voicing concerns regarding this as soon as the patch dropped, is excactly what the people affected should do. And the devs are already making changes to some extent, which is good.
I was referring to players going a little too far beyond voicing concerns.
And you need to keep in mind, bag drop was too much rng of a reward, some would get right piece instantly, personally i know players who crossed over rr80 before they got that right genesis piece for their build. It didnt made much sense to have it so heavy rng based. Now as player you put effort and you dont need luck, you earn your stuff and buy exactly piece you want. I consider that a far better and fair system.

Uberlix

Post#185 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:02 pm

RNG aspect was ****, yes. So why not change that, instead of removing gear pieces altogether?

Get one piece, next drop is guaranteed not to get that one again for example. Still rng as to what you get first, but way better than getting vanq gloves 3 times in a row or something.

And even if you got a duplicate, you could still choose the currency you need instead. So i honestly don't know why they wouldn't keep the gear drops, even if it was rng.
WWWWWAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!

Gravord

Post#186 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:06 pm

Uberlix wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:02 pm RNG aspect was ****, yes. So why not change that, instead of removing gear pieces altogether?

Get one piece, next drop is guaranteed not to get that one again for example. Still rng as to what you get first, but way better than getting vanq gloves 3 times in a row or something.

And even if you got a duplicate, you could still choose the currency you need instead. So i honestly don't know why they wouldn't keep the gear drops, even if it was rng.
Keep in mind that gold bags for zone happen to everyone even with minimal contribution. You can do barely anything and as long as you did minimal effort your next bag chances increase as its not rolled against other players, but just yourself. So vanq pieces in big part could be completed by almost no effort on player part. Show up, tag the lord while already on 5%, repeat few times, guarantee gold bag. Now active gaming produces far superior gains than previously, without rng or show up reward. RvR gotten a lot more active than before.

CountTalabecland

Post#187 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:11 pm

Uberlix wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:02 pm RNG aspect was ****, yes. So why not change that, instead of removing gear pieces altogether?

I expect that it is because you have multiple more sources for universal currency now from kills, scens, etc.

Whereas before, you needed to do ORvR for ORvR currency. It would still take awhile to get the cheaper pieces of a set and wait for RNG to give you the expensive ones.

Now, I assume, the devs think that you would gear too fast with pieces in gold bags and being able to buy the cheaper parts with currency from all sources. The intent of the patch is to really make you grind for it.

PS, I like the new system after trying it out this weekend. Active kill hunting is more rewarding and ppl have more incentive to fight.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

agemennon675

Post#188 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:27 pm

Please/please reconsider genesis/subjugator prices they are 10x harder to get than before. I dont understand why they cannot be bought with war crests too, introducing new currency with unifying currency patch is really odd. Genesis/subj is entry level t4 gear and they shouldnt be as hard to get as it is right now. Thank you.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
Gravord

Post#189 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:31 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:27 pm Please/please reconsider genesis/subjugator prices they are 10x harder to get than before. I dont understand why they cannot be bought with war crests too, introducing new currency with unifying currency patch is really odd. Genesis/subj is entry level t4 gear and they shouldnt be as hard to get as it is right now. Thank you.
Thats not exactly true. 2 pc genesis is currently rr80 chars meta. And for many classes subj weapon upscaled to fort level weapon is bis aswell.

agemennon675

Post#190 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:43 pm

Gravord wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:31 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:27 pm Please/please reconsider genesis/subjugator prices they are 10x harder to get than before. I dont understand why they cannot be bought with war crests too, introducing new currency with unifying currency patch is really odd. Genesis/subj is entry level t4 gear and they shouldnt be as hard to get as it is right now. Thank you.
Thats not exactly true. 2 pc genesis is currently rr80 chars meta. And for many classes subj weapon upscaled to fort level weapon is bis aswell.
So the years of getting one genesis piece in blue+ bags and subjugator in purple+ bags was considered too fast and intentionally slowed down 10x ?
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer