Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Everdin

Re: Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Post#281 » Sun May 30, 2021 10:40 am

AxelF wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:22 am It's really really simple. Name any other addon that chooses what skill to use for you. Just 1.
For you that part of addons is terrible, for others only vanilla is the only "right way" to play the game, who are you to specify where to draw the line?

Let's face it all, playing without Buffhead or Enemy would have a massiv more effect on gameplay then NB has.

You will not notice a difference between a good player using NB and same player not using NB (there will be a difference, but not really noticable).

But you will definitly see a difference if same player plays vanilla or with all the fancy addon stuff all of you are defend here as "Not so bad".
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
Omegus

Post#282 » Sun May 30, 2021 11:11 am

Skullgrin wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:10 pm
Omegus wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:59 pm Another route for addon developers to go down is to use the conditional checks (which can't be removed) in conjunction with hooking into the hotbar button UI code to make the button glow/be on fire/etc if the conditional checks indicate the ability should now be used. For examples of these effects see the glow around the ability buttons for a Shaman depending on Waaagh levels.

It won't automate which order to press them in but it would give you much clearer feedback on what might be a good button to press next. You would still then have to actually press the right button / shortcut rather than just mash 1.

This already exists, it's called Actionbarcolor.
Yes but I meant be able to add extra conditionals ot the glow, i.e. if my buff isn't up then glow. However...
Tjampe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:54 pm This makes NB work except the hotbar icon remains the same all the time.
Oh ****... I assume that call isn't sent to the server so it can't be tracked at this time?

Also, my earlier post about needing clear guidelines from the devs about what we are and are not allowed to do with addons is even more important than ever.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Twyxx

Post#283 » Sun May 30, 2021 11:46 am

mynban wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:38 am Here is the sad reality with remaining mandatory addons:

1. Buffhead needs to be removed from the game as well:
It *DOES* have conditional checks. You set it in a way to only display relevant specific conditions to allow punts, see if guarded, and keep watching for rotation durations. If buffhead did nothing but display ALL conditions with a different interface, it would be acceptable as just a visual QoL improvement, but right now it filters information for you. This is just as bad as NB, someone who doesnt use buffhead, or havent customized it properly is at an outstanding disadvantage. Letting buffhead in its current state stay, while removing NB is very problematic.
Only default buffhead that displays everything should be allowed.

2. Tether: Same thing, it checks for a conditional: the distance between guard/target, and gives feedback based on the distance. It is doing conditional checks and acting differently based on that. Any player guarding/guarded without tether is playing without an automated conditional check tether users employ.

3. Enemy - marking target: This a can of worms. It auto highlights who you are supposed to target, a target you had nothing to do with choosing who it should be.

Same with healer addons..

Do we remove all those addons and force a 3sec CD on anyone who has *something* in their mods folder?

Also before anyone comes and says above addons do not give absolute advantage, please have a reality check and be honest with yourself.
You’re whack.

mynban

Post#284 » Sun May 30, 2021 11:52 am

Twyxx wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:46 am
mynban wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:38 am ....
You’re whack.
Maybe, or simply I am right and when it comes to addons everything fall in a grey area.

People hating NB and saying it was a cheat simply draw the line in a different point in that grey area, nothing less nothing more.

CountTalabecland

Post#285 » Sun May 30, 2021 11:58 am

Glad NB is gone. Lol at ppl saying that they needed it to play IB. Its really not that hard.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Twyxx

Post#286 » Sun May 30, 2021 11:58 am

mynban wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:52 am
mynban wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:38 am ....
You’re whack.
Maybe, or simply I am right and when it comes to addons everything fall in a grey area.

People hating NB and saying it was a cheat simply draw the line in a different point in that grey area, nothing less nothing more.
Except you’re not right.
This is a strange comparison to draw between NB and other addons like Buffhead and Enemy for multiple reasons.
If your argument is that NB plays the game for you, let’s accept it and see how it plays out. In contrast, enemy and buffhead solely give the player information. What the player does with that information is up to them and provides opportunities for counterplay that make the game interesting. For example, I can see when a sorc or bright wizard is rotating on me or my team and provide that information in comms, the situation of the fight can mean that person with the rotation on them can choose to back off or to ignore and stay in the fight.
Secondly, the base UI is just trash. If you want to play vanilla UI, fine, but it gives no information to the player at all, is clunky, and unoptimized.
I understand that a large chunk of this game is boomers so technology may be difficult to figure out, but these two addons are simple tools that improve what the base UI severely lacks.

anarchypark

Post#287 » Sun May 30, 2021 12:33 pm

dang cries are suddenly stopped.
hope there will be another fix.
cheerup devs, put a stake on a aimbots.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

marafado
Suspended

Post#288 » Sun May 30, 2021 1:11 pm

bois, we need to show proper respect for the "good players" --> technology users, call them aimbots...Zzzzzzzzzzz... no need to put these poor ppl in more stress :(
lets imagine all this "good players" that play multiple toons in xrealm guilds, this ppl dont have an ideia how to play the toon without the "technology", lets hope the WB leader is a nice guy and have patience with them or we get an increase of baddies/mediocre players to join our ranks ;p

Ads
ufthakk
Suspended

Post#289 » Sun May 30, 2021 1:22 pm

Twyxx wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:58 am
mynban wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:52 am

You’re whack.

Except you’re not right.
This is a strange comparison to draw between NB and other addons like Buffhead and Enemy for multiple reasons.
If your argument is that NB plays the game for you, let’s accept it and see how it plays out. In contrast, enemy and buffhead solely give the player information. What the player does with that information is up to them and provides opportunities for counterplay that make the game interesting. For example, I can see when a sorc or bright wizard is rotating on me or my team and provide that information in comms, the situation of the fight can mean that person with the rotation on them can choose to back off or to ignore and stay in the fight.
Secondly, the base UI is just trash. If you want to play vanilla UI, fine, but it gives no information to the player at all, is clunky, and unoptimized.
I understand that a large chunk of this game is boomers so technology may be difficult to figure out, but these two addons are simple tools that improve what the base UI severely lacks.
if u still use "boomer" means your a boomer yourself :D

nonfactor

Post#290 » Sun May 30, 2021 1:25 pm

Jusva321 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:17 pm if it is that easy to bypass it is just funny that you didnt think someone whoud do it

give us back NB with having to break the ruels :)
i mean now that they decided that they do not like nb after so many years even if you find a fix for that ban for a week or two, they will patch it again sooner or later so you might get used to not having it now