Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ReturnOfReckoning
Staff

Patch Notes 05/09/2021

Post#1 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:24 am

Highlights
September 18th 2021

Click here to watch on YouTube

Join us on September 18th 2021 to wish Warhammer Online a Happy 13th Birthday.

Facebook | Youtube | Twitch

Weekend Warfront: Guns, Shrooms, and Steam

The trains of Kadrin Valley are carrying gromril back to Karaz-a-Karak night and day. Work on the Doomstrikers is well underway, but now the greenskins have decided to sabotage the efforts. Get out to Gromril Crossing, and help your realm drive back the enemy!

This weekend Guns, Shrooms, and Steam will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Gromril Crossing scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.

Updated tasks in patch
Following community feedback, we've adjusted the below tasks' requirements in this weekend warfront.

- The tasks to capture Da Base Camp and The Engine Number 9 are changed to give credit at the end of the capture timer.

- The task to capture the Bridge objective is changed to give credit at the start of the capture.

Realm versus Realm
Ranked Scenarios

The weekly ranked event rewards have changed:

Basic reward: 50 Triumphant Emblems
Advanced reward: 100 Triumphant Emblems OR 1 Triumphant Insignia
Elite reward: 150 Triumphant Emblems OR 1 Triumphant Insignia

The event slot items and Stalwart Soulstones are still available for purchase for Triumphant Emblems.

Community Memorial

World
A gravestone has been added in Praag's Russensheller Graveyard to commemorate player Radia, following a request by their guild and friends.

Memorial of Radia
Tonight, the guild, alliance and friends of Radia would like to honor them by inviting everyone to Russensheller Graveyard in Praag at 19:00 Altdorf time.

Content
Items

- Corrected some wrong weapon appearances and their item slots.

Public Quests

- Clarion Tower: The barriers and the portal have been removed so that you don't have to complete the first stage to kill Uronail for a quest

Quests

Greenskin Chapter 21
- Wild Stunty Hunting: The whole quest line is now available and reworked
- Gettin' an Ear-full: You will now have to take the ears of the Clarion high elves, and the quest rewards have been added
- A Litl' Smoky: The quest rewards have been corrected
- Chariots Aflame: You will now receive the Burning Ember when you interact with the Campfire
- Squigs Over: This quest is now available from Keetz and has been corrected
- Hungry Work: You can now collect the Hunk of Meat for the Watcha Git, and you now receive the reward at the end of the quest, no longer at the start

Tickets

[19400] The rare dyes were not ment to be on the quests and are removed.
[19372] The Bigchoppa is now really a big choppa

Ads
Mergrim

Re: Patch Notes 05/09/2021

Post#2 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:38 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:24 am The weekly ranked event rewards have changed:

Basic reward: 50 Triumphant Emblems
Advanced reward: 100 Triumphant Emblems OR 1 Triumphant Insignia
Elite reward: 150 Triumphant Emblems OR 1 Triumphant Insignia
A small step to repair ranked ... definitely too small. This change nothing.
No changes to the mmr system, ranked still dead. You have to remove the mmr system and leaderboards.

areandar

Post#3 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:43 pm

good to see ur finally reaching the point, the time ya show some of ya work on dwarven city hope that will keep the people interested wish ya the best Ror.
will see the vids on youtube when its in (well its already in but i mean that the players will see it ) :D

Acidic

Post#4 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:53 pm

Nice to see the memorial
Cool that you guys keep pushing out patches

h34rtbrok3n

Post#5 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:56 pm

Very nice changes / additions <3

Caduceus

Post#6 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:23 pm

Hype!

Good change for Ranked, but it is a little late. And honestly, it feels like a carrot on a stick. Is two insignias per week and the prospect of a Triumphant ring in 25 weeks really enough to get them to commit to the meatgrinder that is Ranked? I am not sure. I am in doubt myself as well.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

sogeou

Post#7 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:36 pm

Caduceus wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:23 pm Hype!

Good change for Ranked, but it is a little late. And honestly, it feels like a carrot on a stick. Is two insignias per week and the prospect of a Triumphant ring in 25 weeks really enough to get them to commit to the meatgrinder that is Ranked? I am not sure. I am in doubt myself as well.
I really don't understand the HUGE grind the devs feel people need. Like this game is not a live game and most people don't play it as there main game. They try really hard to slow progress down any chance they get. While they should push progress and make things easier to get. Which they failure to understand is people will just stop playing because of the slow grind, then you add in the fact new world is two weeks away things will be a ghost town for a bit. I am sure they will try to release something new once NW is released.

Toshutkidup

Post#8 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:40 pm

BO ticks re implemented ? I was getting ticks in HP about every 10 sec or so
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
Klod91

Post#9 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:14 pm

Good changes to Gromril. Thanks.
Optimisation of SCs and Weekend Event tasks is always a welcome sight.

wonshot

Post#10 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:34 pm

Thanks for the patch and ever ongoing events / warfronts!

Any word on the stuck-mainchar issue that has been persisting for 14days now?
Is it low priority or just insanely hard to figure out what the issue is, how to recreate?
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO