Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 22/07/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Azary1

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2021

Post#51 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:50 am

LobsterRekon wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:52 am My personal opinion/feedback from a pug perspective about the oil change:
  • Why is oil still a consumable that costs 5g? Most pugs will probably not even buy it anymore. To be more consistent, oil should be free or have its price drastically reduced
  • I see less intensive to defend keeps, when we are severely outnumbered. One of the main motivations to defend such keeps is the potential for a high-renown oil drop.
I agree with you. Yesterday I personally observed how the pugs after the patch could not up oil. And the gates were quietly breaking. No one else is interested in spending gold and getting nothing

Ads
Grious

Post#52 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:18 am

Maybe its time to make oil a one time purchase like the rest of the siege weapons. Overall a pretty good patch, minus the Event

Rubius
Developer

Post#53 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:37 am

Grious wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:18 am Maybe its time to make oil a one time purchase like the rest of the siege weapons. Overall a pretty good patch, minus the Event
This is a good idea. At the least, I hope items like invader /royal shards are still being given for oil kills like they would from normal player kills on high RR, even if no renown.

I really like the intent of the oil change; just hoping that the cost now doesn't discourage people to such an extent they don't even want to place. 20-30g lost per keep when you're heavily outnumbered already can add up, so we might see defenders not placing oil, period, if largely outnumbered and gaining nothing for the gold spent.

Caduceus

Post#54 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:57 am

Nerfing Sorcs under the guise of bug fixing because a solo roamer was clapped by two Sorcs once?

Come on guys.

Way to make a struggling class struggle even more.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Grious

Post#55 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:07 am

Caduceus wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:57 am Nerfing Sorcs under the guise of bug fixing because a solo roamer was clapped by two Sorcs once?

Come on guys.

It was suppose to function like BW's Ignition tactic, it didn't before, now it does.

Dabbart

Post#56 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:14 am

Spoiler:
Omegus wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:33 pm
dalen wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:10 pm
Arthem wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:00 pm So is this gonna be phased in to all abilities that used to stack if it was tactic / morale / ability? Or are you just going to ignore core mechanics and make an exception for one class? If you want to nerf sorc why aren't you just doing that instead of very sloppy balance work? It makes you seem to not understand the game you are balancing.
Chillwind is an ability. Even if that ability is modified by a tactic, it is still an ability.

Just like Powerful Draw doesn't turn Thadow sting into a tactic, even if it is modified by the powerful draw tactic.
This is still applied inconsistantly across abilities, and I'm not looking forward to the further nerf to the RP/Zealot if it's armour (and spirit) debuff tactic is changed to work like this (just as the ability it is linked to got fixed this patch!). What about tactics that can be procced by abilities, such as Piece Defenses? I asked on Discord and - assuming I didn't get baited by a troll reply - was told that it was "an ability proc the tactic gives you access to".

Do the Daemonic Armour and Flak Jacket abilities still stack with armour buffs? Do stances (which are abilities) still stack with other things, such as the SW's skirmish stance's 5% crit bonus stacking with potions/procs?

It's really *really* confusing to work out what should stack with what :(. Also, there's a chance my info above is horribly out-dated now so sorry if so.

On a related note, thank you for fixing Demon Spittle!

edit: So I realise this was a while ago now, but this is Azareal confirming that tactic stacking from base tactics or ability procs went into the tactic stacking group. The justification for "Warping the Spirit" (Zealot's armour proc from a heal) not stacking was because it would be too powerful and not because it was in the wrong stacking group: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10300

edit 2: What about the Wrist Slash tactic for the SW? From what I've been able to find it initially fully stacked, but then was changed so that the buff part stacked but the debuff did not.
This. Ability/tactic/morale. It shouldn't matter if the tactic is coming into play via ability usage, proc, or passive. That is how almost all of them work. Are we going to make EVERY ability altered by a tactic stack alongside abilities now? That is a pretty significant change mate.

So, no ability altered via tactic should stack with other abilities? That is the rule? If one is found to do so, it is a Bug and should be screened and reported correct?

edit: nm the sorc nerf. Fine, nerf em. They timestamp people all day long. IDGAF.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Sulorie

Post#57 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:24 am

Azary1 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:50 am
LobsterRekon wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:52 am My personal opinion/feedback from a pug perspective about the oil change:
  • Why is oil still a consumable that costs 5g? Most pugs will probably not even buy it anymore. To be more consistent, oil should be free or have its price drastically reduced
  • I see less intensive to defend keeps, when we are severely outnumbered. One of the main motivations to defend such keeps is the potential for a high-renown oil drop.
I agree with you. Yesterday I personally observed how the pugs after the patch could not up oil. And the gates were quietly breaking. No one else is interested in spending gold and getting nothing
How is this worse than before, where people placed oil as soon as possible, before someone else did it, to not miss the opportunity for huge gains, instead of waiting for the right moment?
The guilds, who actually want to defend the zone for whatever reason will still use oil.
I expect to see less solo players using oil but those mostly did it for the renown and not realm pride.
Dying is no option.

Caduceus

Post#58 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:31 am

Grious wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:07 am
Caduceus wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:57 am Nerfing Sorcs under the guise of bug fixing because a solo roamer was clapped by two Sorcs once?

Come on guys.

It was suppose to function like BW's Ignition tactic, it didn't before, now it does.

Given both classes' performance in Ranked it would have made a whole lot more sense to make Ignition function more like Shadow of Disaster, wouldn't it?

Ironically, the person who complained was a solo roaming DPS AM, and DPS AM just so happens to outpeform Sorc in both Ranked and 1v1.

Odd how that works.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
Grious

Post#59 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:53 am

Caduceus wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:31 am

Come on guys.

Given both classes' performance in Ranked it would have made a whole lot more sense to make Ignition function more like Shadow of Disaster, wouldn't it?

Ironically, the person who complained was a solo roaming DPS AM, and DPS AM just so happens to outpeform Sorc in both Ranked and 1v1.

Odd how that works.
Honestly yeah I would agree that Ignition should have been brought up instead of SoD brought down but sadly I wasn't seeing that happening. Would have brought more complaints than nerfing Sorc.

Sulorie

Post#60 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:58 am

Caduceus wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:31 am

Come on guys.

Odd how that works.
How likely is it to have double sorc or rdps in ranked to stack debuffs? Let me see ... it's 0%.
The fix doesn't affect sorcs in most instances and where it matters, they had an unjustified advantage.
SM spirit debuff stacking got removed for the same reason.
Dying is no option.