Ads

Patch Notes 09/03/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Automation

Re: Patch Notes 09/03/2022

Post#161 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:54 pm

Great patch.
Unified currency is probably the best change in years.
Huge step forward for the server.
Keep it up and thanks.

Ads
Emissary
Community Management

Post#162 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:40 pm

Just tested on my dok in t1. To see how new players will like these changes. I am level 8 now after 2 scs and I have gotten 4 warcrests. I need at level 10 112 warcrests to get my gear to progress correctly.

So if I am a brand new toon with no friends yet or guild we are showing our newcomers that the grind is going to be beyond what they can do.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Haskr

Post#163 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:12 pm

Emissary wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:40 pm Just tested on my dok in t1. To see how new players will like these changes. I am level 8 now after 2 scs and I have gotten 4 warcrests. I need at level 10 112 warcrests to get my gear to progress correctly.

So if I am a brand new toon with no friends yet or guild we are showing our newcomers that the grind is going to be beyond what they can do.
Im level 13 archmage, i bought the level 8 set at around level 10 or 11 and im skipping the sc weapon, 50 crests is too much because if i spend it i cannot buy the level 15/16/17 set because you level faster in tier 1 than you get crests.
i run solo dps am and kill a lot, but not every kill is a crest.

Topdude

Post#164 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:33 pm

Emissary wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:40 pm So if I am a brand new toon with no friends yet or guild we are showing our newcomers that the grind is going to be beyond what they can do.
IMO, the development of this game hasn't been aimed at attracting new players or even at existing players leveling alts for nearly two years. It's gradually been evolving into a zergfest skirmish oriented game of elites, (ie. Kills bring WAY more RP than a zone lock). Between the communities disdain and harassment of lower level toons and the Devs making the grind harder and harder population is already suffering.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#165 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:06 pm

Haskr wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:12 pm
Emissary wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:40 pm Just tested on my dok in t1. To see how new players will like these changes. I am level 8 now after 2 scs and I have gotten 4 warcrests. I need at level 10 112 warcrests to get my gear to progress correctly.

Im level 13 archmage, i bought the level 8 set at around level 10 or 11 and im skipping the sc weapon, 50 crests is too much because if i spend it i cannot buy the level 15/16/17 set because you level faster in tier 1 than you get crests.
i run solo dps am and kill a lot, but not every kill is a crest.
Exactly you are a dps AM, a tank, a heal spec healer will not get the crests AM(DPS)/shammy(DPS)/we/wh will get
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Fenris78

Post#166 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:45 pm

Looks like gear cost, being armor or weapons, could use some adjustements especially for lower tiers, as other people already mentioned.

Currently, it looks like the ratio currency gain rate vs gear cost is very hard for new players and rerolls ; 40 tokens for one piece of starter gear looks like very harsh, considering PvE alternatives wich are now far quicker to get.

Example : keeper full set is about 1h of play and at same level of Obliterator wich currently costs 102 crests. Adding previous Decimator set for unlock is +62 crests, totaling 164 crests.
And I'm not even talking about weapons costs here.

I'm pretty sure it's not possible (or very hard) to earn that much crests in T1 activities, being RvR or scenarii, judging the speed of leveling on this tier.

It looks like conversion prices have been scaled somehow linearly, while before is was by a factor of 5 for each tier.

I still think prices should be considerably lowered for early gear, midly lowered for mid-tier stuff, and slightly lowered for entry T4 gear (Conqueror/Vanquisher), while endgame looks almost fine in that regard.

Keula

Post#167 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:30 pm

Holy potion prices vanq ones are 9 crests??? Like how did that come to be? I mean even if they cost 1 ppl might still not buy them because it slows down progression if they don't have full sov yet. Well I hope you like doing PVE because those weapon prices are pretty high and that bloodlord is looking pretty juicy for dps, sorry healers no heal crit for you, hopefully you class has good dungeon weapons. And really adding a 40g switch cost on dungeon weps. Just why? Same for the fort wep why gold? Also the subj weapon needing 13,3/20/40(half for 1H obv) bags? Huh? 20 Epic bags used to be "checks notes" 20 Subj Items, or smugglers if you got the incorrect one. Other than the potential salvaging loss, how many crests you "lose" by getting the weapon? What is this "considerable amount" of crests per bag and does it scale with RR/Tome armor unlock?
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

Kenshiken

Post#168 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:41 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:45 pm Looks like gear cost, being armor or weapons, could use some adjustements especially for lower tiers, as other people already mentioned.

Currently, it looks like the ratio currency gain rate vs gear cost is very hard for new players and rerolls ; 40 tokens for one piece of starter gear looks like very harsh, considering PvE alternatives wich are now far quicker to get.

Example : keeper full set is about 1h of play and at same level of Obliterator wich currently costs 102 crests. Adding previous Decimator set for unlock is +62 crests, totaling 164 crests.
And I'm not even talking about weapons costs here.

I'm pretty sure it's not possible (or very hard) to earn that much crests in T1 activities, being RvR or scenarii, judging the speed of leveling on this tier.

It looks like conversion prices have been scaled somehow linearly, while before is was by a factor of 5 for each tier.

I still think prices should be considerably lowered for early gear, midly lowered for mid-tier stuff, and slightly lowered for entry T4 gear (Conqueror/Vanquisher), while endgame looks almost fine in that regard.
Agree. Game is not about low/mid tiers, not with our online numbers.
Let the new players feel the joy and freedom of selecting and buying the gear they want and enjoy it till they hit level 40 and needed to grind for real for it.
It's not a long journey to 40, anyway. I think we all would benefit if it's a nice and not too grindy for them till then.
Leave the grind to early T4 and endgame.
Last edited by Kenshiken on Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#169 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:59 pm

Yeah, lower tier set prices looks to have doubled while drastically reducing medal gains from breaking down higher tiers.

You used to easily be able to get all sets (sc, rvr, pq) and all SC weapons of each of tiers below conq/dom, with medals to spare as you levelled.

Then you'd skip conq (getting Genesis/Subjugator) and skip Dom only getting the dom SC weapons.

You need to heavily reduce prices for everything below vanq. 50% or more.
And honestly.. reduce Vanq by 50% too (it's gone up 400-600%).

Or increase crest drop rates.

Anyway, thanks again for taking our feedback :)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Sulorie

Post#170 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:40 am

BluIzLucky wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:59 pm Yeah, lower tier set prices looks to have doubled while drastically reducing medal gains from breaking down higher tiers.
I think breaking down higher tier currency was a work-around, which shouldn't be there in the first place. This means the currency gain rates have to be reevaluated and gear prices reduced, if they happen to be too high under normal progression speed without -xp scrolls.
Dying is no option.